Seaburn Roker - different breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we bought a house in Sunderland our lass was keen on moving to Barnes way (it's where she grew up). Schools round there weren't the best though so we opted for the Riviera. Coincedently one of the schools that used to be average (St Mary's) is now the top rated school!
I think schools are a big pulling point nowadays, i was talking about this last week, quarry view juniors was always a great school but over recent years as gone the opposite way. I have a son in monkey house and he seems to be doing ok.
I suppose it's what you make of a place no matter where you live mate.
I had a terrible neighbour in fulwell (poilice officer). Nothing to do with the fact they were coppers just horrible people.
I loved the access to the beach when I was there as I fished most nights.
The best place I lived was plarzy, ya knew where you stood with people and there was no jealousy. No keeping up with the jones'. By the same token I couldn't wait to get out!.

Boom

Til it got hotter iirc
Sr2 covers a big area. I would imagine ashbrooke itself has a higher average than seaburn/fulwell.

Last edited:

I think schools are a big pulling point nowadays, i was talking about this last week, quarry view juniors was always a great school but over recent years as gone the opposite way. I have a son in monkey house and he seems to be doing ok.
I suppose it's what you make of a place no matter where you live mate.
I had a terrible neighbour in fulwell (poilice officer). Nothing to do with the fact they were coppers just horrible people.
I loved the access to the beach when I was there as I fished most nights.
The best place I lived was plarzy, ya knew where you stood with people and there was no jealousy. No keeping up with the jones'. By the same token I couldn't wait to get out!.

Sr2 covers a big area. I would imagine ashbrooke itself has a higher average than seaburn/fulwell.
It's a blunt measure. Depends on the size of the houses.

Perhaps a better measure is price per square metre.

I lived in fulwell for 14 years when I was struggling with money then I moved over to ashbrooke. Lived here 5 year and can honestly say it loads better than sr6. Leafy streets, quiet, traffic loads easier to navigate. Parking a dream and tbf pubs and people are loads better. Still own me house in fulwell so if things go tits up a may end up back there.
Pubs? The Rosedene is shite. Always has been. Pretentious fucks and 10 bob millionaires who think they’re great. The only time I liked it was when I was robbing grolsh bottle tops from it to sell at school. Ivy House I guess you can claim. That’s it though isn’t it? 2 pubs?

I like Ashbrooke as I grew up there. And always thought I wanted to live there. I went to view houses and some absolute beauties too but then realised I knew a drug dealer just over the road or something and just couldn’t settle on anything. Then went over to the Roker park area and just fell in love. Only really knew it from when we played at Roker and hadn’t spent much time there other than the front itself. I couldn’t live anywhere else now. Has everything I need within a mile. The riviera :cool:

Pubs? The Rosedene is shite. Always has been. Pretentious fucks and 10 bob millionaires who think they’re great. The only time I liked it was when I was robbing grolsh bottle tops from it to sell at school. Ivy House I guess you can claim. That’s it though isn’t it? 2 pubs?

I like Ashbrooke as I grew up there. And always thought I wanted to live there. I went to view houses and some absolute beauties too but then realised I knew a drug dealer just over the road or something and just couldn’t settle on anything. Then went over to the Roker park area and just fell in love. Only really knew it from when we played at Roker and hadn’t spent much time there other than the front itself. I couldn’t live anywhere else now. Has everything I need within a mile. The riviera :cool:
You've missed the Hollymere and Alexandra Bob.

SR2 though. Got all the best pubs.
Covers a wide and diverse area and population that postcode.

Mind I've not been in the Alex since it was porcupine park or something or the Hollymere since I was secretly liaising with a bird from work 20 odd years ago and used to meet her there.

Haha. The biggest drug dealer in sunderland lived on the old roker park iirc. Dobbing? Got 14 year, well done bob.

Boot has cleaner taken a boot to the heid if he thinks Ashbrooke has more to offer than the Riviera.
Other than the hoity swingers pub and a cricket pitch there’s nowt of use or interest.
SR6 still the undisputed Jewel
Apart from a whopping big detached house and flash motor cars I don't need anything else. The riviera is stagnant (the words of of Julie Elliot) hahahahahahhaha.
Real money over here mate not just ex pitman and yard workers.

Last edited:

Roker Park Terrace has to be the nicest street in Sunderland like. All the ones that front onto the park are nice, but I'm getting to the stage where I need to think about downsizing now. Kids disappearing to different parts of the country and I doubt they'll be back.

Haha. The biggest drug dealer in sunderland lived on the old roker park iirc. Dobbing? Got 14 year, well done bob.

Apart from a whopping big detached house and flash motor cars I don't need anything else. The riviera is stagnant (the words of of Julie Elliot) hahahahahahhaha.
Real money over here mate not just ex pitman and yard workers.

No mate not here, boat owners and executives a plenty.
You just stick to your flash motors, we’ll use our cabin cruisers

Roker Park Terrace has to be the nicest street in Sunderland like. All the ones that front onto the park are nice, but I'm getting to the stage where I need to think about downsizing now. Kids disappearing to different parts of the country and I doubt they'll be back.
Barnes View has some lovely houses like.

So what we can conclude here is drug dealers on the Riviera will not be tolerated and end up locked away, whilst they are free to roam in Ashbrooke.

So what we can conclude here is drug dealers on the Riviera will not be tolerated and end up locked away, whilst they are free to roam in Ashbrooke.
or no drug dealers in ashbrooke? They know to stay away.
As for concluding its impossible would you not think? Unless you know every single person in both places and have acces to thier criminal records.

Another poster trying to be intelligent through thier online bull shit persona.

Last edited:

@the boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back