RAWA Supporter's groups meeting with SAFC - 16th Feb

Can you check we are taking our full allocations?

What happened to reciprocal pricing?

If every £ is so important why did we not let Sheff Wed take more seats?

Are away fans moving back to the lower tier?

What are we doing to get the next generation of fans into the stadium? (This is probably my most important one)

- Can fans have input into our next strip selections? Can we carefully consider the next kit manufacturer as certain brands offer better, more unique designs such as Umbro.

- Have the club considered producing concept tops perhaps using the old ship badge, this way they could use any colour, say it's a concept away kit and see how it goes. They could initially release strips them as limited edition exclusives, say only 1,000 made for a premium (£75-100 depending on costs) to test demand.

- This has been asked many times, but I don't think it's been raised within any of these meetings. Have the club considered commissioning an acoustician or similar to help improve sound transfer within the ground i.e. from the south stand to the adjacent stands? Is this something they at least would consider investigating further.

- How are we going to have a competitive advantage attracting local talent to join the academy now we're in competition with one of, if not the richest club's in the world? I know it's early days and their intention is not yet clear, but it could be a serious concern. What are the plans for the academy in general?

- Have the club considered improving the appearance of the external facade of the stadium? It's looking dated and is unattractive, particularly the metal work on the roof elevations. Could they appoint a design team to consider improvements?

- Would the club consider doing a future Netflix series or one off documentaries? It helps expand our global reach to potential fans. Were there any positives from the Netflix series, have we had increased interest from international fans, can this be measured in some way?

Last edited:
Can you check we are taking our full allocations?

What happened to reciprocal pricing?

If every £ is so important why did we not let Sheff Wed take more seats?

Are away fans moving back to the lower tier?

What are we doing to get the next generation of fans into the stadium? (This is probably my most important one)
I can answer the pricing question. Clubs can charge us the same as their own supporters in equivalent sitting or standing areas. So the price is dependent on what the home club charges their own fans.

Can we stress how much fans would like to travel for pre-season with the team (COVID allowing of course), and the early announcement of plans is therefore greatly appreciated. It allows for people to book hotels etc. at a cheaper rate. The club has been particularly poor in the last few years (even pre-covid) regarding this.

What’s the issue with away points not being added, sometimes do sometimes don’t.
This is a must ask. Not everyone will have realised that suddenly, for no reason, loyalty points are sometimes not added automatically. Would love to also know why this is a thing.

Booking fees as well, I’m sure I read somewhere that it was a mistake? But since then, I’ve still been getting charged. Just include it in the ticket price if they want to charge for it, otherwise, cut it out

This is a must ask. Not everyone will have realised that suddenly, for no reason, loyalty points are sometimes not added automatically. Would love to also know why this is a thing.

Booking fees as well, I’m sure I read somewhere that it was a mistake? But since then, I’ve still been getting charged. Just include it in the ticket price if they want to charge for it, otherwise, cut it out
Some really good questions on the thread which I'll be bringing up with RAWA and pushing to have asked in the meeting. I sent a message to RAWA a while ago about the loyalty point thing, hopefully the club can let us know what the issue is because loads won't be aware that there's any issues and could potentially miss out on big games as a result.

In terms of booking fees the club confirmed at a previous meeting that there are booking fees for away tickets but there shouldn't be any for home ones. They said they were aware of a couple of instances where an error led to it being charged but thought it had been fixed. At one subsequent game people mentioned on here that it had happened again so I'll make sure the club are made aware of this because, again, some might not realise its an error and end up out of pocket

Ticketing communication, ticket office will end up only open at half time and away tickets will soon be available for historic games only if they carry on as they’re going!

Can we stress how much fans would like to travel for pre-season with the team (COVID allowing of course), and the early announcement of plans is therefore greatly appreciated. It allows for people to book hotels etc. at a cheaper rate. The club has been particularly poor in the last few years (even pre-covid) regarding this.
Football clubs don’t want fans following them on summer tours. Unfortunately they’re too polite to tell them. Any club organised fan tours are simply becos if someone’s gonna make money the club may as well be that someone.
Can someone ask about the state of the pitch?
……and why when the club know tunnels to outside in the corners allowing “wind tunnels to form” they’ve not been making more?

Last edited:

Back