Summer streets 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another fabulous day. Yet again can’t express the gratitude I have to Ross and team for putting on. Me, the wife, kids yet again has amazing day.
Had to take an hour out after hip hop horay as the kids were soaking but made it back for paul smith. He was superb, amazing performance and great crack, selling his cd’s mid set was highly amusing. Great Maximo Park medley at the end.
Amazing finale with mr Wilson’s second liners. Amazing day out had by all.

My annual hats off to all involved. Let’s prey / hope / support its on next year.

We got one. Burger was very good, not the shite you get at vans at matches. Got a side of chips included in the price. You’d pay more in Weatherspoons for a burger & chips & in won’t be anywhere near as good.
I think a lot of these street food places are starting to cotton on that they’ll sell a hell of a lot more volume at that price point than at a tenner a pop.

The classics show across the road was dead, hopefully they can sort something for future years to either avoid a clash or to work closer together.

Next time mate. Our lass gans mad when I talk to people off here :lol:
I missed the boot incident but heard the lad afterwards telling the parents to bring her backstage. He sounded gutted tbf
Wasn't you on Sea Road was it? There was a lad who stopped and looked like he was going to speak then changed his mind.
Always see people I half recognise at these things. Lads I assume are from here or from the match and I always assume lasses I half recognise are barmaids.:lol:

This mob doing Marilyn Manson and Metallica are class :lol:
Aye they were good ,similar idea to last band
Breaking the law Judas priest on brass !

Mics needed turning up as you could hardly hear the vocal.
Yep ,does my nappa in ,sound men who hear everything different to the rest of the world

Thought Roxy Girls were great - definitely got something about them. Also, loved Vandebilt - for me they are much better than Lilliput were.
Enjoyed both ,found the Roxy girls needed a certain something ,too future heads for me
Really liked the two vandebilt singles but found the rest of the stuff a bit lacking ,mostly the lyrics for me. Both great bands musician wise

Last edited:
Anybody see Kay Greyson? Hip Hop / Grime not my thing but really her. Thought it give the day something different also.

Wasn't you on Sea Road was it? There was a lad who stopped and looked like he was going to speak then changed his mind.
Always see people I half recognise at these things. Lads I assume are from here or from the match and I always assume lasses I half recognise are barmaids.:lol:
Nah not me. We were sitting on the grass just behind you when the Spanish radgies were on

Had every intention of going but we stopped off at The Roker for a breather. Some others joined us and we just went to Grannie Annies.

The band were okay (“the whole hog”, I think) once the f***ing vane bastards had set up everything and taken an hour for a bastard sound check. What is it with musicians? They think they’re playing at Wembley, not a little pub in Roker.

Had every intention of going but we stopped off at The Roker for a breather. Some others joined us and we just went to Grannie Annies.

The band were okay (“the whole hog”, I think) once the f***ing vane bastards had set up everything and taken an hour for a bastard sound check. What is it with musicians? They think they’re playing at Wembley, not a little pub in Roker.
One problem with summer streets was bands hadn't had sound checks
Makes no difference how big a band you are people don't sound good by accident
I'd imagine they started at the agreed time like most pub gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back