Strauss and his stupid ideas....

Jos Buttler is one of the best if not the best white ball cricketer this country has EVER produced!!

He is immensely respected as is Andrew Strauss in the entire cricket world.

Last edited:
Jos Buttler is one of the best if not the best white ball cricketer this country has EVER produced!!

He is immensely respected as is Andrew Strauss in the entire cricket world.

Agree about Buttler but I don't see why he should be talking about reducing the county championship when he doesn't even play in it. It's international and Franchise cricket that's wearing him out. Not the county championship.

As for Strauss. A great cricketer which is not in dispute. Its his HPR that has turned cricket lovers against him. Certainly in this country. I'm sure other cricket playing nations will just focus on his cricket.

Agree about Buttler but I don't see why he should be talking about reducing the county championship when he doesn't even play in it. It's international and Franchise cricket that's wearing him out. Not the county championship.

As for Strauss. A great cricketer which is not in dispute. Its his HPR that has turned cricket lovers against him. Certainly in this country. I'm sure other cricket playing nations will just focus on his cricket.
Sometimes sporting people get interviewed and asked questions it’s in the job description.

He has just given his honest answer, he is clearly a decent bloke as is Strauss imo.

As with this thread people can disagree I get that, but Buttler and Strauss are both extremely respectful top blokes imo

No he is not he is a respectful bloke who was asked a question and gave an answer, just like Strauss is a respectful bloke who was given a job and did it.

In fact you would struggle to find a lot of English cricketers respected around the world more than them two.
Respected maybe, but it’s not difficult to blow holes in his arguments.

1) if you are playing too much then drop out of a lucrative T20 contract

2) if you need time to practice and prepare for games, why not actually prepare for a Test by playing a 4 day game every now and again.

He’s just toeing the ECB line, just like Strauss’ review is doing

Respected maybe, but it’s not difficult to blow holes in his arguments.

1) if you are playing too much then drop out of a lucrative T20 contract

2) if you need time to practice and prepare for games, why not actually prepare for a Test by playing a 4 day game every now and again.

He’s just toeing the ECB line, just like Strauss’ review is doing
Yeah that’s fine mate, no issue with disagreeing with the arguments at all, it’s questioning their characters that I disagree with.

I saw the last game you played in the county championship and you couldn't have been more disinterested, you couldn't have played any worse even if you were deliberately trying to get out. Arrogant bellend. You haven't played a CC game in four years and nobody at Lancs, not one single person, misses you.
Root has always come across as a good bloke, I hope that picture isn't a terrible terrible omen.

Last edited:

Frankly it's just the franchise cricket if he's being worn out, he's only an occasional Test cricketer.

Headline in the Telegraph today over a picture of Joe Root with a golf club in his hand "Joe Root playing golf while Yorkshire are relegated is proof of a broken cricket system". I can't say they're wrong.

Fix it by scrapping the 100 and increasing the County Champo by 2 games.

Any actual opinion on what he said rather than doing your usual trolling?
Rather do that and defend people who deserved to be defended due to their statue in the game.

Rather than other posters who have clearly praised the pair in the past but suddenly change tact and call them childish names, for just for doing a job that they have been asked to do and answering a question they have been asked.

I think it’s fair to say both their opinion is respected more by me, rather than clear biased posters thinking of their own team/county and agenda.

In answer to your question no real strong opinion on what was side, but massive strong opinion that those two guys deserve respect

Last edited:

Back