Stupid bairns names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly off topic but, many years ago, when I worked at the Child Benefit Office, on the claim forms there was a space for Father's name.
This particular lady didn't fill in the name and in the box for any further information stated "I don't know, he didn't remove his helmet"

Bruce Willis called his daughter that iirc and it is used in To Kill A Mockingbird, again iirc.
Aye but it was the lass’s nickname in TKAMB not her real name (Louise?)

Mind, I think I mentioned on here before, while we’re on about TKAMB, my mate’s lass has two boys named Atticus and Arnette. I asked her if they still speak to her!

Slightly off topic but, many years ago, when I worked at the Child Benefit Office, on the claim forms there was a space for Father's name.
This particular lady didn't fill in the name and in the box for any further information stated "I don't know, he didn't remove his helmet"
Hahaha - if he HAD removed his helmet a bit earlier she might not have been in that predicament!

@duff_man - you got some ‘splainin’ to do!

Last edited:
HK colleague back in the day was called Fanny Hung
We've got a Clarence Kok Wee. :lol:

I know of a Jaxon, it has been known for his mother to confirm this by saying its Jason with an x.

I don’t know what goes through folks minds when they think of this sort of shit.
Giving you kids a lifetime of saying"no, it's not spelled like that, it's.... "

Gerrin! :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I know a young couple who called their first Aria and the second Javier, but he is always called Bob. Really suits him too.
My Mam's family gave all their girls two names and called them a different family name for everyday use. Mam is Dinah Mary but known as Molly; Sarah Jane aka Jenny; Edith Anne aka Nancy; Jessica Louise was Jessy (failed the last one, I know). Their Dad (Jack) is my avatar BTW.

That is tremendously confusing.
That said when I was at Uni, one of my many nicknames ended up being John. We genuinely confused someone who thought I was John for easily 2 years

Jesus Wept...

That is tremendously confusing.
That said when I was at Uni, one of my many nicknames ended up being John. We genuinely confused someone who thought I was John for easily 2 years

Jesus Wept...
I student shared with a lass called Fred. Took me about a year to find out her real name was Simone.

That may require further explanation
She just got sick of telling people her name was Simone (must have sounded exotic in the 90s) and started telling them it was Fred instead.
But being students, people had all sorts of wacky names you never questioned. My mate was seeing a lass called Seeb ffs.

She just got sick of telling people her name was Simone (must have sounded exotic in the 90s) and started telling them it was Fred instead.
But being students, people had all sorts of wacky names you never questioned. My mate was seeing a lass called Seeb ffs.

FEEEEB Hello?
One Boiled Egg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back