starting a burger van...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pick your site carefully

It's all about this, get a good pitch and you make a fortune.
Bad pitch and you'll go bust, that simple.

Obviously getting a good pitch isn't easy as most taken up, so you need to find an unexploited location which doesn't step on the toes of someone else.
My mate paid for a premium location for 12 months and made a bucket, used the extra to pay for a family caribean holiday and a boob job for his missus (no).
But did walk away for a normal catering job afterwards as he didn't fancy that workload forever.

It's all about this, get a good pitch and you make a fortune.
Bad pitch and you'll go bust, that simple.

Obviously getting a good pitch isn't easy as most taken up, so you need to find an unexploited location which doesn't step on the toes of someone else.
My mate paid for a premium location for 12 months and made a bucket, used the extra to pay for a family caribean holiday and a boob job for his missus (no).
But did walk away for a normal catering job afterwards as he didn't fancy that workload forever.

We used The Showmans Guild to find traders for sites we wanted filled, Country Parks, Country Shows etc. We only used those who complied with hygiene rules etc, threw two off site in Alnwick Castle Meadows who had paid a few £k that took the piss. Daft things like insufficient refrigeration, unsecured generators that also didn't have an earth rod.
There was a lad from Blyth that had a pork spit roast vehicle and another with a metre wide wok. Always the biggest hit whenever we used him.

Subway can carry the stock needed for all the varieties due to an extensive purchasing network and throughput of customers. A one man band trying to create a fraction of the experience, from a van, would be sucked under by having too much cash in stock, some of which will be go out of date. You see it all the time with businesses.

the USP would be, and I know it’s not entirely unique but, it’s kind of a Subway rip-off but instead of the mush they serve as ‘steak’ or ‘chicken’ you’d serve real beef/steak and actual chicken fillet/breast but you’d get to choose your preferred bread/selection of salad. So it’s like Subway but without the cheap, basic, processed produce.

Decent Grub-Way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back