Seaburn developments

The shipping container thing was shelved wasn’t it ? It’s worked in Gateshead so done right could’ve been a good thing but half heartedly isn’t good enough - the 3 weeks of food festival either side of air show was shambolic
The containers thing was meant to be on the Seaburn centre but the nesting birds stopped it this year. Hopefully next year.

Gateshead Quayside is a post industrial landscape, and an established eating and drinking location.

A derelict seaside funfair is sure as hell not that. You'd be lucky to get anyone at all visit it.

Good they've shelved it.
They haven’t.

A derelict leisure centre, a long abandoned fun fair, a tatty supermarket and an unkempt park.

Bar the promenade which has been tidied up and the beautiful beach and the whole area has been allowed to become a complete shit hole.

Come to Seaburn.
Knob.

A derelict leisure centre, a long abandoned fun fair, a tatty supermarket and an unkempt park.

Bar the promenade which has been tidied up and the beautiful beach and the whole area has been allowed to become a complete shit hole.

Come to Seaburn.
All now being redeveloped

There are no plans for 5 storey flats , I think the plans look a great compromise between housing and open green space - the locals seem to think the current situation is preferable but in 15 years I’ve never seen anyone enjoying the green space between dykelamds and Morrison’s except the travelling community -
They’d had you believe that patch was full of picnickers and family generally frolicking.
Complete bollocks. The plans did have 5 storey buildings. Luckily this will all be reviewed. There is still a future for Seaburn as a leisure led visitor destination

It's an absolute tip at the minute.

Save the lovely works to the promenade, Seaburn is the worst it's been in my lifetime.

You would think, therefore, that literally anything can only be an improvement.

But Siglion and Sunderland Council are capable of botching up anything and everything.

Agreed

Come to Seaburn.
Are you kidding me? Do people actually genuinely think our seafront is a shithole?

I suggest some of you visit most other seafronts before you make a judgement. We have a f***ing beautiful sea front. There is one stretch where the Seaburn centre and old fair is that is only recently derelict and up now for redevelopment, that hardly makes it a shithole to me. I love it down there.

Are you kidding me? Do people actually genuinely think our seafront is a shithole?

I suggest some of you visit most other seafronts before you make a judgement. We have a f***ing beautiful sea front. There is one stretch where the Seaburn centre and old fair is that is only recently derelict and up now for redevelopment, that hardly makes it a shithole to me. I love it down there.
Let the f***ing place rot is my opinion at the minute. They don’t want housing, so don’t build housing. They want leisure without anybody to use it. Fuck them.

Let the f***ing place rot is my opinion at the minute. They don’t want housing, so don’t build housing. They want leisure without anybody to use it. Fuck them.
Think of the kids! Look at glorious south shields! So many kids leisure facilities leisure facilities leisure facilities leisure leisure leisure leisure leisure leisure leisure.

Facilities.

It's a strange one mate. The residents have held back development of our seaburn resort. Worrying about the value of their houses. What they don't seem to realise is that a vibrant developed area will enhance their house values. Make it more desirable destination.

We've had loads of people knock on wanting us to sign petitions attend meetings etc. I've tried to put across a more balanced view without avail.

Only problem I have with council is that there is plenty to develop first before we do new housing. Why can't we show the people of that area that the council are committed to making it a proper leisure tourist destination than just trying to build a few more houses? Seems it's the easy way out for me.

So Seaburn is a shit hole on that we can agree.

Seaham is a nicer place to be than Seaburn. Bloody Seaham man. Who let that happen?

So Seaburn is a shit hole on that we can agree.

Seaham is a nicer place to be than Seaburn. Bloody Seaham man. Who let that happen?
Disagree mate. Seaham has a row of posh shops and a statue of a soldier. The natural coastline is nowhere near as good as ours, not by a million miles.

Respect your opinion mate but I'm struggling to see how anyone could think our seafront can be described as a shithole. Everyone who has visited me up here who has never seen the seaside is always amazed at how lucky we are with it.

Disagree mate. Seaham has a row of posh shops and a statue of a soldier. The natural coastline is nowhere near as good as ours, not by a million miles.

Respect your opinion mate but I'm struggling to see how anyone could think our seafront can be described as a shithole. Everyone who has visited me up here who has never seen the seaside is always amazed at how lucky we are with it.
Ok I take your point. The sea front is awesome, but Seaburn is currently a bit of a shit hole.

And you know how that happened? By building a massive new housing estate which attracts young proffesionals into the area.

A redeveloped sea front is how it happened. And businesses developed to attract people from out of the town.

I don't know anyone from Durham or its surrounding villages who visits Seaham to look at the new houses.

Back