1. The forums are temporarily closed for new registrations
    We expect to re-open for new users towards the end of July.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer streets 2019

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Brett, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes Striker

Well I for one I’m not going as it’s not in my back garden either!

CakeLady and Mackem00 like this.
  2. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Imagine having to get on a free bus to take you the 5 minutes down Thompson road to the park. Must be tortuous.

Saw someone on facebook earlier saying it had been stolen from Southwick. Stolen from them.

Goat Eyes likes this.
  3. JAZZMANB

JAZZMANB Striker

Heading over from Murton ,Danceclass on later in shields outdoors for nowt too.Not my bag but a canny band in their day

30 minute sets seem short mind you

4. I imagine the two things go hand in hand.:lol:

Ross couldn't win with this. I was involved in some discussions last year and the intention was to return to Southwick, but as I said further up the thread, it probably boiled down to having it at Roker or not having it at all.
    I can guarantee that I'll know a couple people making their mouths go, at least one who claims to have all the skills to produce such a festival. It begs the question why they haven't bothered.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  5. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

All mouth and no trousers. See it all the time. People say the could be doing this better or that better. Well, go on then!

6. Brett

Brett Striker

Buse been put on from Southwick to Roker

7. CakeLady

CakeLady Goalkeeper

No, just it was handier for us being in Thompson Park as we live right next to it

8. That should help some folk out :lol:

9. CakeLady

CakeLady Goalkeeper

Still not going as its not in me back garden :lol: But I hope the bus and the festival are a success and you all have a lovely day :D

Freddie the Greek likes this.
  10. Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes Striker

Well you’ve spoilt it now with the weather. I hope you’re pleased with your selfish little self.

11. CakeLady

CakeLady Goalkeeper

:lol: Haven't even opened curtains yet but I'll take your word for it!

12. Longy

Longy Striker

Got a feeling we’ll be there doing the bairns stuff & her & my wife will be ready to go before Roxy Girls At 4:40. Shame the weather seems poor from 3pm too. Decided to take the car as don’t want to risk having to walk a 3yr old home in the rain.

RestlessNatives likes this.
  13. Everyone I want to see is spread out through the day. Doubt I'll be there for the full thing but Roxy Girls are one of the bands I'll definitely be catching.
    I'm taking the car as well as I'm not drinking.

14. Longy

Longy Striker

Aye, I’m off the drink for this weekend, so taking the car is an excuse to stick to that. Was pissed at Kubix last week, off to see the Sex Pistols Experience at the Point next Saturday, will be pissed, so have a weekend off. & I’m skint anarl.

15. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Typical that it is to piss down most of the day.

16. Latka Gravas

Latka Gravas Striker

It’s a cheap day compared to Kubix, as you can take your own drink in with you.

Longy likes this.
  17. I've seen that too. All the people who have said things like that are totally free to organise their own full-day festival, but that would mean stopping sitting on the couch whining on the internet so it's not looking good.

Bob Fleming and RestlessNatives like this.
  18. Only 46% chance of rain at worst. It's Speedos and Sombrero for me.:cool:
    I reckon we'll escape it.
    [​IMG]

19. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Seems to be pushing out too. The rain was starting earlier when I looked yesterday. Could be fine.

Mind I'm not feeling very well today. No sleep last night. So might swerve it anyway.

20. Libertine

Libertine Midfield

Where ya parking like mate. Might come down.

Longy likes this.