Stone Valley 2022

Great weekend with some cracking bands. Pyramids Symarip and The Dualers were great on the first day. didn`t think I`d be too fussed about Sleeper but really enjoyed their set and Death of Guitar Pop again were great fun. The Stranglers were absolute class. Big Country hammered it early on Sunday - always good value, Toyah was great - so much energy and such an unusual, unique voice - loved her version of Slave To The Rhythm. Thought Bad Manners were fun and Neville Staple would struggle to follow that. How wrong I was Staple was outstanding as was Geno Washington. 78 years old and looking frail but still has that glorious huge, Soul voce and old school charm. Boomtown rats really impressed me. Great to hear the big hits but "Monster Monkey" from their latest album absolutely floored me with its huge, Funk groove. Loved it. Knackered today. Must have walked a good 10 miles each day between the tents.

Great weekend with some cracking bands. Pyramids Symarip and The Dualers were great on the first day. didn`t think I`d be too fussed about Sleeper but really enjoyed their set and Death of Guitar Pop again were great fun. The Stranglers were absolute class. Big Country hammered it early on Sunday - always good value, Toyah was great - so much energy and such an unusual, unique voice - loved her version of Slave To The Rhythm. Thought Bad Manners were fun and Neville Staple would struggle to follow that. How wrong I was Staple was outstanding as was Geno Washington. 78 years old and looking frail but still has that glorious huge, Soul voce and old school charm. Boomtown rats really impressed me. Great to hear the big hits but "Monster Monkey" from their latest album absolutely floored me with its huge, Funk groove. Loved it. Knackered today. Must have walked a good 10 miles each day between the tents.
Agree with alot of that, we enjoyed the Small stage Basket Case ,Oasis tribute, went to see The Scandles instead of The Stranglers, better atmosphere in the Small tent and no Chairs about šŸ˜ƒ

Ah nice one mate. We were all wrecked after pissing it up the night before watching The Stranglers. But it turned out canny in the end.
Thought the Stranglers were immense like. After Dave died I was thinking maybe it was time to call it a day, but after seeing them on Saturday I hope they keep on doing it. Absolute masters at what they do.

Enjoyed your set, and unlike Herbal I didn't fuck off in the middle to see Toyah :) he did come back mind.

I've seen you a few times and you've just got better and better over the years. Some of the songs you do are performed by bands with six or seven members and you carry them off, bit rawer like but maybe the better for it, place was bouncing at Enjoy Yourself at the end.

Did you sell many CDs :lol:
Agree with most of that, I'd also mention The Rezillos, Small Fakers, From The Jam - nice to see Foxton still jumping around although not quite as high as he used to. And interesting to see Hugh's take on the old Stranglers classics.

Thought Bad Manners won the weekend for getting the crowd going, I've seen them loads of times over the years and although theyve turned into a bit of a cabaret act, they don't half get people involved, went for a piss halfway through and even the people in the chairs right at the bottom were on their feet dancing

Moment of the weekend was Death of Guitar Pop getting that kid up to dance.

Only downside was although Craig Charles was good fun it would have been better to have a proper headliner

But all in all a great weekend, roll on next year!

Last edited:
Thought the Stranglers were immense like. After Dave died I was thinking maybe it was time to call it a day, but after seeing them on Saturday I hope they keep on doing it. Absolute masters at what they do.

Enjoyed your set, and unlike Herbal I didn't fuck off in the middle to see Toyah :) he did come back mind.

I've seen you a few times and you've just got better and better over the years. Some of the songs you do are performed by bands with six or seven members and you carry them off, bit rawer like but maybe the better for it, place was bouncing at Enjoy Yourself at the end.

Agree with most of that, I'd also mention The Rezillos, Small Fakers, From The Jam - nice to see Foxton still jumping around although not quite as high as he used to. And interesting to see Hugh's take on the old Stranglers classics.

Thought Bad Manners won the weekend for getting the crowd going, I've seen them loads of times over the years and although theyve turned into a bit of a cabaret act, they don't half get people involved, went for a piss halfway through and even the people in the chairs right at the bottom were on their feet dancing

Only downside was although Craig Charles was good fun it would have been better to have a proper headliner

Haha, cheers mate. We sold 18 CDs, which although not approaching Elton John standards, is canny for us. :D

I didn't see as many bands as I'd have liked but thought FTJ, Hugh, The Stranglers and The Small Fakers were all class.

Agree about Craig Charles. Not really fussed watching someone behind a big box playing records no matter how good they are. Watched for one tune then cleared off. Got a nice pic of Foxton jumping. I`ll try and post it sometime. Rezillos were good fun and enjoyed Eddie and the Hots Rods despite no original members.
Haha, cheers mate. We sold 18 CDs, which although not approaching Elton John standards, is canny for us. :D

I didn't see as many bands as I'd have liked but thought FTJ, Hugh, The Stranglers and The Small Fakers were all class.
Who`s your band?? Panic Report??

Agree about Craig Charles. Not really fussed watching someone behind a big box playing records no matter how good they are. Watched for one tune then cleared off. Got a nice pic of Foxton jumping. I`ll try and post it sometime. Rezillos were good fun and enjoyed Eddie and the Hots Rods despite no original members.

Who`s your band?? Panic Report??
Yes mate

I think I was talking to one of the blokes in your crew. He has a shortish dark, Mowhawk. Think he had a black SLF top on. Unfortunately missed your set but I see you`re on with Neville Staple later this year so I`ll make sure I get down early and catch you set. I can send you some photos from the pit too if I get OK`d to do it.

I think I was talking to one of the blokes in your crew. He has a shortish dark, Mowhawk. Think he had a black SLF top on. Unfortunately missed your set but I see you`re on with Neville Staple later this year so I`ll make sure I get down early and catch you set. I can send you some photos from the pit too if I get OK`d to do it.

Yeah that was Mad Mick, our roadie.:D That would be excellent mate, appreciated. :cool:

Back