Stress and anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really that interesting I don’t think.

Stress is something we’ve evolved to evoke a response to a potentially harmful situation. It’s entirely appropriate sometimes.
What i mean is some people seem to thrive on stressfull situations as in say , the theatre of war and are way above the normal person in handling it. Not disagreeing with you at all.

Just reading this . Id never experinced mental health or anxiety but going through it all with my youngest daughter at rhe moment. Its been the Rollercoaster of my life last 5 to 6 months Useless.. Totally bloody useless The only thing im thankfuk for is she eats well and doesnt self harm but its breaking my heart and causing me and the missus no end of arguments and tormebt.

We have nailed it i think to her periods and hormone overload. Its not all of it but its a huge factor.

Good as gold for 2 or 3 weeks then bang.

Had an episode today wheb she wandered off and we got a call from the police to say someone had foubd her disoriented and had took her in.

All started today and went crazy because she was saying how she wasbt getti g invited to parties then this mornibg she said she was invited to a party today. But at that poibt party was starting..

I dont know what to type to be honest.. Its as if world has gone bonkers. Sleep is a huge issue.. She asked me att midnight last night from nowhere when o was alseep what happened to princess diana.. This morning she got aggressive when we she askes who has died..

Next week period will be over and normailty will return. Dobt want to go down the line of drugging her. Next step thia week is contraception pills to tey and balance it.

Sorry.. Been.a bastard of a day and just ranting.. Its breaking me slowly at the moment

Just reading this . Id never experinced mental health or anxiety but going through it all with my youngest daughter at rhe moment. Its been the Rollercoaster of my life last 5 to 6 months Useless.. Totally bloody useless The only thing im thankfuk for is she eats well and doesnt self harm but its breaking my heart and causing me and the missus no end of arguments and tormebt.

We have nailed it i think to her periods and hormone overload. Its not all of it but its a huge factor.

Had an episode today wheb she wandered off and we got a call from the police to say someone had foubd her disoriented and had took her in.

All started today and went crazy because she was saying how she wasbt getti g invited to parties then this mornibg she said she was invited to a party today. But at that poibt party was starting..

I dont know what to type to be honest.. Its as if world has gone bonkers. Sleep is a huge issue.. She asked me att midnight last night from nowhere when o was alseep what happened to princess diana.. This morning she got aggressive when we she askes who has died..

Next week period will be over and normailty will return. Dobt want to go down the line of drugging her. Next step thia week is contraception pills to tey and balance it.

Sorry.. Been.a bastard of a day and just ranting.. Its breaking me slowly at the moment
No need for apologies mate, sometimes it helps to put into writing what your feeling.

Keep strong mate , I’m involved in the mental health sector and it’s so important people have a strong family network around them through these times

Keep strong mate , I’m involved in the mental health sector and it’s so important people have a strong family network around them through these times

We have good support from the school etc.. and through private health care ahe does an hour a week CBT at the Priory but she can be great foe weeks and then bang for 3 or 4 days

Certainly linked to periods and hormones sp if we get them balanced it will be progess.

I remove myself from stress easily which I think is fairly rare in my line of work. The burning anxiety is completely different for me

I do both fairly well these days but as I say, it’s something I have to work at.

I basically have my time in the car/gym/supermarket where I allow myself to think about and rationalise things. Before then I’m probably with a client or talking to them so keep things on a level. Everything else is then my time.

Just to add we can pre empt it a little now so can manage it but this weekend has been as bad as the first timw it happened.. That time she didnt wven know who her mum was Totally delusional

I do both fairly well these days but as I say, it’s something I have to work at.

I basically have my time in the car/gym/supermarket where I allow myself to think about and rationalise things. Before then I’m probably with a client or talking to them so keep things on a level. Everything else is then my time.
It's the rationalising I have an issue with. Wake up at 3 am thinking about tax. I can't remove myself from that

Has your gp referred your daughter to CAMHS? Child + adolescent mental health services.

Pm me if you need to.

We had Camhs involved at the outset. We neesed them to get her discharges first time it happened.

We have been working with numerous groups but not had gp involved really so far. That is xourse of action this week. We have been trying to avoid mediaction over than slight sedative dir sleeping but it has got to the stage we might jave yo look at other thinga

We have good support from the school etc.. and through private health care ahe does an hour a week CBT at the Priory but she can be great foe weeks and then bang for 3 or 4 days

Certainly linked to periods and hormones sp if we get them balanced it will be progess.

My girlfriend suffers from something called PMDD, which basically is period-related mental health weirdness. Sounds similar to what you're describing.

We're a right pair, my PTSD and her PMDD hitting "peaks" at the same time makes for some interesting moments. :lol:

Thankfully it also makes us both very understanding of each other in our worst times.

Nothing makes sense. Ive learnt more about the mind in the last six months than in my previous 49 years.

And it still doesnt make any sense

How old is she? We've been through the worst two years of our lives with our daughter (and bearing in mind I've lost both my mam and my dad before that: this has been worse) but we're starting to see a fair few green shoots of spring around the corner as she's got a bit older. Definitely some of this is down to time passing: not just hormones settling down but brain development too. Not out of the woods yet, but at least a better place than we were, and I'll take that.

Not quite the same as your daughter, but similar ball park in some ways. As well as all the work with her you'll have been doing for months (and it is exhausting), it can easily knock the hell out of relationships with partner almost without realising. Tough times, and I hope you see progress soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back