starting a burger van...

ighty seven

Striker
just trying to start a bit of dialogue about this.. looking for advice, guidance or warnings. What are the unforeseen overheads behind a venture like this and what do people pay to have a regular pitch near the SoL?

Go for it marra, me and KeithS30S will give you plenty of business. Do you do fish n chips?

What will your unique selling point be; why would we choose your burgers over the others?

When I was a kid, Electric Bill, as he was known as, had a "Burger Van" parked up on the Estate where I grew up, his big seller was mince pie, steepy peas and gravy. Unreal and piping hot every time! Used to do a canny business, however it was 1982.

Hope this helps.

What will your unique selling point be; why would we choose your burgers over the others?

When I was a kid, Electric Bill, as he was known as, had a "Burger Van" parked up on the Estate where I grew up, his big seller was mince pie, steepy peas and gravy. Unreal and piping hot every time! Used to do a canny business, however it was 1982.

Hope this helps.
the USP would be, and I know it’s not entirely unique but, it’s kind of a Subway rip-off but instead of the mush they serve as ‘steak’ or ‘chicken’ you’d serve real beef/steak and actual chicken fillet/breast but you’d get to choose your preferred bread/selection of salad. So it’s like Subway but without the cheap, basic, processed produce.

the USP would be, and I know it’s not entirely unique but, it’s kind of a Subway rip-off but instead of the mush they serve as ‘steak’ or ‘chicken’ you’d serve real beef/steak and actual chicken fillet/breast but you’d get to choose your preferred bread/selection of salad. So it’s like Subway but without the cheap, basic, processed produce.
I’m sure your prices would have to reflect that. And I guess most people won’t pay that for eating from a van?

just trying to start a bit of dialogue about this.. looking for advice, guidance or warnings. What are the unforeseen overheads behind a venture like this and what do people pay to have a regular pitch near the SoL?

My only contribution to this thread is I once bought a burger van for £120 from somewhere down the east end and flogged it on eBay the following week for nearly seven hundred notes.

Back