Seaburn developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those business came after new people moved into area. Why are you bringing Sunderlamd Council into it when we're discussing Seaham & your exaggerated claims Len?
You appear to be numb as they come.

The businesses came as a result of more people being attracted to the sea front.

You appear to be numb as they come.

The businesses came as a result of more people being attracted to the sea front.

So answer the question then. What development happened to attract them there?

You had several chances to explain, but you simply cant do it can you?

Anyway ive had enough trying to get an answer from a WUM & off to the match.

I got to say the development of the marina at seaham with those businesses looks pretty good. The building with all the solar panels as an awning.
seaham
Logon or register to see this image

Coincidentally, the people who were the main drivers behind getting that built was also the same people who first brought the concept of a container city to the north east (the Co-op centre down Hendon).

So answer the question then. What development happened to attract them there?

You had several chances to explain, but you simply cant do it can you?

Anyway ive had enough trying to get an answer from a WUM & off to the match.
A truly gormless poster.

Anyway, see you there boss.

How many houses where built on the marina? What investment did that bring? The council had to practically give the land away. And if the smb len haters are to be believed his two places are empty down there.

The flying pizza as changed hands a few times too.

Still avoiding the question. Or should i say can't answer.

New housing creates footfall which brings in business, which in turn the new business attracts new visitors. This is exactly what has happened with Seaham.

There hasnt been any real development down seaham. There's been a gradual gentrification on the back of people moving to the area.

Mate. Whilst I can see merits in your argument. However it doesn't take in the account of the increased footfall already happening in the area. We need to keep these people coming back. We need developments that will take their money and time. I'm not against more housing. Just it's not a priority as say more shops, restaurants, bars, activities centres.

More housing is a easy cop out for me.

I love the beach...as in the actual beach. It's a cracking coastline and why its been recognised in the guardian as one of the 6 most beautiful beaches in the UK but walk across the main road and the sea front is an undeveloped embarrassment. There isn't anything there and a bunch of NIMBYs thinking they can over rule the rest of the city really pisses me off.

Why would anyone not want to have it developed?!

Backward insular thinking mate. I've met loads of people who are against development. Mainly housing. I've lived in the area for years and it has improved. Especially the promenade and the increased footfall. Be a crying shame that the council can't cash in and development that area properly. We need a indoor activity centre, maybe a water park, a museum type maritime building on top of loads of cafe bars etc. The plans look good. Just need to get it kickstarted. Will extra housing do that? I'm not convinced.

Last edited:
Mate. Whilst I can see merits in your argument. However it doesn't take in the account of the increased footfall already happening in the area. We need to keep these people coming back. We need developments that will take their money and time. I'm not against more housing. Just it's not a priority as say more shops, restaurants, bars, activities centres.

Backward insular thinking mate. I've met loads of people who are against development. Mainly housing. I've lived in the area for years and it has improved. Especially the promenade and the increased footfall. Be a crying shame that the council can't cash in and development that area properly. We need a indoor activity centre, maybe a water park, a museum type maritime building on top of loads of cafe bars etc. The plans look good. Just need to get it kickstarted. Will extra housing do that? I'm not convinced.
Thing is, leisure won’t make money for developers. Let them build houses with leisure conditions is the only way it will work.

Thing is, leisure won’t make money for developers. Let them build houses with leisure conditions is the only way it will work.

But they ARE building leisure stuff. The miller home are a separate thing and are towards the back. They're still to start on the cafes and flats and what ever else they have planned for leisure developments.

Then it's up to the council to sort it mate. Not against more homes but just homes isn't going to get the place buzzing.

Building homes is defo a cop out. With the highest profit margin at the expense of actually developing the area.

But they ARE building leisure stuff. The miller home are a separate thing and are towards the back. They're still to start on the cafes and flats and what ever else they have planned for leisure developments.
They have nothing else planned leisure wise, a cafe, a pub and a restaurant. Nothing else

All im doing is commenting whats happened in Seaham. This Rainhill character tells me theres tons that brings in the tourists, yet when challenged is unable to tell me what development has been done.

Seaham would still be shit if it wasn’t for the east shore development. Why won’t housing in Seaburn kickstart the same way?
Yes , regeneration is definitely needed at Seaburn, but why can’t they find a good balance between leisure and housing, instead of 279 as planned now, maybe 100 - 150 with an increased leisure offering?

Because they don’t want to.

Why don’t you do it if it’s commercially viable?

:lol::lol:

And shops

And community centre
It is commercially viable, the problem is that they just do not want leisure.
No shops or community centre has been confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back