SD on Talksport Podcast this Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or buy so well those players get us up the leagues, cup runs etc which will increase revenue.

Probably true, but he still would have got most of that money and not maintained the status.

The league above costs a huge amount more than this league, it would further the point. You cant guarantee promotion to the premier league without spending 100s of millions, increasing the wage budget to beyond a premier leagies team meaning we would still lose money even if we got there.

Money without intelligence furthers our problem. We currently have no intelligence, add money to that and were in the shit.

The league above costs a huge amount more than this league, it would further the point. You cant guarantee promotion to the premier league without spending 100s of millions, increasing the wage budget to beyond a premier leagies team meaning we would still lose money even if we got there.

Money without intelligence furthers our problem. We currently have no intelligence, add money to that and were in the shit.
You can’t guarantee anything even if you spend 100s of millions.
Don’t disagree, about the last bit.

So to leap forward a bit then. For everyone on here very much against Stuart Donald - what does your vision of success look like (going forward from this point) on the assumption that a billionaire isn't coming in?

because loans arent income..and the interest payments in loans are tax decutible against profitable stuff...
You can put your own capital in without it being classed as income too. That costs no interest, like what Ashley did at the mags.

You only pay tax if you have profits which we are a long way from having so that's irrelevant. And you still have to pay the full value of interest so you're worse off. So if the interest was 1,000,000 it still costs you about 800,000 net of any tax it saves.

Just shy of a million quid in the third tier makes him one of the most expensive signings ever in this division
And we got talked up about 30% in the process of negotiating that deal because we didn’t have the intelligence and knowledge to have alternative targets.

So to leap forward a bit then. For everyone on here very much against Stuart Donald - what does your vision of success look like (going forward from this point) on the assumption that a billionaire isn't coming in?

An owner comes forward with a strategy to outperform the competition by doing things with more intelligence, not money.

They focus their time and energy acquiring the brightest staff to be able to implement said strategy throughout the football club.

Recruitment, sales, player progression and the academy takes centre stage. Once they have recruited the correct people and proven their strategy, they either acquire investment to expedite the process or they continue to build upon with profit.

An owner comes forward with a strategy to outperform the competition by doing things with more intelligence, not money.

They focus their time and energy acquiring the brightest staff to be able to implement said strategy throughout the football club.

Recruitment, sales, player progression and the academy takes centre stage. Once they have recruited the correct people and proven their strategy, they either acquire investment to expedite the process or they continue to build upon with profit.
i think they have got the right people in off the field..i mean in commercial terms..but one couldnt say that of the football department..

one of the challenges is...the structure of the football department is so wrong..its hard to know who in there is doing a good job or not..i mean £3m for grigg could be a ricket for hill, for coto, or for ross, or for all three..that hangs over their careers for a long time..but because of the documentary we know at least two of those guys didnt want the girgg deal at £3m and donald did..so suddenly ros and hill are competent but the poutcome is shit because of doanld..

i think they have got the right people in off the field..i mean in commercial terms..but one couldnt say that of the football department..

one of the challenges is...the structure of the football department is so wrong..its hard to know who in there is doing a good job or not..i mean £3m for grigg could be a ricket for hill, for coto, or for ross, or for all three..that hangs over their careers for a long time..but because of the documentary we know at least two of those guys didnt want the girgg deal at £3m and donald did..so suddenly ros and hill are competent but the poutcome is shit because of doanld..

I think it's all debatable however if the strategy is incorrect which to me it clearly is, it doesn't matter how capable anyone is if they are heading in the wrong direction.

You cant blame Coton for shit recruitment if his mandate is to recruit players who are capable of winning league one for example. He has done that and yet recruitment is still poor because the intention is beyond basic, short-sighted and frankly damaging to the club.

we are defiitel financially stable..
frankly even if the £9m loan was needed (it wasnt) we would still be more financially stable than when they took over and we were in muc more debt..
they cut the operating losses to £2m in year one..
it was £26m the year before they came..
the £2m figure is flattered a bit by stuff sd is persoanlly paying for on behalf of the club..so it would be higher in reality...but still much better than before..
So we are in a great financial position are we so tell me this who pays the £25m back taken from the para payments to payback the loan or so we are told, as it ain’t Donald’s money, when the club is sold your mob pay it back or not ?

Nothing wrong with any of that.

Obviously that is likely to involve the sacking of most of the existing staff though and a major recruitment process - all very expensive and time consuming, especially if you are trying to make people redundant on jobs that will still exist afterwards . That phase alone would be a PR disaster and create lots of I'll feeling in the area.

Then the building process, again these things take time and resources, and during a period where you are trying to balance the books you are less likely on investing for the future and instead putting out the nearest fires.

He's not been in charge that long really, and the first phase was chaotic. Now that we have a fairly settled period ahead perhaps we will see a growth strategy being put in place.

Well, 7th in League One and a third successive season down here is about as far from success as you could possibly find. Even for SAFC fans.

Well, 7th in League One and a third successive season down here is about as far from success as you could possibly find. Even for SAFC fans.
Yes but it's not getting anywhere pissing and moaning and just wanting change without knowing what or who it is that you want. I'm reading lots of 'not good enough' comments but we were on the verge of extinction a couple of years back and now we are not. None of us wants to be in League 1, but it's not a straightforward process. I'm just asking for patience and trying to avoid getting too dramatic about things.

Nothing wrong with any of that.

Obviously that is likely to involve the sacking of most of the existing staff though and a major recruitment process - all very expensive and time consuming, especially if you are trying to make people redundant on jobs that will still exist afterwards . That phase alone would be a PR disaster and create lots of I'll feeling in the area.

Then the building process, again these things take time and resources, and during a period where you are trying to balance the books you are less likely on investing for the future and instead putting out the nearest fires.

He's not been in charge that long really, and the first phase was chaotic. Now that we have a fairly settled period ahead perhaps we will see a growth strategy being put in place.

Sacking people is nothing that hasnt been done extensively in the last 2 years, it created no I'll will among fans as they recognised it was needed.

It will take time and money, but a different type of money to that we have wasted in the last 2 years, considerably less.

He has been here no time at all but it is obvious that what he is trying to achieve is harmful to the club. Even if he gets what he wants which is promotion, it would be harmful to the club long term due to the way in which he is trying to achieve it.

You dont put a strategy into place when the time is right, it's the other way round.

The devil is in the details but the long term progression of a club is very different between a club that looks for promotion at all costs to one that focuses on improvement of all areas.

I bare the chap no I'll will what so ever, it's just him being in charge is effecting the next 10 years negatively. Football has changed over the last 15 years and there was an opportunity to be ahead of the curb, that has now gone and SD time could be responsible for falling behind it.

So we are in a great financial position are we so tell me this who pays the £25m back taken from the para payments to payback the loan or so we are told, as it ain’t Donald’s money, when the club is sold your mob pay it back or not ?
the current owners will be asoying for it one way or the other..its that simple..if its a debt oin the accounts..theb it reduces the value of the equity..ie they get less for the equity..

if iots not a debt in the accounts then its because they cleared it..simple..

either way they are going to be that amount of money lighter if its registered as a debt from madrix to the club..it is that simple..

they have certainly put north of £10m in.since becoming owners..but ironically that makes the accounts look better..because sd is paying from his own resources the wages of at leats two people who have replaced people who were orevious staff..that would be an additional cost for the new uys..and make the operating lkoss at which he lub was running look that bit worse..
f***ing hell man, if we were as good as these two plus Kildarecharlie are making out, he would have sold us off long ago.
he was offred the chance to wasnt he? i mean if he got the amazing bargain everyone heere says he did..and indeed that he thought he did..it would have been easy to sell..turns out..there sre structural problems that make the club hard to sell..

the current owners will be asoying for it one way or the other..its that simple..if its a debt oin the accounts..theb it reduces the value of the equity..ie they get less for the equity..

either way they are going to be that amount of money lighter if its registered as a debt from madrix to the club..it is that simple..

they have certainly put north of £10m in.since becoming owners..but ironically that makes the accounts look better..because sd is paying from his own resources the wages of at leats two people who have replaced people who were orevious staff..that would be an additional cost for the new uys..and make the operating lkoss at which he lub was running look that bit worse..

he was offred the chance to wasnt he? i mean if he got the amazing bargain everyone heere says he did..and indeed that he thought he did..it would have been easy to sell..turns out..there sre structural problems that make the club hard to sell..
So he didn’t do his own DD to well then. What are these structural problems you speak of

So he didn’t do his own DD to well then. What are these structural problems you speak of
in terms of a sale now? the division the club isin...owning a leasgue one club isnt very glamourous..even if its the biggest one in the fivison by a mile..
a very weathy owner can buy a club in the higehr divisions for a fraction iof what it would cost to out sunderland in the premier league using cash alone..
and thats the point...most football club owners unless they have a particualr connection..dont care about which club they buy..they are buying the status of being a prmeir league club owner..
and thern they could buy some champo clubs..and be in the premier league in less time than it would take sunderland to get there..methven made the aburd sttaement that £of the clubs for sale" sunderland is the best value for money...what nonsense..

I don’t think Hill handled the Maja issue well mind and they’re totally interconnected

in terms of a sale now? the division the club isin...owning a leasgue one club isnt very glamourous..even if its the biggest one in the fivison by a mile..
a very weathy owner can buy a club in the higehr divisions for a fraction iof what it would cost to out sunderland in the premier league using cash alone..
and thats the point...most football club owners unless they have a particualr connection..dont care about which club they buy..they are buying the status of being a prmeir league club owner..
and thern they could buy some champo clubs..and be in the premier league in less time than it would take sunderland to get there..methven made the aburd sttaement that £of the clubs for sale" sunderland is the best value for money...what nonsense..
The point is since he has bought us, he has made us less attractive. Despite him saying we are on a good financial footing, he has failed to sell on. He has contributed to the structure and has oversaw a massive decline in the academies, good young players leaving left right and centre, without a meaningful attempt to keep them,it would appear. If I paid for something, ran it down, I wouldn’t expect my money back and more. He has always said he would do what is best for the club, not for Stewart Donald, now if we are as he says on a good financial footing, which will certainly not be the case in too many clubs, there would be buyers out there, otherwise using your scenario no league one clubs would get bought out. If he was true to his word he would be gone now. As for the line about Methven and value for money, this is the whole point of my post that you responded to.

Asoying, if you can’t spell don’t post lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back