Seaburn Roker - different breed

Couldn't wait to move into a DH post code so I don't have to tell people I live in Sunderland.

Here fishy fishy

[QUOTE
="Beau Peep, post: 27267721, member: 21071"]Whitburn is in South Tyneside, you cannit blame them![/QUOTE]

My birth certificate says whitburn near Sunderland co Durham my address now is whitburn Sunderland sr6 southtyneside pah

Unsurprisingly, it wasn't locals causing the bother.
Last couple of times I’ve been down Roker I’ve noticed a few shit bags drinking down that route .
Used to be a nice route to take the Milf down on a nice summer evening whilst we discussed current affairs over a glass of Sauvignon blanc .Now it’s like the east end/Hylton Rd route of the 90’s.

Noticed this a few times now, bloke on Radio 6 just now described himself as 'from Seaburn' - no mention of the City of Sunderland

People also claim to be from Whitburn, Roker etc.

Whats wrang with Sunderland ? Are we losing the north side - Is a big push for independence close?
He's probably a mag.

I know a few posters from SR6 (myself included) try winding others up on the board with tales of the Riveria n that but when you think about it there actually isn't anywhere in the rest of the borough that gets anywhere near the place.
I joke about how it's the jewel in the crown of Sunderland without even realising how much it towers over everywhere else.

I think its about time we all took more pride in the twin resorts :cool:

The north of the river is the Sunder land but it seems to have been hijacked by the rest of the locality so it’s only right that it’s idenity isn’t mistaken for jewel. Hence Roker and Seaburn taking on their own identity. Whitburn can fook off as we need to get as far away from south Tyneside mentally ( not geographically as that’s impossible) as possible.

Last couple of times I’ve been down Roker I’ve noticed a few shit bags drinking down that route .
Used to be a nice route to take the Milf down on a nice summer evening whilst we discussed current affairs over a glass of Sauvignon blanc .Now it’s like the east end/Hylton Rd route of the 90’s.
This!
Seems to be a right breeding ground for scratters now like, used to love it down there years ago.
Had a few in the Roker Hotel over the christmas which was canny but a normal Saturday night in there gets full of one can van dammes now.

Cracking video of the Queen Vic in full swing doing the rounds on Facebook like.

They wont need doorman looking at that vid as no one was "hurting" anyone in fact there wasnt one proper punch thrown, just lasses hoying glasses etc

Back