Shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Herbal

Striker
What powers do shop staff actually have?
A woman just set the alarm off in Aldi and the staff chased her outside. They looked in her bag and removed two joints of meat, which they then took back to the shop, leaving her to make her escape.
One of the staff then came back out and was on the phone while scanning the street for her.
I'm assuming they have no powers to detain you outside of the premesis, but do they have any powers to search your bags?
Could she have just told them to piss off?

A woman just set the alarm off in Aldi and the staff chased her outside. They looked in her bag and removed two joints of meat, which they then took back to the shop, leaving her to make her escape.
One of the staff then came back out and was on the phone while scanning the street for her.
I'm assuming they have no powers to detain you outside of the premesis, but do they have any powers to search your bags?

They should be allowed to lob a trolley off the thieves heed.

Back in reality, I suspect they don't get paid enough for confrontation.

I once saw two blokes walk into Dreams, picked up a double bed and walked out... not one person stopped them and it appeared that no member of staff noticed.
I think the more brazen you are the more likely to get away with it..

Saw a canny scuffle between a security guard and a woman with her elderly mother in boots the other week. Proper rolling about the floor.

She cried rape, then got her boobs out. Then her mother who has no legs and in a wheelchair was ramming him.

As they were wrestling loads of knicked stuff was falling out various pockets

A woman was arrested for shoplifting in a supermarket. When she went before the judge he asked her, 'What did you steal?' She replied, 'A can of peaches.'

The judge then asked her why she had stolen the can of peaches, and she replied that she was hungry. The judge asked her how many peaches were in the can. She replied that there were six.

The judge said, 'Then I will give you six days in jail.' Before the judge could actually pronounce the punishment, the woman's husband stood up, and asked the judge if he could say something.

The judge said, 'What is it?' The husband said, ‘She stole a tin of peas as well.’

Everyone has the power of a Citizens arrest providing that there is reasonable suspicion of a criminal offence having being committed. The problem with this instance is that the person involved had not left the immediate area before being challenged. Hope this helps.

I once needed a jigsaw blade so went to B&Q as it was a Sunday, they only sold them in packs of five and about 15 quid i thought fuck that i only need one so i put one in my pocket. On the way out the security stopped me and took me into the office and made me watch the CCTV footage, f***ing embarrassing! they called the police that come and arrested me and put me in Gillbridge while they went and turned over my kip. our lass was not impressed! :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Many stores have a do not chase policy if someone legs it..they try and follow a ways behind and let the coppers know

Not quite shoplifting but when I coordinated a gallery one of the pictures went missing off the wall. Everything was attached with mirror plates so we played the cctv and saw this bloke came in with his own screwdriver, unscrew it, shove it under his coat and walk out. We had to get the police involved just for the insurance but I always wondered why he took that picture and was he just after the frame? Either way, the artist was happy as he got his money.

Not quite shoplifting but when I coordinated a gallery one of the pictures went missing off the wall. Everything was attached with mirror plates so we played the cctv and saw this bloke came in with his own screwdriver, unscrew it, shove it under his coat and walk out. We had to get the police involved just for the insurance but I always wondered why he took that picture and was he just after the frame? Either way, the artist was happy as he got his money.
I'd do this if I was the artist too. Top scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back