Shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 5 main elements to theft, one is the intention to permanently deprive another is dishonestly. Dishonesty is covered by R v Ghosh in case law but is quite a simple test. Intention to permanently deprive is the much harder part to prove

It all comes flooding back - thanks for that.

What powers do shop staff actually have?
A woman just set the alarm off in Aldi and the staff chased her outside. They looked in her bag and removed two joints of meat, which they then took back to the shop, leaving her to make her escape.
One of the staff then came back out and was on the phone while scanning the street for her.
I'm assuming they have no powers to detain you outside of the premesis, but do they have any powers to search your bags?
Could she have just told them to piss off?

They can ban them for coming in the store and report them - picture at least - to the police - I would suspect

I have on two separate occasions walked out of Mozzas with vodka bottles with the security clip on the top in my trolley. I had paid for them of course but the lasses who cleared them through the tills had simply forgotten to remove the security clips, which I failed to notice, and no alarms went off as I walked out. On discovering the errors at home I just went back to the store, told the security guard what had happened and he replaced the bottles with clip-free ones.

I conclude from this that the clips are not fitted with anything which alerts an alarm when passing through the store exit, and that they are on the bottles simply to prevent the opening of the bottles inside the store by sneaky tipplers in need of in-store refreshment.

Recently I was in B&Q and used a tape measure to check the stuff I was getting and just instinctively put the tape measure in my pocket as I have one the same. Bought my stuff and walked out got to the car and felt my pocket and thought fuck I've just stole this.

So I tried to go back in but it was closing and they wouldn't let me back in. So I waited for a staff member to come out and was like I've accidentally stole this but I can't get back in to give it back. They didn't care and just wanted to get home, made me wonder how easy it would be to intentionally steal from these places, must happen a lot.

Eggs, light bulbs and laundry capsules. Bain of my life these packs where people just take a couple. I've got to the point where I count laundry capsules out, been shorted too many times!!!

There are 5 main elements to theft, one is the intention to permanently deprive another is dishonestly. Dishonesty is covered by R v Ghosh in case law but is quite a simple test. Intention to permanently deprive is the much harder part to prove
That time i had the hassle with the dickheads in Band Q they kept insisting the law i had broken was "concealing an item on my person", i asked them if that was a criminal offence and they just coughed farted and blushed a bit.
That was of course before they realised i had put the fcking thing back on the shelf

So how do you expect them to sell the remainder of the packet you stole from like you suggested?

Well sometimes they sell things like that! i.e a 10 pack of tiles but 2 piece are broken they do not discard the other 8, they sell them. If they get a delivery of sand and one bag is ripped with some sand missing they will not discard it, they still sell!

You'll get the same adrenaline rush I get by sneakily pissing in the bathroom sink when I know our lass would slit my throat if she caught me!
Class sometimes when brushing my teeth the old pecker slips into the sink for a cheeky piss. Likewise the missus would go nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back