Shocking situation

Generally giving someone "a pasting" is actually against the law.

And that principle is a valid one whether you like it or not.

Even if some strays onto your property with the intent of nicking something, as a 20 stone fella (as that bloke clearly is), rushing out with a claw hammer, wrestling said felon to the ground and giving him a hiding would generally be considered unlawful.
One slap does not a hiding make!
Also it sends the completely wrong message to the would be smackrat that the law will protect you whilst you commit crimes

Who cares if it's lawful or not, I'm glad the fella had the nuts to give the little scummy fucker a beating. The good thing is that everyone can use the usual excuses to sidestep any bleeding hearts worrying about the downtrodden burglar
Shoot first, think later? There's a country in the world much like our own where that policy works a treat.

I just wish we had a handy telephone number you could ring in this country to get help if a crime is in the process of being committed.

Think there's a lot not being said in that story mind. Rushing out with a lump hammer to confront someone who isn't a threat is probably not the best thing to do under the circumstances, however understandable.

If you saw someone mooching around your car in the middle of the night what's the correct of course of action?

1. Make sure your house doors are locked and phone the police?

2. Rush outside with a claw hammer with the intention of battering the fucker?
He wasn't just mooching about, he was a known career criminal who had already tried to get into the house then went for the car

He wasn't just mooching about, he was a known career criminal who had already tried to get into the house then went for the car
Mr X knew the man outside his house in the dead of a night was a known career criminal?

What would have happened if the felon had a bigger hammer than Mr X? Or a gun?

What would happened if the felon was in fact a police officer doing a good deed and making sure Mr X's car was secure?

You can't just go around threatening people with claw hammers in the dead of night just in case you find out later they're a known career criminal.

Mr X knew the man outside his house in the dead of a night was a known career criminal?

What would have happened if the felon had a bigger hammer than Mr X? Or a gun?

What would happened if the felon was in fact a police officer doing a good deed and making sure Mr X's car was secure?

You can't just go around threatening people with claw hammers in the dead of night just in case you find out later they're a known career criminal.
Wrong angle mate. You can't go around burglarising people's property is the correct wording. Shoulda battered the horrible bastard's heed in

Wrong angle mate. You can't go around burglarising people's property is the correct wording. Shoulda battered the horrible bastard's heed in
He didn't burglarise anything. He was caught attempting to.

So batter his heed in - then what? Go to jail for manslaughter?

Some right whoppers on here like.

The way of the world it seems nowadays, decent rack on his missus like:lol:
mirror websites fucken dreadful mate, taking forever for the pics to load, can you describe this decent rack there?

Who tried his front door then the car door.

Wonder who dreamt up the idea to pose for a softly lit family portrait in their Sunday best (cept for the kid in the ripped trousers) all clutching each other looking terrified.

Logon or register to see this image
good work that man there mate

If all he did was punch him that’s reasonable surely? If he’d clobbered him with the hammer I’d have less sympathy but it seems that isnt the case?
It’s f***ing mental like. I think we have a fair justice system but then stuff like this happens and it makes it impossible to defend them.

I only found out yesterday that if you break up a fight you can be charged.

So he's ran out of his house with a hammer to confront someone?
Would you arm yourself when confronting someone who’s attempting to attack your home and family?

I have a huge novelty bat with a tourch on the end in case anyone try’s to break into my truck. If I get arrested for wrapping it round the scumbags head my defence is I was using my touch to have a look what the noise was and he attacked me

Last edited:
You're the f***ing whopper mate. Stop sticking up for that cretinous c**t
Am not sticking up for anyone.

But appearing in a photo shoot in a national newspaper with your wife and kids to moan about how taking a claw hammer outside to attack someone with should be legal is f***ing weird.

As is the "burn them brigade" on here telling people its fine to batter people's heads in with said claw hammer.

Back