Seaburn developments

Because they don’t want to.

Why don’t you do it if it’s commercially viable?

:lol::lol:

And shops

And community centre

Boris you know I got a lot of time for you mate but the highlighted bit is not the line of retorts you should be going down imo. People can still have a opinion even if they don't have means to invest. I have personally been in touch with siglion in regards to wanting to invest in renting business units that they develop. Not got very far atm.

I will reiterate again. I have no issue with more housing but I don't see it as the bees knees that will push the site on. There is plenty of people who live in the vicinity already (it's not like it's a derelict site). Coupled together the the massive increase in footfall last few years makes the arguments that only extra housing will boost the area a bit redundant in my opinion.

There are actually...
But their investment offers have been refused by Siglion

Yup. My company being one. I wouldn't say refused though. Just more fallen by the wayside. There's only so many times I can try and chase things up. The other directors, bank manager and accountant are trying us to invest in tyneside instead. I don't want to.

Last edited:
Yup. My company being one. I wouldn't say refused though. Just more fallen by the wayside. There's only so many times I can try and chase things up. The other directors, bank manager and accountant are trying us to invest in tyneside instead. I don't want to.
I am aware that another 3 companies have brought forward leisure suggestions and investment. One of them being quite a large leisure operator. Maybe some of Siglion’s higher management have a personal disliking to seafront leisure?

Seaham would still be shit if it wasn’t for the east shore development. Why won’t housing in Seaburn kickstart the same way?

Not sure we can compare the two areas mate. Whilst I do see why people are trying to.

Okay. Let's play out your scenario. How will having 200 more homes in the area help push developers and the council to build more leisure stuff? That the 1000's of existing homes and prime location haven't?

What all this smacks to me is people trying to cash in by doing the easiest thing possible. Build houses on prime sites. Akin to the council trying to build on greenfield sites in cleadon and Boldon rather than other brownfield sites round the city.

Do they think we're that stupid?

Not sure we can compare the two areas mate. Whilst I do see why people are trying to.

Okay. Let's play out your scenario. How will having 200 more homes in the area help push developers and the council to build more leisure stuff? That the 1000's of existing homes and prime location haven't?

What all this smacks to me is people trying to cash in by doing the easiest thing possible. Build houses on prime sites. Akin to the council trying to build on greenfield sites in cleadon and Boldon rather than other brownfield sites round the city.

Do they think we're that stupid?
What have sunderland council got to do with Cleadon and Boldon?

I’ve put a report in about birds roosting on the Seaburn centre so the demolition should be halted soon.

Whilst I know you're having a bit of laugh mate.

But deep down I think you are being facetious though. Just because people have reservations about extra homes being the first thing our council does in developing the area. Doesn't mean that they want demolitions or development halted. It's not black or white like that or the two issues are not mutually exclusive.

But deep down I think you are being facetious though. Just because people have reservations about extra homes being the first thing our council does in developing the area. Doesn't mean that they want demolitions or development halted. It's not black or white like that or the two issues are not mutually exclusive.

surprised and quite disappointed in you tbh always thought of you as a fellow CIA conspiracy theorist but it turns out in the end you're a nimby :(

Coincidentally, the people who were the main drivers behind getting that built was also the same people who first brought the concept of a container city to the north east (the Co-op centre down Hendon).

I think that container office is good. Should have been closer to the city centre.

surprised and quite disappointed in you tbh always thought of you as a fellow CIA conspiracy theorist but it turns out in the end you're a nimby :(

:lol::lol:

Oh my word mate. I most definitely am not a nimby. You wouldn't say that if you heard me speak to the nimbies of the save seaburn folk that rock up every week.

I'm disappointed that you think I'm a nimby. I'm all for development and housing. Even the Miller homes on my doorstep. I have no issue whatsoever.

Just think that we could be doing a few more leisure stuff first. We need people spending money and time on our coast.

I’m not mate, I’m serious. The save Seaburn lot want it knocked down now but they opposed it before. I’m taking the fight over. There’s nothing that could be done to please them. Salvador Dali stopped them making a car park and then complained about parking spaces a couple of months later. They will reap what they f***ing sow.

I’m not mate, I’m serious. The save Seaburn lot want it knocked down now but they opposed it before. I’m taking the fight over. There’s nothing that could be done to please them. Salvador Dali stopped them making a car park and then complained about parking spaces a couple of months later. They will reap what they f***ing sow.

exactly. thousands of seagulls launching from the seaburn centre roof shitting on their bairns heads,fiat 500's and their washing will serve them right

of course it is
Would be kind of difficult to post the names of those companies on here, happy to disclose in a more private conversation. These national and international companies would not like it if sensitive information would be made public on an open message board.

Gateshead Quayside is a post industrial landscape, and an established eating and drinking location.

A derelict seaside funfair is sure as hell not that. You'd be lucky to get anyone at all visit it.

Good they've shelved it.

They'd be better off putting a Scooby Do Experience in there, there's a few on here could play the various baddies

Back