Seaburn Roker - different breed

This!
Seems to be a right breeding ground for scratters now like, used to love it down there years ago.
Had a few in the Roker Hotel over the christmas which was canny but a normal Saturday night in there gets full of one can van dammes now.

They wont need doorman looking at that vid as no one was "hurting" anyone in fact there wasnt one proper punch thrown, just lasses hoying glasses etc

You'll notice none of those are local residents either

I had Jeremy Vine on in the car a couple of weeks ago, I think it was when we had the snow and the big debate was whether people should drive to work or not. “ next up we have .... from Doxford Park in beautiful Sunderland”, wasn’t sure if he was taking the piss or not.

You'll notice none of those are local residents either
It has always been the way with new areas or hotspots, once something gets a reputation for being a good place for a drink inevitably in 6-12 months you'll get people up for a scrap who make it their home...and as soon as that happens the establishments go down hill. If I was managing the queen vic then they would all be banned for life instantly and unfortunately would need to think again about whatever large group policy they do / don't have...otherwise people will stop going.

That video will be causing loads of damage and lost trade to them and in turn the harbour view, Wolsey etc

The north of the river is the Sunder land but it seems to have been hijacked by the rest of the locality so it’s only right that it’s idenity isn’t mistaken for jewel. Hence Roker and Seaburn taking on their own identity. Whitburn can fook off as we need to get as far away from south Tyneside mentally ( not geographically as that’s impossible) as possible.

Well you fucked off to Cornwall, which is pretty far tbf.

I have nEver trusted the South of the River lot since they annexed Suddick around 1900 . I am currently a member of the "Marley Pots Peoples' Liberation Front" which should not be confused with the "People's Front for the Liberation of Marley Pots" or "The Liberation Front for the People of Marley Pots" who are just splitters.

UK TV struggle with Sunderland never mind parts of it
Quiz shows ,masterchef etc
Newcastle, Gateshead etc but Tyne and Wear for us

Couldn't wait to move into a DH post code so I don't have to tell people I live in Sunderland.

Here fishy fishy
I'm in Durham Sr7 ,best of both worlds

Last edited:
The north of the river is the Sunder land but it seems to have been hijacked by the rest of the locality so it’s only right that it’s idenity isn’t mistaken for jewel. Hence Roker and Seaburn taking on their own identity. Whitburn can fook off as we need to get as far away from south Tyneside mentally ( not geographically as that’s impossible) as possible.
When you say we you mean Cornwall?

UK TV struggle with Sunderland never mind parts of it
Quiz shows ,masterchef etc
Newcastle, Gateshead etc but Tyne and Wear for us

I'm in Durham Sr7 ,best of both worlds
I heard Pete Zulu on never mind the buzzcocks introduced as being from "boldon near Newcastle"

Back