South Tyneside Bin Strike

Does anyone know what this dispute is actually about? I hear terms like toxic environment but I still cannot find out any specific details relating to the actual issue(s) at the heart of this dispute.

Was told to leave all the bins out and one will be emptied on one of the days.
Didn’t happen

Christmas tip for binmen.
“Please call every day and on one day you might get one”
Won’t happen.

i did wonder what service we'd have when this bin strike ended , and hey presto, sly devils

The blue bin and red lidded bin will be collected once every 4 weeks instead of fortnightly. They will be collected as follows:

• Week 1: Grey bin (household)
  • Week 2: Red lidded bin (card / paper)
  • Week 3: Grey bin (household)
  • Week 4: Blue bin (plastics / cans / glass / cartons)

i did wonder what service we'd have when this bin strike ended , and hey presto, sly devils

The blue bin and red lidded bin will be collected once every 4 weeks instead of fortnightly. They will be collected as follows:

That's for the areas where they're trialling two different recycling bins. That's always been the schedule. Nothing's changed.

More bastard bins
Perhaps rishi was right

That's a trial scheme that was introduced in 2019 to 1400 properties in Whitburn and Marsden

Well, neither of my bins got emptied this week. Neither of them got emptied a fortnight ago. So it's a month since my household bin was emptied. Must be at least two months since the recycling bin was emptied.

Well, neither of my bins got emptied this week. Neither of them got emptied a fortnight ago. So it's a month since my household bin was emptied. Must be at least two months since the recycling bin was emptied.
Just move marra, less hassle.

We got our blue bin (recycling emptied) yet my Dad got his grey bin(household waste) emptied. He lives a few streets away from us.
Anyone who paid from garden waste (green bin) got theres emptied before any other bins.

Aye, blue bin recycling got collected Thursday but rather they'd emptied the household one as I think that's been about 7 weeks now

Disruptions to bin collections due to strike action
Week beginning Tues 16 April please put out all bins and leave them out until one has been collected

Back