South Tyneside Bin Strike

STC put a statement out last week saying it had been resolved...the same statement they put out over a month ago.
Its not been resolved.
Ive been told that the 2 managers involved have refused to move to different departments.
It didn’t quite say that, but it did strongly suggest progress was being made. There’s an election coming up.

STC put a statement out last week saying it had been resolved...the same statement they put out over a month ago.
Its not been resolved.
Ive been told that the 2 managers involved have refused to move to different departments.
Did they want to take their own coaching team
Weak weak hr in all councils

Just leaving both bins out now till they are emptied, as are all of my street. We were promised collections in the last couple of weeks which did not happen.

You’ll probably be the first to get collected on Tuesday so keep both out.

Ours was due to be collected Thursday but didn’t get emptied until Friday - think it’s because the crews are doing a go slow
Hope so the whole area is starting to look like the opening scene on 28 days later.

We understand any disruption to bin collections is frustrating.

The Council has a duty to set a balanced budget prior to the financial year. Part of this budget setting process includes setting the Council Tax to cover social care, education, libraries, road maintenance, streetlighting, cleansing, planning and waste collection.

Council Tax is a tax not a service charge. Households legally have to pay their Council Tax even if services are disrupted or if people don't use a certain service.

It’s now a complete shambles
How is the green bin collections going to fit into all this??
I think the idea of dumping rubbish bags in front of town hall sounds enticing
Our green bin was emptied on Friday, the truck followed the blue bin one down the street. Gave me a couple of minutes to stick it out.

Back