South Tyneside Bin Strike

So £350 a week if it's £70 for 5 days it will certainly help paying some bills.
In the past you got nothing ? or a small amount token gesture?

A mate of a mate works at South Tyneside and he got bollocked for going into Greggs to get something for his dinner.

When he pointed out it took 5 mins he was told that's 5 more mins of work he could have done.
Well it is another two bins😝

Just seen Stc bin wagon in Sr6 looks like there still doing commercial collections
Young lad and lass doing the round like

Like shite they will. All the extra coin they’re not paying the bin men will go straight in to their bonuses at the end of the year. Scum bags.
No they won’t, as they aren’t making money off it, they can’t do commercial collections either which brings in loads of money so have lost loads to biffa etc.

An action plan and way forward has been agreed to try and bring an end to industrial action that has disrupted waste collections for the last six months.

The Council and Trade Unions met last week with the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) in an attempt to resolve outstanding issues and bring about an end to industrial action. A detailed action plan has been agreed by all Trade Unions and the workforce.

The Council has made a concerted effort to resolve the dispute through extensive engagement with teams, listening and acting upon concerns including spending time out on the rounds with some crews, talking directly to them about the rebalancing of the rounds and hearing first hand some of the day-to-day challenges they face in delivering the service.

Operatives are due to restart a rolling programme of collections when they return to work next week (Tuesday 9 April) please put all bins out and leave them out until one is collected.

Read more at: www.southtyneside.gov.uk/article/22438/Action-Plan-Agreed-After-Positive-ACAS-Talks

Think the good will which was given to the bin men at the start of the strike is slowly disappearing. Pot luck what and if any bins get collected next week.
Cannot see an end in site
I bet you'd be great in the trenches....
£70 doesn't even get 3 bags of shopping in Asda pal

Bosses need to sort it out
Couldn't imagine they'd be on much more PD at graft.
The bin lads might find themselves out of a job and the service outsourced.
Doesn't Biffa already have a hand in it?

Last edited:
An action plan and way forward has been agreed to try and bring an end to industrial action that has disrupted waste collections for the last six months.

The Council and Trade Unions met last week with the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) in an attempt to resolve outstanding issues and bring about an end to industrial action. A detailed action plan has been agreed by all Trade Unions and the workforce.

The Council has made a concerted effort to resolve the dispute through extensive engagement with teams, listening and acting upon concerns including spending time out on the rounds with some crews, talking directly to them about the rebalancing of the rounds and hearing first hand some of the day-to-day challenges they face in delivering the service.

Operatives are due to restart a rolling programme of collections when they return to work next week (Tuesday 9 April) please put all bins out and leave them out until one is collected.

Read more at: www.southtyneside.gov.uk/article/22438/Action-Plan-Agreed-After-Positive-ACAS-Talks
Good news I suppose. Though I have little confidence in them actually getting mine emptied soon. Both full to the brim.

I'll go and see me mate at Boldon tomorrow and see if he tries to stop me putting me bags in the skip.

Isnt this the same message STC put out 4 weeks ago?

Back