South Tyneside Bin Strike

Sorry, mis read your post...... thought you were saying they are on strike again next week
working to rule again this week mate.
My black bin was emptied last week but is full again from all the stuff that has built up.
Dont think my blue bin has been emptied this year.

Lots more Mice and Rats about the back lane and even had a Cat raking about the bins last week...and yet STC think everything is working out ok

We understand any disruption to bin collections is frustrating.

The Council has a duty to set a balanced budget prior to the financial year. Part of this budget setting process includes setting the Council Tax to cover social care, education, libraries, road maintenance, streetlighting, cleansing, planning and waste collection.

Council Tax is a tax not a service charge. Households legally have to pay their Council Tax even if services are disrupted or if people don't use a certain service.
Is there a body we can complain to to challenge the council's negligence? The level of filth in the streets will soon become a hygiene and public health issue, beyond a joke that it's gone on so long to protect these two specific fuckwits.

Is there a body we can complain to to challenge the council's negligence? The level of filth in the streets will soon become a hygiene and public health issue, beyond a joke that it's gone on so long to protect these two specific fuckwits.
Yes go to the Local Government Ombudsman and complain

Yes go to the Local Government Ombudsman and complain

As far as I'm aware you can't complain to the LGO until your complaint to the Council has been dealt with and you consider it unresolved or they just haven't got back to you in a reasonable times...I think the process gives them 12 weeks to deal with a complaint so it's not a fast process.. The LGO will tell you to sling your hook if you don't follow the correct process

As far as I'm aware you can't complain to the LGO until your complaint to the Council has been dealt with and you consider it unresolved or they just haven't got back to you in a reasonable times...I think the process gives them 12 weeks to deal with a complaint so it's not a fast process.. The LGO will tell you to sling your hook if you don't follow the correct process
Try ringing South Tyneside council tomorrow to complain. You will find they are refusing to register complaints about this.

I would say that gives you a valid reason to approach the Ombudsman.

Try ringing South Tyneside council tomorrow to complain. You will find they are refusing to register complaints about this.

I would say that gives you a valid reason to approach the Ombudsman.

Do the LGO not require complaints to the Council to be made in writing. I know that used to be the case.

To be honest, the LGO will likely already be inundated with aggrieved residents given how long the dispute has been going on.

Do the LGO not require complaints to the Council to be made in writing. I know that used to be the case.

To be honest, the LGO will likely already be inundated with aggrieved residents given how long the dispute has been going on.
Try contacting the CEO

Jonathon Tew

working to rule again this week mate.
My black bin was emptied last week but is full again from all the stuff that has built up.
Dont think my blue bin has been emptied this year.

Lots more Mice and Rats about the back lane and even had a Cat raking about the bins last week...and yet STC think everything is working out ok
My blue bin was emptied last Friday, definitely the first time this year.

looked out window this morning and new bin wagon (white) and they just sitting there doing nowt , bins not been emptied today. went for lottery and bins lids open and rubbish everywhere
monton stadium recycling :eek: :eek:

tons of rats for those that don't wan't to join

Last edited:
blue bin collected today..first time this year

they were of course meant to collect it last friday..

so its anybodies guess if I will get the grey bin collected on its proper day this week on friday

I suspect it wont so booked a tip slot for late Saturday

Back