Shocking situation

If all he did was punch him that’s reasonable surely? If he’d clobbered him with the hammer I’d have less sympathy but it seems that isnt the case?

If all he did was punch him that’s reasonable surely? If he’d clobbered him with the hammer I’d have less sympathy but it seems that isnt the case?
Rushed outside with a claw hammer. Wrestled the bloke to the ground and clobbered him one.

Not saying that's wrong but him bleating that he did it because all he could envisage was his "family's throats being cut" seems a little melodramtic.

Rushed outside with a claw hammer. Wrestled the bloke to the ground and clobbered him one.

Not saying that's wrong but him bleating that all he did it because all he could envisage was his family's throats being cut seems a little melodramtic.

With adrenaline going I can see how that could easily happen to be honest, you’ve woken up in the middle of the night because some bag head is trying to rob you, he hasn’t managed it, he’s had a slap for his efforts, no crime there for me other than attempted theft.

someone sets foot in your house with intent to burgle and take what you`ve worked for a hammer certainly shouldnt be out of bounds.

His missus is a wad to be fair to him
Aye the fat man is hitting above his weight.
As for the scummy fucker who tried to burgle him, who cares if he gets a proper kicking, it'll make up for no doubt the numerous previous burglaries when he's nicked folks hard earned stuff to flog on for gear no doubt and may make him think twice about doing it next time...but I doubt it

So he's ran out of his house with a hammer to confront someone?
Who tried his front door then the car door.

someone sets foot in your house with intent to burgle and take what you`ve worked for a hammer certainly shouldnt be out of bounds.

His missus is a wad to be fair to him
Wonder who dreamt up the idea to pose for a softly lit family portrait in their Sunday best (cept for the kid in the ripped trousers) all clutching each other looking terrified.

Logon or register to see this image

What a waste of time, resources and money. If some scum step foot on to somebody's property to commit a crime when they should do that in fear of taking a f***ing hiding. I, like most on here I'd imagine wouldn't think twice about protecting my family.

What a disgrace that someone who works, pays his way and contributes to society has had to go through this process. It's also sad that he's had to lie and say he feared his family's throat would be cut, he should be allowed to say he punched him because he's a rat and that was the end of the matter.

Not saying that's wrong but him bleating that he did it because all he could envisage was his "family's throats being cut" seems a little melodramtic.

Exactly what I thought.

I understand these situations must be stressful but I’m not sure how someone trying to nick your car would result in you fearing your children may be murdered.

Still never should have got to court in any case.

Exactly what I thought.

I understand these situations must be stressful but I’m not sure how someone trying to nick your car would result in you fearing your children may be murdered.

All part of the game now, if you can't justify giving the scumbag a pasting in the eyes of the law, it's you that ends up in the shit. So we end up with the sad pics, and the fearing for my life bullshit.
Be a refreshing change for someone to come out and just say the little prick deserved a kicking and the judge saying yep your right fella, on you go:lol:

Exactly what I thought.

For me he's only saying that to justify taking the hammer out in the first place, he'll have been full of adrenaline and walking out to a possible nasty situation, could have been more than one, they could have had tools with them to break in and used them to attack him, he's probably just taken the hammer out in the hope it'll scare anyone away.

He shouldn't have to justify taking it out anyway, he was protecting his home and his family from an intruder trying to commit a crime.

Thats what i thought. But surely thats what anyone would do. What i don't understand, is why did'nt he just say the burgler hit him first, so he defended himself. Burglers word against his. How could he be arrested then ?
If i were in that situation, if i could, i'd do whatever i could to put him out of action, put him at the bottom of the stairs, then call the police. Explain that they struggled at the top of the stairs and he fell. His word against yours.
But i'm glad he's gone to the press and slagged off the justice system.

All part of the game now, if you can't justify giving the scumbag a pasting in the eyes of the law, it's you that ends up in the shit. So we end up with the sad pics, and the fearing for my life bullshit.
Be a refreshing change for someone to come out and just say the little prick deserved a kicking and the judge saying yep your right fella, on you go:lol:
Generally giving someone "a pasting" is actually against the law.

And that principle is a valid one whether you like it or not.

Even if some strays onto your property with the intent of nicking something, as a 20 stone fella (as that bloke clearly is), rushing out with a claw hammer, wrestling said felon to the ground and giving him a hiding would generally be considered unlawful.

Even if some strays onto your property with the intent of nicking something, as a 20 stone fella (as that bloke clearly is), rushing out with a claw hammer, wrestling said felon to the ground and giving him a hiding would generally be considered unlawful.

I don't think anyone is saying it's not against the law, people are saying it wrong that it is against the law.

Who cares if it's lawful or not, I'm glad the fella had the nuts to give the little scummy fucker a beating. The good thing is that everyone can use the usual excuses to sidestep any bleeding hearts worrying about the downtrodden burglar

Back