Shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate got arrested in b and q for stealing 5 tile spacers, yes 5 tile spacers!!!!

I was with him at the time and didn't realise what he had done until the the security staff jumped on the both of us.

I punched the bloke who jumped on me because I thought he was trying to mug me and we ended up rolling around on the floor.

We both got arrested. Thankfully I was released without charge as the copper said the security staff went overboard trying to man handle me and I was innocent.

The copper who interviewed us was dead on and even showed us the video footage of the security staff jumping on us.

Still spent 4 hours in a police cell like and I had visions of being someone's bitch. Awful experience :lol:

My cousin is a copper and only about two weeks before he was telling me how the security in B&Q are right on top, and they have a bit of a reputation for being over the top like wanna be coppers! security asked me why i was stealing i told him that if they had reasonable prices like Ability Supplies i would not need to! it was just a moment of madness TBF :eek:

There was a programme on the other week showing a security guard grabbing hold of a shoplifter. They both fell to the ground and one of the bottles the thief had stashed, smashed and caused him massive injuries. He died. Think the security guard got off.
Was going to post about the same thing. Must be horrible for the security guard living with that. Bloke ended up dead over a couple of bottles.

My cousin is a copper and only about two weeks before he was telling me how the security in B&Q are right on top, and they have a bit of a reputation for being over the top like wanna be coppers! security asked me why i was stealing i told him that if they had reasonable prices like Ability Supplies i would not need to! it was just a moment of madness TBF :eek:

Come on then what did you pinch?

I'd have just used my neighbours jigsaw, the Mrs had a go at me for asking to use his stuff, I even told him I don't need buy many tools as he has just about everything I need. :lol:

You sound like a right tight twat just like my little brother loads of money but borrows everything! he has a large lawn but will not buy a lawnmower he insists on driving to our brothers and taking his every weekend. :lol:

You sound like a right tight twat just like my little brother loads of money but borrows everything! he has a large lawn but will not buy a lawnmower he insists on driving to our brothers and taking his every weekend. :lol:

I've got a lawnmower, not a jigsaw, I did say that to the neighbour but I don't really use his stuff much.

What powers do shop staff actually have?
A woman just set the alarm off in Aldi and the staff chased her outside. They looked in her bag and removed two joints of meat, which they then took back to the shop, leaving her to make her escape.
One of the staff then came back out and was on the phone while scanning the street for her.
I'm assuming they have no powers to detain you outside of the premesis, but do they have any powers to search your bags?
Could she have just told them to piss off?
' leaving her to make her escape'
Oh no where is columbo when you need him.

I confine my shoplifting to untagged items like fruit and veg thro the self check in supermarkets nowadays. It's not out of need but simply for the rush. You can't beat it imo.

I once saw two blokes walk into Dreams, picked up a double bed and walked out... not one person stopped them and it appeared that no member of staff noticed.
I think the more brazen you are the more likely to get away with it..
:lol:

The idea of it makes it funnier

not a wind-up marra just a moment of madness, and as for the open packet they will have ended up selling them as singles for more money and it will stop the next person who also only wants one blade ending up in my situation. :eek:

So why didn't you just buy one of the single blades?

Easy to be high or pass a bellend test?

Force in the north east man on the telly :eek:

Good effort, shame your wit doesn't compare to your criminal abilities

I confine my shoplifting to untagged items like fruit and veg thro the self check in supermarkets nowadays. It's not out of need but simply for the rush. You can't beat it imo.
I've nicked the odd garlic from Asda :oops::lol:
Once I was in WHSmiths reading a magazine while I waited for a train. I then bought a newspaper and wandered off to the metro. When I was buying my ticket I realised I'd put the mag under my arm instinctively and lifted it without thinking about it

Security guards sometimes do, alot of them now use powers of detention until rozzers turn up then use civil remedies.

Second point isn't quite true, ask @Frijj, he got to the first lesson or so in police academy

What's the law on that then? My understanding was that there needs to be an intention to appropriate, it can't be done accidentally.

What's the law on that then? My understanding was that there needs to be an intention to appropriate, it can't be done accidentally.

There are 5 main elements to theft, one is the intention to permanently deprive another is dishonestly. Dishonesty is covered by R v Ghosh in case law but is quite a simple test. Intention to permanently deprive is the much harder part to prove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back