Seaburn Roker - different breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roker Park Terrace has to be the nicest street in Sunderland like. All the ones that front onto the park are nice, but I'm getting to the stage where I need to think about downsizing now. Kids disappearing to different parts of the country and I doubt they'll be back.
Wrong. It's lovely but West Lawn is better.

West Lawn is class, shame about the Avenue and Azalea Avenue being on the doorstep.
The hill will put them off. :lol:

imo if you square off 800 yards in all 4 directions from the crossroads where the Cedars intersects Q A rd is takes some beating for houses
Agreed. There are some hidden belters.

Got a good friend lives there like.

Cannit get to the beach in a couple minutes from West Lawn.
You can't play cricket in the sea.

[QUOTE
="Beau Peep, post: 27267721, member: 21071"]Whitburn is in South Tyneside, you cannit blame them!

My birth certificate says whitburn near Sunderland co Durham my address now is whitburn Sunderland sr6 southtyneside pah[/QUOTE]
It’s all Tyneside once you get passed Latimer’s. ;)

The north of the river is the Sunder land but it seems to have been hijacked by the rest of the locality.

The name 'Sunderland' comes from the Holy Trinity area of the East End where the first docks and fish quay were. The wider area took the name once the docks became more economically important.
Parishes away from industry would have kept their own identy. It's all a class thing, obviously.

So your taking his word for it?
There's one lives next door to you.
Don't care whether you believe me or not but I knew where the dealers were and while I could afford some of the nice streets some houses on them were share houses or converted to flats and I knew who lived in them. Not a street I wanted to have kids in. I couldn't afford west lawn unfortunately.

I’ve actually found a list of bail hostels in the U.K. and there’s only one in Sunderland. It’s on Hylton Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back