Stress and anxiety

Completely agree, I had to go to the hospital the other night thinking I was having a heart attack but turned out it was pains caused by stress and being overweight. It was my wake up call to get it sorted.

only one way to get anywhere near sorting owt like this - remove what is causing the stress etc whether its birds, family, job etc etc

Completely agree, I had to go to the hospital the other night thinking I was having a heart attack but turned out it was pains caused by stress and being overweight. It was my wake up call to get it sorted.

Good man. And don't think about putting it off. Grasp the moment

This is a decent distraction I find
it is mate, tbh in my house around this time is pretty shit, it was my laddies birthday in november, then we have xmas without him as he died in january 2008, i just do things to take my mind off it, there is nothing i can do about it, i cant change the past, so i just crack on ,i have to , whatever is stressing you out mate, just step back for a second & think it through , it cant be as bad as you think ;)

Even though I got over the grief of my dad dying fairly quickly I'm still suffering from the physical effects of the acute stress event at the time.

Stress is bad, make no mistake about that and the older you get the more it gets you.
Had a good dose of it myself this week and I am supposed to be a professional .
Gets locked into the body when expectations are allowed to get to high , we then start to overestimate likely hood of events and underestimate our ability to withstand the consequences . Excercise, shag , laugh, defocus on music and formal relaxation / meditation , turns on the parasympathetic nervous system, turns off the adrenaline . Dont use alcohol , drop all caffeine[DOUBLEPOST=1387306553][/DOUBLEPOST]
it is mate, tbh in my house around this time is pretty shit, it was my laddies birthday in november, then we have xmas without him as he died in january 2008, i just do things to take my mind off it, there is nothing i can do about it, i cant change the past, so i just crack on ,i have to , whatever is stressing you out mate, just step back for a second & think it through , it cant be as bad as you think ;)
hard to bear that Jonna, stick in son

Can feel it creeping back in to my mind. Not sleeping at the moment which doesn't help but is probably a side affect of the stress. Life's to short for this shit :neutral:
get terrible anxiety mate, dont know about you but all collects in my chest sometimes lasting for days on end :(

I have suffered from both stress and anxiety and they are terrible things.

I have started taking things in 3 week cycles now ( a month seemed too long) and this has helped, my stress was with work but now I refuse to take work home and spend more time with my wife, kid and watching SAFC (the last one doesn't help).

I also found that I'd lost enjoying the simple things in life like going for a walk, hot coffee outside on a cold day and sunrises etc

Christmas was the one time when I felt really stressed etc but everything will be ok.

Back