Shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
A security man in a supermarket was telling me about an old bloke on a mobility scooter. He had something on his scooter that set the store alarms off, so he'd come in and wave to the security bloke and said "oh it's just me again" and do the same on the way out. It went on for months until they realised he was actually pinching high value tagged stuff while buying a few cheap groceries so he looked like a regular shopper :eek:

I'd do this if I was the artist too. Top scam
We did consider that. It definitely wasn't him. I couldn't possibly comment on whether it was a relative! :D The previous week 2 blokes had walked into our office and pinched a computer, walking past reception with it too! Security was beefed up a bit after that.

As kids me and a mate got caught knicking in Woolies. Manager took us into a room at the back of the shop and read us the riot act,threatening with Police etc. Let us off with a caution on the proviso we wrote our names on a piece of paper and promise never to steal again. I was absolutely shittin mesel. Me mate......he knicked his lovely Parker pen.

Where I work only management are allowed to stop anyone and you've got to wait till theyre about to go out the door or if they're at the till with no intention of paying for goods they've hidden in pockets or bags.

Recently I was in B&Q and used a tape measure to check the stuff I was getting and just instinctively put the tape measure in my pocket as I have one the same. Bought my stuff and walked out got to the car and felt my pocket and thought fuck I've just stole this.

So I tried to go back in but it was closing and they wouldn't let me back in. So I waited for a staff member to come out and was like I've accidentally stole this but I can't get back in to give it back. They didn't care and just wanted to get home, made me wonder how easy it would be to intentionally steal from these places, must happen a lot.

Any person powers of arrest under PACE

Not as simple as running up and shouting citizens arrest though

Do people actually do that? :lol:

I remember reading about it when I did Criminal Law, but never really thought much about it.

Recently I was in B&Q and used a tape measure to check the stuff I was getting and just instinctively put the tape measure in my pocket as I have one the same. Bought my stuff and walked out got to the car and felt my pocket and thought fuck I've just stole this.

So I tried to go back in but it was closing and they wouldn't let me back in. So I waited for a staff member to come out and was like I've accidentally stole this but I can't get back in to give it back. They didn't care and just wanted to get home, made me wonder how easy it would be to intentionally steal from these places, must happen a lot.

It's only theft once you realise you've taken something that's not yours, incidentally.

I once saw two blokes walk into Dreams, picked up a double bed and walked out... not one person stopped them and it appeared that no member of staff noticed.
I think the more brazen you are the more likely to get away with it..

Saw similar once in a social club. Couple of lads walk in wearing overalls and took the telly away in front of a bar full of people, no one said a word because they were wearing overalls

Do people actually do that? :lol:

I remember reading about it when I did Criminal Law, but never really thought much about it.

It's only theft once you realise you've taken something that's not yours, incidentally.

Security guards sometimes do, alot of them now use powers of detention until rozzers turn up then use civil remedies.

Second point isn't quite true, ask @Frijj, he got to the first lesson or so in police academy

I saw the security guards keeping a lass back in the big Roker Tesco last week while two coppers went jogging up the travelator. Every time she tried to get past them they just blocked her off and in the end she sat down on the ledge next to the window. Missed what happened after that because I reached the bottom.

What powers do shop staff actually have?
A woman just set the alarm off in Aldi and the staff chased her outside. They looked in her bag and removed two joints of meat, which they then took back to the shop, leaving her to make her escape.
One of the staff then came back out and was on the phone while scanning the street for her.
I'm assuming they have no powers to detain you outside of the premesis, but do they have any powers to search your bags?
Could she have just told them to piss off?
If they leave the shop they've stolen. I learned this by putting a couple of garfields in my pocket in Athena.

The security guards are thick as fuck, hence why they are security guards

Saw a canny scuffle between a security guard and a woman with her elderly mother in boots the other week. Proper rolling about the floor.

She cried rape, then got her boobs out. Then her mother who has no legs and in a wheelchair was ramming him.

As they were wrestling loads of knicked stuff was falling out various pockets
Funny you say that we have a mother in a wheelchair and her daughter that cone in and we have to watch them like a hawk. The daughter also uses her mams card to pay for her stuff that she pretends to the mam it's the mams shopping .

I once needed a jigsaw blade so went to B&Q as it was a Sunday, they only sold them in packs of five and about 15 quid i thought fuck that i only need one so i put one in my pocket. On the way out the security stopped me and took me into the office and made me watch the CCTV footage, f***ing embarrassing! they called the police that come and arrested me and put me in Gillbridge while they went and turned over my kip. our lass was not impressed! :oops:

I suspect that you're a wind-up account but if not, you're an arsehole. For your one blade you have rendered the rest of the pack unsaleable. But, hey-ho, you got your one blade.

Oh, no you didn't! :lol:

@Frijj, he got to the first lesson or so in police academy
Logon or register to see this image

I saw the security guards keeping a lass back in the big Roker Tesco last week while two coppers went jogging up the travelator. Every time she tried to get past them they just blocked her off and in the end she sat down on the ledge next to the window. Missed what happened after that because I reached the bottom.
Of life?

I once needed a jigsaw blade so went to B&Q as it was a Sunday, they only sold them in packs of five and about 15 quid i thought fuck that i only need one so i put one in my pocket. On the way out the security stopped me and took me into the office and made me watch the CCTV footage, f***ing embarrassing! they called the police that come and arrested me and put me in Gillbridge while they went and turned over my kip. our lass was not impressed! :oops:
My mate got arrested in b and q for stealing 5 tile spacers, yes 5 tile spacers!!!!

I was with him at the time and didn't realise what he had done until the the security staff jumped on the both of us.

I punched the bloke who jumped on me because I thought he was trying to mug me and we ended up rolling around on the floor.

We both got arrested. Thankfully I was released without charge as the copper said the security staff went overboard trying to man handle me and I was innocent.

The copper who interviewed us was dead on and even showed us the video footage of the security staff jumping on us.

Still spent 4 hours in a police cell like and I had visions of being someone's bitch. Awful experience :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back