Spanish ex-pats

The village in which I live is 20% Brits (c. 800 out of c.4,000), which is just about right for me.
Mind you, not all of them will be here at the same time as they live mostly in the UK.
I don't know one single leave voter or fan of Brexit.
Largely because most of them have an education.

Elsewhere in the area, Brexit voters are more commonplace.
Unsurprisingly, I don't think many of them attended school that much.

I haven't met one Brexit voter over that lives over here.
I have however heard lots of moaning about travel insurance and data roaming charges. Neither of which effects me.
what does though is my driving license, I submitted my changeover application in January and missed the deadline, now I have to sit a test. Grrr.

It's not worth it and I don't care if I'm ignored or not. But at least I'll be going to Spain next year, probably Mijas area and I won't be worried about what covid paperwork I need just yet. ;)

Hasta luago, amigo,

Same here. My lass seems a lot more precious about testing and everything. If she has to test before departure she told me she won’t be going. It will be a staycation instead. She just cannot be bothered by all the rigmarole. Though I did mention other countries in Europe as an alternative. Me on the other hand I don’t give a shit. The enormity of the situation is lost on me. I don’t care how many hoops I must jump through.

But she seems fairly confident of going.

Looks like the traffic light system is getting scrapped so everyone should be able to get over soon enough.

That's if Spain let's the Brits in, daily UK cases way above Spain's rates.

Maybe the Spanish will introduce some traffic light system to keep certain countries out If it they can't control their own levels.

The village in which I live is 20% Brits (c. 800 out of c.4,000), which is just about right for me.
Mind you, not all of them will be here at the same time as they live mostly in the UK.
I don't know one single leave voter or fan of Brexit.
Largely because most of them have an education.

Elsewhere in the area, Brexit voters are more commonplace.
Unsurprisingly, I don't think many of them attended school that much.
Where are you based, roughly?

Looks like the traffic light system is getting scrapped so everyone should be able to get over soon enough.

That's if Spain let's the Brits in, daily UK cases way above Spain's rates.

Maybe the Spanish will introduce some traffic light system to keep certain countries out If it they can't control their own levels.gen
They're allowed to do this to any country as Schengen permits it for covid. On a side note I never understood why Schengen was an issue for the UK, all arrivals would have to come by air or ship and its not like people could jump the border so there would always be checks on the people incoming

Last edited:
A vega is a meadow in Spanish.

That US entertainment centre translates as The Meadows. Which would make anyone from Nottingham laugh
Yes, I’m aware of that. I speak Spanish. This is why the baseball team called the Los Angeles Angels is also a bit fun.

And as someone who used to live in Nottingham, it does. If you’ve ever wondered what Lord of the Flies looks like with adults, The Meadows is your answer.

Back