SD on Talksport Podcast this Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem here is, we ended up with someone who fits with Parkinsons style of play, Boyce is a far more flexible player in the roles he can play. We wanted to buy him then didnt get him. It was pennies, it wasnt like tripling the bid for Grigg, Lafferty wont be here next season (whenever that is!) and we start the whole crap f***ing process again, which seems to be who is the cheapest! Substantial funds dont forget.

I suppose we may pick some bargains up if some teams go bust, but I have no faith our scouting team have a f***ing clue what they are doing

If he went to a shit club who pay no wages, how couldnt we get him then smart arse?
An issue for the scouting team and s stability. Our inconsistency on the field , instability of ownership and finances all add to us having no forward plan. Donald and co can’t afford and aren’t savvy enough to give us either

The next owner should learn from SD that he can't possibly be open with the fans, because when things don't go right on the pitch it'll be twisted against you. Needs to go back to an Ellis Short type detachment.
Yep. All fine when things go well, then fans are really quick to turn. Amazing how many fans accuse others of gross incompetence or having no idea how to run a football club.... No one does, there is no course to go on, no training, just the skills you have utilised in making your own business a success.
He's not got everything right that's clear, but he's turned the club around and we avoided shutting down which was very much on the cards.
I'm more than happy for him to keep working and trying his best.
We all need a bit more patience, otherwise every time something happens that isn't to our liking we turn into hysterical moaners.

Yep. All fine when things go well, then fans are really quick to turn. Amazing how many fans accuse others of gross incompetence or having no idea how to run a football club.... No one does, there is no course to go on, no training, just the skills you have utilised in making your own business a success.
He's not got everything right that's clear, but he's turned the club around and we avoided shutting down which was very much on the cards.
I'm more than happy for him to keep working and trying his best.
We all need a bit more patience, otherwise every time something happens that isn't to our liking we turn into hysterical moaners.
What has he done right exactly? I’d love to know because other than hand over the parachute money that belonged to the club anyway I’m not getting it. Stripped the academy bare to the point where they’re getting humped every game, the 1st team is worse than last year with a poor manager to replace the last failure he took on. God knows why anybody wants this to continue if this is his best. If my club continues to get worse I’ll piss and moan like I did when we dropped through the Divisions under Short. Staggering that fans are supposed to stand there and just clap away like clowns. We’re an absolute shambles

What has he done right exactly? I’d love to know because other than hand over the parachute money that belonged to the club anyway I’m not getting it. Stripped the academy bare to the point where they’re getting humped every game, the 1st team is worse than last year with a poor manager to replace the last failure he took on. God knows why anybody wants this to continue if this is his best. If my club continues to get worse I’ll piss and moan like I did when we dropped through the Divisions under Short. Staggering that fans are supposed to stand there and just clap away like clowns. We’re an absolute shambles
We were owned by Short who had given up on the club and stopped spending, a club that had no leadership or management, and we were heading towards bankruptcy. We had players on mega wages who didn't want to play, rotten apples and all the rest of it. New managers every year and no stability, no credibility and if we are being honest we were circling the drain for years with miracle escapes from relegation.

Now, whilst the team is upper third in League one, we are now financially stable and we have a platform to build from. The club doesn't seem like a basket case any more. It would have been great to come roaring back to the championship and we very nearly did it (I personally blame Ross 100% for that failure), but we didn't and further cost cuts had to be made.

But, we are where we are and we don't know how this season will pan out - we may yet be promoted but if not we get a but more time to get things organized for next season and we try again.

I think the problem here is, we ended up with someone who fits with Parkinsons style of play, Boyce is a far more flexible player in the roles he can play. We wanted to buy him then didnt get him. It was pennies, it wasnt like tripling the bid for Grigg, Lafferty wont be here next season (whenever that is!) and we start the whole crap f***ing process again, which seems to be who is the cheapest! Substantial funds dont forget.

I suppose we may pick some bargains up if some teams go bust, but I have no faith our scouting team have a f***ing clue what they are doing

If he went to a shit club who pay no wages, how couldnt we get him then smart arse?
nevause we didnt want him that much in the end? because the target changed...or to paraphrase someone with dtrong notrth east connections..events dear boy events..
made the club financially table..invested enough in the academy for it to retain category one status in league one..a situation unprecedented in football...
i thought the academiesy taeams below under 23 were winning lots of comeotito=ions?

Last edited:
nevause we didnt want him that much in the end? because the target changed...or to paraphrase someone with dtrong notrth east connections..events dear boy events..

made the club financially table..invested enough in the academy for it to retain category one status in league one..a situation unprecedented in football...
i thought the academiesy taeams below under 23 were winning lots of comeotito=ions?

I think you forgot something about the Boyce deal, the fact we were quoted a higher price than other clubs, Donalds ability is known all over the world as a negotiator, as being utter turd

I think you forgot something about the Boyce deal, the fact we were quoted a higher price than other clubs, Donalds ability is known all over the world as a negotiator, as being utter turd
a higehr price than what?
i was hoping by now doanld would have earned not to negotiate himself as he is shit at it..and leave oit to the experienced people he employs who can do that stuff..

Agree whole heartedly with this, how can we as fans back the present regime is beyond me, Heard someone mention if we beat Pompey in the playoff final all would be good well we would be relegated from the Championship by now with the team we have at present, and the argument well we would have the uplift in tv money all that brings in the championship well it would be virtually all eaten up by player wage rises anyway so I’m not buying that argument, simple fact is this owner hasn’t enough money to take club forward, plus he definitely hasn’t put any structure in place that’s proven by the idiots he brought up here (other than I will say I do like David Jones from the bits I’ve read and heard from him seems like a good addition although obviously not full time) and as for his shout of basically if we can get up and fpp fund him is what I think he’s implying in his recent podcast, please god no, you are clueless get it sold and move on, you have done enough damage to our academy especially and first team, move on and buy Oxford as you have always wanted.

Agree whole heartedly with this, how can we as fans back the present regime is beyond me, Heard someone mention if we beat Pompey in the playoff final all would be good well we would be relegated from the Championship by now with the team we have at present, and the argument well we would have the uplift in tv money all that brings in the championship well it would be virtually all eaten up by player wage rises anyway so I’m not buying that argument, simple fact is this owner hasn’t enough money to take club forward, plus he definitely hasn’t put any structure in place that’s proven by the idiots he brought up here (other than I will say I do like David Jones from the bits I’ve read and heard from him seems like a good addition although obviously not full time) and as for his shout of basically if we can get up and fpp fund him is what I think he’s implying in his recent podcast, please god no, you are clueless get it sold and move on, you have done enough damage to our academy especially and first team, move on and buy Oxford as you have always wanted.
what damage has he doine to the academy> it reains category one status and continues to produce footballkers for the first team..
there would be no extra money in the champo for tv if we go up.
nut i agree with the generak sentiment he has been an incpompetent owner and needs to not be involved in running the club..

I have no idea what the blueprint is, to be honest?

Is it self funding? Ok then, a loan or "investment" or cash injection is the absolute opposite of self-funding, it increases debt.

Is it to be promoted by any means necessary? If so, we are going to lose a lot of money in the division above, if we ever get there.

Is it to run off the momentum that fans and club being "together" creates? Too late for that.

What exactly is the plan here? If Methvan is to be believed he is the guy provide the big picture, well he has supposedly left. He is aware that clubs lose a shit ton of money in the championship, money that they cant foot the bill for. Are they seriously expecting an investor to foot the bill so these lads can play at being football owners? It's insane.
Self sufficient companies can still have debt. In fact it’s often more economical.

a higehr price than what?
i was hoping by now doanld would have earned not to negotiate himself as he is shit at it..and leave oit to the experienced people he employs who can do that stuff..

A higher price than other clubs were quoted, Charlie was wrong, the Sunderland disease is to pay far too much for shit, and they have carried on doing it.

1st question before buying a player; Would you have any problem living in the North east? any slight hesitation or mention of money, the response should be, thanks for that and I wish you luck with your next club

The team has been on the up since Parkinson’s took over your not giving him any time

A higher price than other clubs were quoted, Charlie was wrong, the Sunderland disease is to pay far too much for shit, and they have carried on doing it.

1st question before buying a player; Would you have any problem living in the North east? any slight hesitation or mention of money, the response should be, thanks for that and I wish you luck with your next club
yes the grigg deal, at least, showed the world safc are still mugs to negotiate with, sd seems to acknowledge the blunder hemade with grigg..but not how it impacts the clubs reputation in the wider context..

boyce isnt a player to be overly botheredabout..not championship standard...lafferty isnt either like butvat least is short term option..boyce was never that..

yes the grigg deal, at least, showed the world safc are still mugs to negotiate with, sd seems to acknowledge the blunder hemade with grigg..but not how it impacts the clubs reputation in the wider context..

boyce isnt a player to be overly botheredabout..not championship standard...lafferty isnt either like butvat least is short term option..boyce was never that..

So where was the long term option? We bought an older version of Wyke

So where was the long term option? We bought an older version of Wyke
we didnt need a longer term ooption..we needed someone to do a job in ythisleague and fuck off...rather than over paying for league one shite that cant step up like grigg, wyke and boyce, who would then be a burden if we went up..

i mean there may be options who can di it in both leagues...but its not obvious who they are..i mean the top scorer in this league this season is 29..not a long term anything..annd even somoen like marcus maddison, who looked like a player who could move up from league one..cant get into a shit champo team this season.. next oin the scoring charts is papado..who is 27 now...again not young and full of poential..thoird in the list is johnson clarke harris..who is 26 and failed badly in the championship..

so its not obvious who you go for from this league that can step up..

we didnt need a longer term ooption..we needed someone to do a job in ythisleague and fuck off...rather than over paying for league one shite that cant step up like grigg, wyke and boyce, who would then be a burden if we went up..

i mean there may be options who can di it in both leagues...but its not obvious who they are..i mean the top scorer in this league this season is 29..not a long term anything..annd even somoen like marcus maddison, who looked like a player who could move up from league one..cant get into a shit champo team this season.. next oin the scoring charts is papado..who is 27 now...again not young and full of poential..thoird in the list is johnson clarke harris..who is 26 and failed badly in the championship..

so its not obvious who you go for from this league that can step up..

Apparently so, why didnt we buy an inform goal scorer from this league?

Last edited:
Isn’t that exactly what they tried to do? Quoted £10m for marquis
It looks to me like the options once Maja had gone were sign someone with a bit of a rep for way over the odds, try and pluck someone from obscurity or lower league or sign nobody.

Isn’t that exactly what they tried to do? Quoted £10m for marquis
It looks to me like the options once Maja had gone were sign someone with a bit of a rep for way over the odds, try and pluck someone from obscurity or lower league or sign nobody.

So we paid over the top, at least 3 times over for someone who wasnt getting a place in his side in the league above us, and, what I would like to know is who interviewed the fucker, as he hasnt given a fuck since he got here.

will grigg was an infomr scorer from tis eague..the previous season to when we bouhght him..so o nly monehts befoire..he was one of the top scorers in this league..
liam boyce scored 11 goals las seaosn in this legaue..season before he joined us..wyke scored 15 in this league..

So we paid over the top, at least 3 times over for someone who wasnt getting a place in his side in the league above us, and, what I would like to know is who interviewed the fucker, as he hasnt given a fuck since he got here.
To be fair if you were asking for a proven league one goal scorer which I think was what you said, Grigg looked about as close as you could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back