Seaburn developments

Agreed. To be fair igloo have a decent track record of development however they are a private organisation so guess it depends if the scheme stacks up. I gather that retail or leisure just simply wouldn’t hence why housing most likely to come forward.

As for apartments maybe 4 or 5 storey as originally planned.
Apartments will lead to greater demand for shops and cafes in the area but are they popular enough here?

Apartments will lead to greater demand for shops and cafes in the area but are they popular enough here?

That is always the dilemma in Sunderland due to the relatively low housing values, however the sea front is / should be a prime location therefore such demand a premium. If not then just goes to show how difficult a market Sunderland really is.

There’s also the thought that most developments should be pushed towards high rise in order to limit the green belt development.

Well, I think roughly that is the plan. Get more people living on the front who will be regulars and that will attract the investment. I think it's a sound enough plan but not sure on Siglion being any good at delivering. It's needs apartments down with singles and couples for the cafe culture - mind theres but no need for too high rise. And the Miller estate will provide the higher income families with disposable income too. Most of that should be able to be provided via private investment.

But there's many down here who don't want any change at all. The miserable shitbags were whinging over SCC getting an 800k grant to turn some old shelters in to cafes.

5 stories would be enough. I'd have penthouse two-bedroomed luxury apartment.

With all these people moving to Sunderland we gonna need a bullet train not a monorail.
The Tokyo of the west we will be known as.

South facing verandas or balcony would be best else the sun will disappear quite quickly behind your building.
We'll have to move the sea. It's always going to be a compromise. At least it will get the sun in the morning.

Could have one either side of the apartment, west/east axis if you want to have a sea view.

We'll have to move the sea. It's always going to be a compromise. At least it will get the sun in the morning.

Could have one either side of the apartment, west/east axis if you want to have a sea view.
Duplex aye. Large entertaining balcony west facing for me. With Sea views from me bedroom balcony.

Back