Spanish ex-pats

"Bars full of folk who can barely even order a drink in Spanish" - any different to those living in the UK who can't speak English.

"Sitting at the bar complaining about Pakis and Poles in England ruining their country." Any different to those sitting at the bar in Spain complaining about those brexiteer/Tory lovers ruining their country

Also ex pats on here are very vocal that the UK should be even more multi cultural even tho it is one of the most multicultural places in the world- yet by Herd's own admission Spain is not that multicultural. Do these expats voice their disapproval over there ?

I think it's fair to say that there is a sense of snobbery amongst quite a few ex pats on here.Not sure why but thats how it comes across.

Nobody cares man 😴

You have a huge inferiority complex over people on this forum who've moved abroad. Let's face it, they're bilingual or multilingual and have a far better life than you do stuck in your shitty pit cottage in Spennymoor. No wonder you're so bitter 😂

Seems like a lot of singleton's can forget it.
Done some research courtesy of Spanish Citizens Advice Buroo . Minium income for 2021 = 5639 euros for singletons .
= 9586 euros.
Private health for 2 prople is about £ 75 for an expensive one . inc blowies etc ..
So nowt to worry about come on over .
You're punching like ;)
Thanks mate anar . Cheeky buggers like you are saying that arl our married life .

Last edited:
It's arl reert for you teenagers :) . The way it works is the Brit pension is deemed enough to live on in Britain so, in Spain where you'll spend half on food and drink and heating you'll be quids in . Oh I forgot, fags are practically free so if you don't smoke you might consider starting .
Heating half? I find Lecky a lot more tbh. Cooling takes more than heating like obviously.

Done some research courtesy of Spanish Citizens Advice Buroo . Minium income for 2021 = 5639 euros for singletons .
= 9586 euros.
Private health for 2 prople is about £ 75 for an expensive one . inc blowies etc ..
So nowt to worry about come on over .

Thanks mate anar . Cheeky buggers like you are saying that arl our married life .
Its the 27k requirement by this mind

Residency Visas In Spain For UK Nationals Post-Brexit - Sanitas Health Plan Spain

Heating in the winter was one of our biggest expenses. Spanish houses are not known for their insulation. Aircon in summer also cost a fortune, but fortunately our apartment had windows on three sides and channelled any breeze nicely, so we didn't use it much.
Our place is very modern (look at me) so it's easily warmed by one of those portable gas fires . Costs about £8 a week . We have doors or windows on three sides so we manage ok with that for cooling . We've never been there in July or August though We will be getting air con/heating put in if they ever let us back in . Family members have been in the school hols and they, like you managed ok .
Nah theres 2 visas identified - the 27k is for the non lucrative one - basically required to retire or move there and do nowt
I prefer the CAB version . It works fine for our friends over there .

Last edited:
Our place is very modern (look at me) so it's easily warmed by one of those portable gas fires . Costs about £8 a week . We have doors or windows on three sides so we manage ok with that for cooling . We've never been there in July or August though We will be getting air con/heating put in if they ever let us back in . Family members have been in the school hols and they, like you managed ok .

I prefer the CAB version . It works fine for our friends over there .
I'm guessing theyve been there a while though

Heating in the winter was one of our biggest expenses. Spanish houses are not known for their insulation. Aircon in summer also cost a fortune, but fortunately our apartment had windows on three sides and channelled any breeze nicely, so we didn't use it much.
Must admit I don't use it loads. Maybe an hour before bed to cool the room, then have the ceiling fan ticking over.
They have but the figures I quoted are from the Spanish Government and are for post Brexit 2021 . Think about it man the minimum wage is only about E125 for 38 hours . Most of the poor buggers only work a 20 hour week . There's a big black economy of course .
There's a crazy amount on non permanent contracts, or 4 hour ones.

Last edited:
4 hour ones.
That is crazy . It's sad to see good, decent people scratting about trying to make a living . It's embarrassing how little they ask for if they do a bit of work for you . I thought the lass who cleans our place was a bit dear asking for 50 euro . I'd mis-understood her, she meant 15 . I gave her 15.50 like . :) Nah we settled on 20 . She gets more done in 2 hours than I would in two days .
Nobody cares man 😴

You have a huge inferiority complex over people on this forum who've moved abroad. Let's face it, they're bilingual or multilingual and have a far better life than you do stuck in your shitty pit cottage in Spennymoor. No wonder you're so bitter 😂
Well said mate there's nee shortage of sour grape munchers on here . Some of them twist if somebody gets a new bike .

Last edited:
They have but the figures I quoted are from the Spanish Government and are for post Brexit 2021 . Think about it man the minimum wage is only about E125 for 38 hours . Most of the poor buggers only work a 20 hour week . There's a big black economy of course .
Aye but that visa is to retire there and not work or do anything. Theres a seperate one if you are going to work, plus seperate ones again for the type of work you are going to do :D thats absolutely barmy :D

That is crazy . It's sad to see good, decent people scratting about trying to make a living . It's embarrassing how little they ask for if they do a bit of work for you . I thought the lass who cleans our place was a bit dear asking for 50 euro . I'd mis-understood her, she meant 15 . I gave her 15.50 like . :) Nah we settled on 20 . She gets more done in 2 hours than I would in two days .

Well said mate there's nee shortage of sour grape munchers on here . Some of them twist if somebody gets a new bike .
Oh it's shocking like. Modern day slavery really.
That's what I pay mine 😂
Aye but that visa is to retire there and not work or do anything. Theres a seperate one if you are going to work, plus seperate ones again for the type of work you are going to do :D thats absolutely barmy :D
Keeps people in a job 😉
Some of them twist if somebody gets a new bike .
Might get myself a new watch. What ya reckon, Audemars Piguet or a one from Jackie Whites? 🤔

Last edited:

Back