starting a burger van...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think you need a niche offering but not too niche. The location of your pitch will be the key issue and everyone will be thinking the same thing. Seems a massive fart on given all the good locations will already be sewn up

I’m sure your prices would have to reflect that. And I guess most people won’t pay that for eating from a van?
it wouldn’t be cheap.. it’d be premium stuff where you’d be paying £4(?) a burger.. people will happily hand over £6 for a shite meal from McDonalds. You just have to offer the same/better and as easily accessible.

just trying to start a bit of dialogue about this.. looking for advice, guidance or warnings. What are the unforeseen overheads behind a venture like this and what do people pay to have a regular pitch near the SoL?
I’d say burger vans are old hat. Much better options when it comes to street food.

the USP would be, and I know it’s not entirely unique but, it’s kind of a Subway rip-off but instead of the mush they serve as ‘steak’ or ‘chicken’ you’d serve real beef/steak and actual chicken fillet/breast but you’d get to choose your preferred bread/selection of salad. So it’s like Subway but without the cheap, basic, processed produce.

That isnt unique unfortunately but it is in the minority.

The one that parks at Doxy Park just up from David Lloyd's is tremendous.

Fresh sarnies i.e chicken breast filling and burgers are freshly pressed everytime none of this frozen pre shaped burgers.

And its cheap, £3 for a double burger I think and sarnies are around that

That isnt unique unfortunately but it is in the minority.

The one that parks at Doxy Park just up from David Lloyd's is tremendous.

Fresh sarnies i.e chicken breast filling and burgers are freshly pressed everytime none of this frozen pre shaped burgers.

And its cheap, £3 for a double burger I think and sarnies are around that
Wtf? How's come I don't know about this ffs???

My mate rents his car pitch out to a van for match day’s. I think he pays £100 a game and more for concerts.

A council pitch will easily be double that for a season. Add in wages, running expenses (gas/fuel for generator etc.), equipment and stock.

You need to supplement that with the money spinners which are your festivals but you’ll need a fortune to even just get a look in.

I also know a lass who had a horse box gun bar and she’d do private events and shows. Some shows would pay you for all produce and wages for the day and they kept all profit. Another way of generating a name and I come.

just trying to start a bit of dialogue about this.. looking for advice, guidance or warnings. What are the unforeseen overheads behind a venture like this and what do people pay to have a regular pitch near the SoL?
Looked into this a good while back, you need to try get one with a pitch already included. Trying to muscle in on someone’s pitch can end up with your knee caps bust!

If you’re mobile, Big festivals are where money can be made, but the outlay for those spots was stupidity! £20k for three days for the big festivals from memory. Even the likes of Sunderland illuminations were asking daft money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back