Spanish ex-pats

Can we bin the term "Ex-pats"
They're Immigrants.

A person who comes to live in a foreign country permanently. Immigrants.

Collins dictionary

Definition of 'expatriate'

expatriate
(ekspætriət , -peɪt- )
Word forms: plural expatriates
countable noun
An expatriate is someone who is living in a country which is not their own.
...British expatriates in Spain.
Synonyms: exile, refugee, emigrant, émigré More Synonyms of expatriate
Expatriate is also an adjective.

Does it really matter?

Collins dictionary

Definition of 'expatriate'

expatriate
(ekspætriət , -peɪt- )
Word forms: plural expatriates
countable noun
An expatriate is someone who is living in a country which is not their own.
...British expatriates in Spain.
Synonyms: exile, refugee, emigrant, émigré More Synonyms of expatriate
Expatriate is also an adjective.

Does it really matter?

Yes. It's bullshit.
Many complain about immigrants, when they are in fact themselves immigrants. Don't try and dress it up.

Yes. It's bullshit.
Many complain about immigrants, when they are in fact themselves immigrants. Don't try and dress it up.

Maybe just cheer up. Stop moaning. Unless it’s about the weather. ;)

Maybe just cheer up. Stop moaning. Unless it’s about the weather. ;)

Wise words indeed.
However in this case it's very much like "Well I'm not an immigrant", when that's precisely what they are. They just don't want to be tarred with the same brush as they do others while reading The S*n in Benidorm.

We were looking to relocate in 6 years. Was hoping Portugal but property seems a bit more pricey there so was considering Spain as an alternative. Was hoping to pick up a part time job to subsidise us whilst using cash from proceeds of house sale, savings and investments etc to pay for the rest. Looks like a minefield now tho. Will have a decent pot of cash and pensions ( albeit a few years away) so hopefully enough to make the move.

I tried to pay my tasas for the modelo 790 this morning , using the cashpoint machine, no luck and it's very difficult to actually be seen in the bank. Sitting here googling for advice now as I'll have to get it paid before my appointment on Friday afternoon.

Don't think you can do it via the cash point.

Why is it difficult to be seen in the bank? They're still attending to people but with limited amount of people inside.

Failing that, you could call your bank's customer service number or the branch itself and explain the situation and see if they can give you an appointment.

Don't think you can do it via the cash point.

Why is it difficult to be seen in the bank? They're still attending to people but with limited amount of people inside.

Failing that, you could call your bank's customer service number or the branch itself and explain the situation and see if they can give you an appointment.
You can at some cash points, Sabadell gave the option but the scanner was to small to read the code. Very few are allowing you to attend here. I've tried to make an appointment with mine but nothing until next week. Phoning is a waste of time, no-one answers. Anyway the Mrs has just phoned. She's been to Sabadell on the way to work. Can only pay Tuesdays and Thursdays and can't be by machine. So I'll get to an open one at 8.30 tomorrow

I tried to pay my tasas for the modelo 790 this morning , using the cashpoint machine, no luck and it's very difficult to actually be seen in the bank. Sitting here googling for advice now as I'll have to get it paid before my appointment on Friday afternoon.
ETIAS is free to the over 70's and lasts for 3 years . An ETIAS holder can enter Shengen countries multiple times for visits of less than 90 days. ETIAS will be available from 2022 . Problem solved for property owners like us who prefer several shorter visits (2 monthly) rather than the 90/180 lunacy . This year is already buggered due to the covid crap but we might even be living in Spain by next year . Hasta la vista !
I realise this wont be of any help to you .

You can at some cash points, Sabadell gave the option but the scanner was to small to read the code. Very few are allowing you to attend here. I've tried to make an appointment with mine but nothing until next week. Phoning is a waste of time, no-one answers. Anyway the Mrs has just phoned. She's been to Sabadell on the way to work. Can only pay Tuesdays and Thursdays and can't be by machine. So I'll get to an open one at 8.30 tomorrow
You tried standing further away from the scanner?

🐄>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>🐄

Back