Strauss and his stupid ideas....

Entire cricket world? I don't respect him and I know many who don't either.
Sorry my have worded incorrectly slightly.

What I have observed is that two years ago not a word was said against him on this board, Strauss that is.

Now after simply doing a job he was asked to do all that respect has gone from the very same people.

Same has happened with Morgan to, despite all 3 having a major impact in bringing England a World Cup!!

Last edited:

Entire cricket world? I don't respect him and I know many who don't either.
Who plays 79 days cricket?

1st class 14x4=56
16x4=65
Add in 8 RLC or so.

That's all the cricket where there are full days of play. T20 is a few hours peer game.

Many players don't play all formats. Some red ball player's games are not suited to T20 and vice versa.
And what's more Counties have squads where they can rest players who need it, few players play all games in a competition.

In my book too many people in cricket are willing to compromise with those promoting bad ideas, the result is a slow decline in 1st class. from 16 games to 14 to a mooted 12 and then they'll come back again for another reduction.

Sorry my have worded incorrectly slightly.

What I have observed is that two years ago not a word was said against him on this board, Strauss that is.

Now after simply doing a job he was asked to do all that respect has gone from the very same people.

Same has happened with Morgan to, despite all 3 having a major impact in bringing England a World Cup!!
He produced a 'high performance review' that didn't engage with any coach, player or even commentator/journalist at any level of the game.

It was nothing more than a propaganda piece to push through the ECB's destruction of the sport.

It's laughable that any cricket fan would defend a piece of shite like that, and Strauss is rightly getting criticism for it. If that offends you, tough shit.

A World Cup that, instead of trying to build interest in the game from it, they shut down the domestic format. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
He produced a 'high performance review' that didn't engage with any coach, player or even commentator/journalist at any level of the game.

It was nothing more than a propaganda piece to push through the ECB's destruction of the sport.

It's laughable that any cricket fan would defend a piece of shite like that, and Strauss is rightly getting criticism for it. If that offends you, tough shit.

A World Cup that, instead of trying to build interest in the game from it, they shut down the domestic format. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Doesn’t offend me in the slightest, however I do think Strauss deserves a hell of a lot more respect than he is getting.

It’s not laughable in the slightest as it is been drawn up by one of the most respected figures in the game, and has now been commented on by a England captain, stating some of the benefits it could bring to the England team, that is not saying I agree with at all, but to say it’s laughable is over the top nonsense, it was the same when Morgan praised the hundred.

Massive respected figures in the games reduced the silly name calling on here simply because they don’t agree.

I don’t share your constant knocking of the ECB at every single opportunity, which is clearly exampled in your last comment.

It is clear as day 50 over cricket has been marginalized worldwide in favour of T20 competitions in every top cricketing nation and less is played, but no as ever it’s just the ECB’s fault and only in England.

Destruction of the sport is another complete over the top nonsense statement, it is clearly in the ECB’s interest for the complete opposite and want to grow support for the game which is competing against all other modern day interests.

However minds are closed, minds are made up, and compromises and modernized suggestions are constantly met with just own thoughts for own teams and own interests.

Last edited:
Resect for what? He past work for cricket prior to this review? He's got it. But with this review it's him who is blotting his copy book.
Yeah, as I have said, it’s not the fact people disagree, it’s inevitable and understandable county members are concerned.

It’s the fact the name calling, head boy, ECB puppet, and other childish names I could find if I bothered to go through this thread.

It is possible your know to disagree with Strauss and the review without degrading the actual person therfore respecting his career and his work but disagreeing with the result of the review?

It’s not laughable in the slightest as it is been drawn up by one of the most respected figures in the game, and has now been commented on by a England captain, stating some of the benefits it could bring to the England team.

It has also been criticised by an England captain. None other than Mike Brearley speaking in The Cricketer magazine saying the review is basically to reduce the counties by stealth.

Brearley has always been a sensible man who doesn't speak just for effect. He is someone who I always listen to.

It has also been criticised by an England captain. None other than Mike Brearley speaking in The Cricketer magazine saying the review is basically to reduce the counties by stealth.

Brearley has always been a sensible man who doesn't speak just for effect. He is someone who I always listen to.
Me too, and yeah that’s absolutely fair enough, and I bet without reading the article Brearley has crictised the review without the need to call Strauss names??

Doesn’t offend me in the slightest, however I do think Strauss deserves a hell of a lot more respect than he is getting.

It’s not laughable in the slightest as it is been drawn up by one of the most respected figures in the game, and has now been commented on by a England captain, stating some of the benefits it could bring to the England team, that is not saying I agree with at all, but to say it’s laughable is over the top nonsense, it was the same when Morgan praised the hundred.

Massive respected figures in the games reduced the silly name calling on here simply because they don’t agree.

I don’t share your constant knocking of the ECB at every single opportunity, which is clearly exampled in your last comment.

It is clear as day 50 over cricket has been marginalized worldwide in favour of T20 competitions in every top cricketing nation and less is played, but no as ever it’s just the ECB’s fault and only in England.

Destruction of the sport is another complete over the top nonsense statement, it is clearly in the ECB’s interest for the complete opposite and want to grow support for the game which is competing against all other modern day interests.

However minds are closed, minds are made up, and compromises and modernized suggestions are constantly met with just own thoughts for own teams and own interests.
Yet you seem so put out that people are judging Strauss on his actions. Very little, if any (and none from me) name calling, but that seems to be the only part of this that uou can comment on.

The report is ridiculous, it ignores everyone involved in professional cricket and the main reason the domestic calander is in such a state. Its bollocks.

I'll knock the ECB when they deserve knocking thanks your unyielding defence of them is quite sweet. And look and the next international cycle, we're playing about the same amount of 50 and 20 over games. So no, it's not being marginalised on the international stage and downgrading the ODC directly after the World Cup final was pure vandalism. If you think criticism the ECB for that is unfair then I give up.

No it's not clear, not clear at all. For all the reasons explained to you patiently over and over again, but that you choose to ignore. It's funny, but people have put forward suggestions to modernise the game and you've ignored them. It's almost as if you've made up your mind to back the ECB and Strauss and that's that.

But I know you have no interest in domestic cricket, so we'll leave it there.

Yet you seem so put out that people are judging Strauss on his actions. Very little, if any (and none from me) name calling, but that seems to be the only part of this that uou can comment on.

The report is ridiculous, it ignores everyone involved in professional cricket and the main reason the domestic calander is in such a state. Its bollocks.

I'll knock the ECB when they deserve knocking thanks your unyielding defence of them is quite sweet. And look and the next international cycle, we're playing about the same amount of 50 and 20 over games. So no, it's not being marginalised on the international stage and downgrading the ODC directly after the World Cup final was pure vandalism. If you think criticism the ECB for that is unfair then I give up.

No it's not clear, not clear at all. For all the reasons explained to you patiently over and over again, but that you choose to ignore. It's funny, but people have put forward suggestions to modernise the game and you've ignored them. It's almost as if you've made up your mind to back the ECB and Strauss and that's that.

But I know you have no interest in domestic cricket, so we'll leave it there.
Fair enough mate you have not been name calling so them particular comments were not named at you but others.

We fundamentally disagree so you probably right to leave it.

As for 50 over cricket I meant other countries domestic schedules are more centralised around T20 cricket than 50 over cricket it’s clearly not just England, South Africa been the latest country to start a competition

I believe cricket needs modernized to complete with other modern interests and I also firmly believe the best interests of the England should come before anything else.
Strauss clearly had a difficult task with the remit he had, it was a thankless task, I am
not put out by it but certainly massively respect the likes of Strauss, Morgan and Buttler.

Like I said before it was obvious to me even before the report came out the reaction it would get on here by some, it was entirely predictable.

Last edited:
Fair enough mate you have not been name calling so them particular comments were not named at you but others.

We fundamentally disagree so you probably right to leave it.

As for 50 over cricket I meant other countries domestic schedules are more centralised around T20 cricket than 50 over cricket it’s clearly not just England, South Africa been the latest country to start a competition

I believe cricket needs modernized to complete with other modern interests and I also firmly believe the best interests of the England should come before anything else.
Strauss clearly had a difficult task with the remit he had, it was a thankless task, I am
not put out by it but certainly massively respect the likes of Strauss, Morgan and Buttler.

Like I said before it was obvious to me even before the report came out the reaction it would get on here by some, it was entirely predictable.
Of course the reaction was predictable, because we knew what it was going to say.

Of course the reaction was predictable, because we knew what it was going to say.
And of course there was no possibility of seeing where he was coming from or understanding what he could do with a already difficult schedule or his intention to improve things.

Because in your mind it’s just one big conspiracy!!

Last edited:
Yeah, as I have said, it’s not the fact people disagree, it’s inevitable and understandable county members are concerned.

It’s the fact the name calling, head boy, ECB puppet, and other childish names I could find if I bothered to go through this thread.

It is possible your know to disagree with Strauss and the review without degrading the actual person therfore respecting his career and his work but disagreeing with the result of the review?
Totally agree

i don’t agree with some of Strauss points or what butler said but they are individuals who should be respected

not sure of the answers we need to protect red ball but accept that white ball raises money. i don’t have answers I said before for me, 1 fanchise t20 but shared across all grounds, those not big enough compensated, 2 50 over comps maybe one like fa cup which involves minor counties. No reason why red ball can’t be played alongside 50 over stuff with 3 weeks kept free for franchise. Central contact batters need to play more red ball as well as spinners can see sense in resting quicks though.

my dad was a miner I went to a shit school, still had an outside toilet in 1992 so if this opinion is wrong don’t call me a public school snob

Totally agree

i don’t agree with some of Strauss points or what butler said but they are individuals who should be respected

not sure of the answers we need to protect red ball but accept that white ball raises money. i don’t have answers I said before for me, 1 fanchise t20 but shared across all grounds, those not big enough compensated, 2 50 over comps maybe one like fa cup which involves minor counties. No reason why red ball can’t be played alongside 50 over stuff with 3 weeks kept free for franchise. Central contact batters need to play more red ball as well as spinners can see sense in resting quicks though.

my dad was a miner I went to a shit school, still had an outside toilet in 1992 so if this opinion is wrong don’t call me a public school snob
Yeah there definitely only needs to be one short format tournament, but in the school holidays to attract the kids, in a dedicated window, with all top players available and yes agree across all grounds to attract as much new audience as possible.

And of course there was no possibility of seeing where he was coming from or understanding what he could do with a already difficult schedule or his intention to improve things.

Because in your mind it’s just one big conspiracy!!
We knew exactly where he was coming from, we all knew he wouldn't recommend scrapping the 16.4. We all know that the 16.4 is the problem, and we all knew it wouldn't be part of this report. That's why we all can see this report for the farce it is.

This has been explained to you so many times you have to be trolling.

A conspiracy? I think they've been pretty clear about what they want, franchised based cricket which is under ECB control. Not sure where the confusion lies.

We knew exactly where he was coming from, we all knew he wouldn't recommend scrapping the 16.4. We all know that the 16.4 is the problem, and we all knew it wouldn't be part of this report. That's why we all can see this report for the farce it is.

This has been explained to you so many times you have to be trolling.

A conspiracy? I think they've been pretty clear about what they want, franchised based cricket which is under ECB control. Not sure where the confusion lies.
So all knew he wasn’t going to do that and that it wasn’t on the table to do that, however that didn’t stop the criticism or the name calling from some (not you)

No open mind whatsoever or compromise in the slightest to work round the fact it there at the moment for at last a few years.

So all knew he wasn’t going to do that and that it wasn’t on the table to do that, however that didn’t stop the criticism or the name calling from some (not you)

No open mind whatsoever or compromise in the slightest to work round the fact it there at the moment for at last a few years.
Obviously, yes. If someone produces a piece of rubbish that ignores everyone involved in professional cricket and refuses to acknowledge the biggest issues in the game, then they are going to get slaughtered.

I'm not sure why that is difficult to comprehend.

You talk about open minds, yet you won't budge from a short format tournament in the school holidays. You're the worst of anyone.

Obviously, yes. If someone produces a piece of rubbish that ignores everyone involved in professional cricket and refuses to acknowledge the biggest issues in the game, then they are going to get slaughtered.

I'm not sure why that is difficult to comprehend.

You talk about open minds, yet you won't budge from a short format tournament in the school holidays. You're the worst of anyone.
But you clearly intelligent enough to know that wasn’t in his remit.

As you say you knew that, you knew it wasn’t going to happen cancelling the hundred, you knew Strauss could not do that, as his employees would have told him that from the very beginning.

So surely in that respect from your point of view it is clearly the ECB to blame not Strauss.

Any employee can only work in his remit.

He was clearly trying to make a compromise from a very difficult situation with what he had to work with, you know that you have too.

Yet not even the slightest admittance of that from certain posters.

As for the other point, without new participation and new blood there is no game that is why it os soo important to get kids involved early as soo many other distractions
these days.

And imo the best way to do that is short colorful entertaining short form cricket in the best time for kids to watch.

Last edited:

Back