Shocking situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to say, the CPS have become a bunch of time serving, clock war ching burocrats. That case should blindingly obviously never have been pursued

But why did the police refer it in the first place?

That's what makes me think there's more to it than the sob story in the redtops.

Rushed outside with a claw hammer. Wrestled the bloke to the ground and clobbered him one.

Not saying that's wrong but him bleating that he did it because all he could envisage was his "family's throats being cut" seems a little melodramtic.
Why is it melodrama?

A thief standing in his front garden, holding a weapon (I read), stealing his car seems to me to be dramatic enough for most civilised people.

Most of us who have been in similar positions know that the Police response will be hours later and pathetic when it arrives. The victim has to respond fast to defend life and property. A concept invisible to the Police or CPS.

The police we pay for will do nothing until it is safe to turn up with their report books and no intention of taking action. They seek to minimise the danger brought by the attacker and thus the action they are obliged to take on behalf of us, the tiresome victims.

They are a laughing stock. Deservedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
He didn't burglarise anything. He was caught attempting to.

So batter his heed in - then what? Go to jail for manslaughter?

Some right whoppers on here like.
He didn't batter his head in mate, he punched a man attempting to break into his house and car.

I'm not a 'elf and safety gone mad' type at all, but it makes me laugh how people rush to condemn victims on here.

He was cleared of all wrongdoing afterall

Why is it melodrama?

A thief standing in his front garden, holding a weapon (I read), stealing his car seems to me to be dramatic enough for most civilised people.

Most of us who have been in similar positions know that the Police response will be hours later and pathetic when it arrives. The victim has to respond fast to defend life and property. A concept invisible to the Police or CPS.

The police we pay for will do nothing until it is safe to turn up with their report books and no intention of taking action. They seek to minimise the danger brought by the attacker and thus the action they are obliged to take on behalf of us, the tiresome victims.

They are a laughing stock. Deservedly.
The felon didn't have a weapon. Fat lad went at him with a claw hammer then spent a year off work with stress before posing in his best bib and tucker in the mirror to portray himself as a "have a go hero".

If there was danger to life I would applaud him. But there wasn't.

He didn't batter his head in mate, he punched a man attempting to break into his house and car.

I'm not a 'elf and safety gone mad' type at all, but it makes me laugh how people rush to condemn victims on here.

Absolutely right.

I have what some people may read as a harsh view of such of offenders. They voluntarily place themselves outside the world of reasonable people.

That doesn't empower those reasonable people to go berserk, but it really is time we got the balance right.

Absolutely right.

I have what some people may read as a harsh view of such of offenders. They voluntarily place themselves outside the world of reasonable people.

That doesn't empower those reasonable people to go berserk, but it really is time we got the balance right.
For arguments sake, you would argue that attacking someone trying to trying to steal your car with a hammer is the "right balance"?

I was responding to a poster on here who said it would have been right to "batter the bloke's head in".

Last edited:
The claw hammer would have been well put away before plod turned up to be fair he shouldn’t have mentioned it.still this case should never had got to court and obviously the jury of his peers thought the same.

Last edited:
Only on the SMB does the victim be pilloried
Because it's filled with internet hardmen who of course would think nothing of killing a man with a hammer only stopping to post on here about the rights of man to protect property at all costs.

Who do you think is paying his mortgage now he can't work due to 'stress'?

Because it's filled with internet hardmen who of course would think nothing of killing a man with a hammer only stopping to post on here about the rights of man to protect property at all costs.

IDGAF mate. But maybe he is stressed out, stressed because he didn't smash that smackhead shitehouse to smithereens- like he deserved to be

IDGAF mate. But maybe he is stressed out, stressed because he didn't smash that smackhead shitehouse to smithereens- like he deserved to be
Aye I saw what I thought was a drug addict the other day and, to be honest, I couldn't think straight for the rest of the day because I live in a country where you can't batter the fcuk out of people whenever the fancy takes you.

Aye I saw what I thought was a drug addict the other day and, to be honest, I couldn't think straight for the rest of the day because I live in a country where you can't batter the fcuk out of people whenever the fancy takes you.
Was he attempting to break into your gaff or car? No? Then well done you

To be fair he hasn’t beaten him half to death. He’s hit him. With Adrenalin pumping can you honestly say you wouldnt react the same?

Why would you want to batter a drug addict?
We are talking about a perceived threat of someone breaking in/stealing your shit/harming your family

Was he attempting to break into your gaff or car? No? Then well done you
He was actually. I should smashed his head in with a claw hammer right? Then the Mirror would have given me £250 for the exclusive photo.

Why would you want to batter a drug addict?
We are talking about a perceived threat of someone breaking in/stealing your shit/harming your family
How would this 'perceived threat' break into your house and harm your family if the doors were locked and the police had been called?

Would you unlock the door to tackle the 'perceived threat' with a claw hammer in that situation, seriously?

To be fair he hasn’t beaten him half to death. He’s hit him. With Adrenalin pumping can you honestly say you wouldnt react the same?
Am responding to the folks on here who think its fair game to kill a man to defend property.

Last edited:
He was actually. I should smashed his head in with a claw hammer right? Then the Mirror would have given me £250 for the exclusive photo.

How would this 'perceived threat' break into your house and harm your family if the doors were locked and the police had been called?

Would you unlock the door to tackle the 'perceived threat' with a claw hammer in that situation, seriously?

Am responding to the folks on here who think its fair game to kill a man to defend property.
If he was trying to get in with some vigour, I'd slap him across the cheek with a leather glove and challenge him to a duel, ya f***ing donut

Why would you want to batter the fuck out of a random drug addict?

You'd shit your pants like all the other keyboard kings on here man.
Correct, I would be shitting myself if a wrang un was attempting to break in- I've got a family. But I wouldn't sit and watch and ring the police- I'd get her to ring the police while I fettled the fucker, and hopefully restrained him til the law arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back