Stress and anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is she? We've been through the worst two years of our lives with our daughter (and bearing in mind I've lost both my mam and my dad before that: this has been worse) but we're starting to see a fair few green shoots of spring around the corner as she's got a bit older. Definitely some of this is down to time passing: not just hormones settling down but brain development too. Not out of the woods yet, but at least a better place than we were, and I'll take that.

Not quite the same as your daughter, but similar ball park in some ways. As well as all the work with her you'll have been doing for months (and it is exhausting), it can easily knock the hell out of relationships with partner almost without realising. Tough times, and I hope you see progress soon.

She is 14.. 15 in January. Kicked in start of year

I remove myself from stress easily which I think is fairly rare in my line of work. The burning anxiety is completely different for me
You sound like a worrier Gordon (usually a learned behaviour or the result of too much expectation) Worry is a type of thinking much like a language or maths, it has a form . It is basically underpinned by intolerance of uncertainty, negative orientation to problems per se and positive beliefs about the process of worry .
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/356136283007876432/

We had Camhs involved at the outset. We neesed them to get her discharges first time it happened.

We have been working with numerous groups but not had gp involved really so far. That is xourse of action this week. We have been trying to avoid mediaction over than slight sedative dir sleeping but it has got to the stage we might jave yo look at other thinga
Has anyone offered a diagnosis?

Just reading this . Id never experinced mental health or anxiety but going through it all with my youngest daughter at rhe moment. Its been the Rollercoaster of my life last 5 to 6 months Useless.. Totally bloody useless The only thing im thankfuk for is she eats well and doesnt self harm but its breaking my heart and causing me and the missus no end of arguments and tormebt.

We have nailed it i think to her periods and hormone overload. Its not all of it but its a huge factor.

Good as gold for 2 or 3 weeks then bang.

Had an episode today wheb she wandered off and we got a call from the police to say someone had foubd her disoriented and had took her in.

All started today and went crazy because she was saying how she wasbt getti g invited to parties then this mornibg she said she was invited to a party today. But at that poibt party was starting..

I dont know what to type to be honest.. Its as if world has gone bonkers. Sleep is a huge issue.. She asked me att midnight last night from nowhere when o was alseep what happened to princess diana.. This morning she got aggressive when we she askes who has died..

Next week period will be over and normailty will return. Dobt want to go down the line of drugging her. Next step thia week is contraception pills to tey and balance it.

Sorry.. Been.a bastard of a day and just ranting.. Its breaking me slowly at the moment
Sorry to hear that mate. Hope the situation improves.

Reading over this I can relate to some of the things mentioned, but it has made me realise that I have probably suffered in some form since my early 20's. I worked in sales in then it and was good at my job but used to always start thinking about my next day at work from about 8-9pm the day before. Would try to plan out what I had to do, who I had to chase up and couldn't switch off. This would then stop me from getting a good night's sleep. I eventually left that company and moved back north but still kept working in sales thinking that a different field of sales would be different, but no.
I than went to work on accountancy at 28 and the change in situation has helped. But I seem to stress about different things now. Kids, job security, mortgage, the missus, family.
This weekend was the perfect example missus was away so I had to taxi around my 2 girls to their dance classes and a party for one of them. Like someone has mentioned the stress seems to bring a slight anger in me were I cannot let things lie. Today I went to park up when picking the girls up and someone was parked over 2 parking spots but they were still in the car. So I thought if I asked they would if more over so I could get in behind them. He just told me no and turned his back on me.which pissed me off so after I got the girls in the car I folded in his wing mirror to inconvenience him. Yes was childish and stupid and as soon as I had done it I regretted it but like said rushing about getting stressed over stupid things makes made do stupid things which could have resulted in me getting my head kicked me. Also, my eldest told her mother about it which then caused us to have a agrument over doing something stupid when I had the girls with me....which made me feel like shit and question my parenting.

That is another thing I seem to do is question whether I am good enough at all aspects of my life.

Sorry for the long drawn out post.

Also, if you where the bloke in the parked car sorry as well, I can but a dick, sorry

Reading over this I can relate to some of the things mentioned, but it has made me realise that I have probably suffered in some form since my early 20's. I worked in sales in then it and was good at my job but used to always start thinking about my next day at work from about 8-9pm the day before. Would try to plan out what I had to do, who I had to chase up and couldn't switch off. This would then stop me from getting a good night's sleep. I eventually left that company and moved back north but still kept working in sales thinking that a different field of sales would be different, but no.
I than went to work on accountancy at 28 and the change in situation has helped. But I seem to stress about different things now. Kids, job security, mortgage, the missus, family.
This weekend was the perfect example missus was away so I had to taxi around my 2 girls to their dance classes and a party for one of them. Like someone has mentioned the stress seems to bring a slight anger in me were I cannot let things lie. Today I went to park up when picking the girls up and someone was parked over 2 parking spots but they were still in the car. So I thought if I asked they would if more over so I could get in behind them. He just told me no and turned his back on me.which pissed me off so after I got the girls in the car I folded in his wing mirror to inconvenience him. Yes was childish and stupid and as soon as I had done it I regretted it but like said rushing about getting stressed over stupid things makes made do stupid things which could have resulted in me getting my head kicked me. Also, my eldest told her mother about it which then caused us to have a agrument over doing something stupid when I had the girls with me....which made me feel like shit and question my parenting.

That is another thing I seem to do is question whether I am good enough at all aspects of my life.

Also, if you where the bloke in the parked car sorry as well, I can but a dick, sorry
Was me that mentioned about anger, on my break at work so will be quick, everything you said is like my case except i rightly or wrongly put it down to my over active mind and no sleep. Only difference is when the bloke said no i would have shouted you ignorant f***ing wanker and his reaction is just something i will deal with. Somebody mentioned earlier that they thought it was a form of anxiety i was suffering from.

If anyone is interested this is the screening tool the IAPT services use for general anxiety
GAD7 Anxiety Test Questionnaire | Patient
7 is "healthy" but don't forget as already mention anxiety is normal and adaptive so it doesn't mean it's a problem if your temporarily going over for a reason . Just if youre substantially over all the time it probably means you would benefit from looking at why.
This one is specific to worry again it's a fairly evidence based one.
Self-assessment - Penn State Worry | Jean Hailes - Anxiety: Learn, Think, Do.
They're just guides though and the thing to remember is if it's not bothering you it's not a problem.

Totally relate to that post.

It’s seems to be age related , as a younger man I seemed to take everything with a pinch of salt and get on with things. Nothing seemed to bother or phase me aslong as I got to play footy. With age kids/family come along and the responsibilities can be huge, you lose good people which makes you realise what a fine line it is between existing and not, made even more important by now having that family.
If ever something starts to bother me I just think what would I think of it in 40yrs time lying on my death bed....if the answer is sweet fa then why worry bout it now.

I'm pretty good these days I think at putting things in perspective.

I still have worries and concerns but in general can work on the presumption that there is nothing bar loss of life or serious illness that can't be overcome albeit with compromises.

The area I struggle with is being an over protective Dad and having a wife that is very laizee faire I find a challenge.

My girlfriend suffers from something called PMDD, which basically is period-related mental health weirdness. Sounds similar to what you're describing.

We're a right pair, my PTSD and her PMDD hitting "peaks" at the same time makes for some interesting moments. :lol:

Thankfully it also makes us both very understanding of each other in our worst times.

Done some research and PmDD sounds exactly what it is. All the issues started when her period started earlier this year wheb all the episodes started. Doc appointment on Wednesday and CBT as usual in Thursday

My heart rate seems to be constantly fast through anxiety these days, make me wonder about how bad it is for your health. I was thinking earlier when my anxiety was high and thinking about something that I know is nonsense that it made me think of how I'm pleased my anxiety is about this rather than something that truly bothers me as that can be harder to get out of, probably makes no sense I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back