starting a burger van...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Make sure you heat the damn grill before you put food on it and put plenty of bacon in.

the USP would be, and I know it’s not entirely unique but, it’s kind of a Subway rip-off but instead of the mush they serve as ‘steak’ or ‘chicken’ you’d serve real beef/steak and actual chicken fillet/breast but you’d get to choose your preferred bread/selection of salad. So it’s like Subway but without the cheap, basic, processed produce.
People wouldn't want to wait in a queue for such a thing on match-day Marra, Burger in a bun takes about 15 seconds from order to handing it over, the fuckers wouldn't have even chosen their type of bread in that time if they have more than one to choose from.

I reckon if you had a stall selling nowt but Saveloy Dips on the south side of Wearmouth Bridge, catching all of the people walking past before and after the match you would do a roaring trade. Not sure it it is an exclusion zone though which would prohibit street traders from setting up, failing that by St Peters Metro somewhere

This. I honestly can't think of a worse business venture to go into at the minute 😂
He is just thinking about it now for in the future, its a good call. We should all be looking to start a new business after everything goes to shit.

Pick your site carefully the good spots will have been hoovered up already, arson will be a problem.
Spend time on Food Handling and H and S regulations, learn it and get together the paperwork needed. Things like cleaning records, temperature records etc.
Hope it pans out for you.
it’s not me at this point but a lad I know is getting into it and I’d like to use him as my guinea pig. I’m looking for people with experience who know how much it costs to get camped up in a retail park Monday-Saturday or outside the stadium on a matchday. I can get a loose idea of what stock costs by going to a cash & carry and crunching the numbers myself but how much does renting a plot of land owa’ the stadium or at a place with heavy foot-fall during the week cost? I understand it’s negotiable but has anyone had any experience/second hand stories about this?

I don't mean the burger van. I was more wondering why you think we should all be looking to start up a business.
Because a lot of businesses will go after the lockdown, we will need new businesses to take care of our needs.

the USP would be, and I know it’s not entirely unique but, it’s kind of a Subway rip-off but instead of the mush they serve as ‘steak’ or ‘chicken’ you’d serve real beef/steak and actual chicken fillet/breast but you’d get to choose your preferred bread/selection of salad. So it’s like Subway but without the cheap, basic, processed produce.

I still suffer from PTSD from eating Westlers muck at Roker Park.

Because a lot of businesses will go after the lockdown, we will need new businesses to take care of our needs.
But that doesn't mean we all need to suddenly become entrepreneurs. Millions of people are happy in their work and have no intention of becoming a self employed business owner.

I’m sure your prices would have to reflect that. And I guess most people won’t pay that for eating from a van?
I’ve wondered why the burger vans at the Sol don’t differentiate more - they’re all basically the same. (Cheap shite). If there was a ‘posh’ option I’m sure it would attract a few who’d happily pay £6-9 for a decent burger.

It may sound counter-intuative at the moment and bit like vulture-like, but I'm sure a lot of good b+b's/small hotels will probably go to the wall in the next few months.

If you have the money, I reckon these would be a sound investment, if you could afford to write-off this year. Foreign travel is going to be an absolute pain, if possible at all, in the next few years, so people will be holidaying in Britain. Looking at buying some sort of camper van myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back