Seaburn Roker - different breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tunstall mate, me mam and dad live in Crosslea about 30 yards away from Bainbridge holme rd,

I have always called it Tunstall. I have seen land registry documents that call it Bainbridge Holme Road estate.

I suspect that name never actually caught on because the new estate is relatively small and has been swallowed up by all the older housing surrounding it, such as Tunstall rd, crossley, newlands up to silksworth lane

I always wondered if there was a council document that actually shows the defined borders of areas such as ashbrooke, tunstall etc.

I wouldn't class the likes of Nursery Road as Tunstall mind. Always been Elstob Farm to me.

I agree with you there. remember delivering building supplies there years ago and it was always called elstob farm

Last edited:

I wouldn't class the likes of Nursery Road as Tunstall mind. Always been Elstob Farm to me.
Knew a few who lived up there and never called it Elstob. Though have heard of that used before.

I have always called it Tunstall. I have seen land registry documents that call it Bainbridge Holme Road estate.

I suspect that name never actually caught on because the new estate is relatively small and has been swallowed up by all the older housing surrounding it, such as Tunstall rd, crossley, newlands up to silksworth lane

I always wondered if there was a council document that actually shows the defined borders of areas such as ashbrooke, tunstall etc.

I agree with you there. remember delivering building supplies there years ago and it was always called elstob farm

Those google links that I provided earlier will be using spatial data provided by the council to define those areas.

Evidently the estate encompassing Belle Vue Rd and Holmelands was previously a large brick works before those houses were built. Always thought it was a greenfield site.

Seemingly the first Brownfield site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back