SD on Talksport Podcast this Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
will grigg was an infomr scorer from tis eague..the previous season to when we bouhght him..so o nly monehts befoire..he was one of the top scorers in this league..
liam boyce scored 11 goals las seaosn in this legaue..season before he joined us..wyke scored 15 in this league..

Your point is?

We paid over the top massivley for the 2 we got and let the younger player get away for a few thousand

The last thing you should be doing is trying to defend our transfer business, we have probably made 4 good signings in their time here, and spent a f***ing fortune
To be fair if you were asking for a proven league one goal scorer which I think was what you said, Grigg looked about as close as you could get.

For £3 million plus :) :) :) you are defending that?

Last edited:

Your point is?

We paid over the top massivley for the 2 we got and let the younger player get away for a few thousand

The last thing you should be doing is trying to defend our transfer business, we have probably made 4 good signings in their time here, and spent a f***ing fortune

I’m not defending anything. You said why didn’t we sign an inform striker from the league I said that’s exactly what we did do and tried for others. I also think that to do that we were going to have to overpay reagrdless of which one we went for. Quoted £10m for Marquis as an example.

Your point is?

wyke was an inform league one striker..we paid relatively little for him..

We were owned by Short who had given up on the club and stopped spending, a club that had no leadership or management, and we were heading towards bankruptcy. We had players on mega wages who didn't want to play, rotten apples and all the rest of it. New managers every year and no stability, no credibility and if we are being honest we were circling the drain for years with miracle escapes from relegation.

Now, whilst the team is upper third in League one, we are now financially stable and we have a platform to build from. The club doesn't seem like a basket case any more. It would have been great to come roaring back to the championship and we very nearly did it (I personally blame Ross 100% for that failure), but we didn't and further cost cuts had to be made.

But, we are where we are and we don't know how this season will pan out - we may yet be promoted but if not we get a but more time to get things organized for next season and we try again.

Ha’way man. Can you not see the woods for the trees or summit? They’ve been here a year and a half and we’re now on to our second manager. How’s that different to before in terms of “stability”? Also what credibility do we have now? We’re a f***ing laughing stock. Little teams like Fleetwood come up here with no fear.

Financially stable? We’ve had to take a £10m loam secured on everything including the family silver. But aye cos a proven liar told us we are then let’s take him at face value aye?

Club doesn’t seem like a basket case? Hmmmmmm. Seems more of one than ever to me with these chancers at the helm. How much was spent in the last two windows? Fuck all cos Donald blew the lot on his little vanity project in front of the cameras. Now we struggle in league 1 and our youth teams can’t even get a point.

If you determine success to be in “the upper third of league 1” you are part of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha’way man. Can you not see the woods for the trees or summit? They’ve been here a year and a half and we’re now on to our second manager. How that different to before in terms of “stability”? Also what credibility do we have now? We’re a f***ing laughing stock. Little teams like Fleetwood come up here with no fear.

Financially stable? We’ve had to take a £10m loam secured on everything including the family silver. But aye cos a proven liar told us we are then let’s take him at face value aye?

Club doesn’t seem like a basket case? Hmmmmmm. Seems more of one than ever to me with these chancers at the helm. How much was spent in the last two windows? Fuck all cos Donald blew the lot on his little vanity project in front of the cameras. Now we struggle in league 1 and our youth teams can’t even get a point.

If you determine success to be in “the upper third of league 1” you are part of the problem.
we are defiitel financially stable..
frankly even if the £9m loan was needed (it wasnt) we would still be more financially stable than when they took over and we were in muc more debt..
they cut the operating losses to £2m in year one..
it was £26m the year before they came..
the £2m figure is flattered a bit by stuff sd is persoanlly paying for on behalf of the club..so it would be higher in reality...but still much better than before..

we are defiitel financially stable..
frankly even if the £9m loan was needed (it wasnt) we would still be more financially stable than when they took over and we were in muc more debt..
they cut the operating losses to £2m in year one..
it was £26m the year before they came..
the £2m figure is flattered a bit by stuff sd is persoanlly paying for on behalf of the club..so it would be higher in reality...but still much better than before..

If I don’t need a loan Charles I tend not to take one. I certainly wouldn’t take a loan out secured against my house just for the banter either.

If I don’t need a loan Charles I tend not to take one. I certainly wouldn’t take a loan out secured against my house just for the banter either.
you dont know how rich people work then...they take out loans all the time..whether they need them or not..its very tax efficient..
it allows them more liquidity..

and probably most relevant in this case...it means the americans are in now..and cant go elsewhere in football..the link has been established..

Self sufficient companies can still have debt. In fact it’s often more economical.

Yea I'm not explaining myself well enough, this goes for @kildaremackem also.

If we take on 20million investment and spend it on players that involves a lot of other fees and a commitment to a large wage rise. If we are breaking even now which I doubt, any further costs will make us no longer self sufficient. More money spent is the opposite of being self sufficient unless the point is to spend that money to make a large profit on transfers, which I have seen no effort to do, let alone skill.

you dont know how rich people work then...they take out loans all the time..whether they need them or not..its very tax efficient..

and probably most relevant in this case...it means the americans are in now..and cant go elsewhere in football..the link has been established..

Understand the part about the Americans - that’s fair enough. But the part about loan is a bit of a ruse if you are being honest. Certainly in the case of this one I feel. Again it comes down to how it was communicated. First as investment then they had to come out and say it was a loan. Investors make investments to get a return; finance companies give loans to charge interest. So whichever it is FPP expect to make money out of it.

If we take on 20million investment and spend it on players that involves a lot of other fees and a commitment to a large wage rise. If we are breaking even now which I doubt, any further costs will make us no longer self sufficient. More money spent is the opposite of being self sufficient unless the point is to spend that money to make a large profit on transfers, which I have seen no effort to do, let alone skill.
its also worth pointing out that the league have ffp rules.. and they efirce them as we have seen in the championship..
those rules arent just a conspiracy dreamt up by donald..

Understand the part about the Americans - that’s fair enough. But the part about loan is a bit of a ruse if you are being honest. Certainly in the case of this one I feel. Again it comes down to how it was communicated. First as investment then they had to come out and say it was a loan. Investors make investments to get a return; finance companies give loans to charge interest. So whichever it is FPP expect to make money out of it.
of course fpp are ecpecting to make money..you think they are a charity?
why the fuck would a charity give money to a football club?
a loan is a type of investment..
fpp may also have changed how they wanted to do it..
as far as i know its a convertible loan from fpp..indicating a longer term plan..
Yeah but they are still interest payments which have to be made.
yes probably..though if this is a convertibke loan they may not be due for years and may never be paid..

Last edited:
of course fpp are ecpecting to make money..you think they are a charity?
why the fuck would a charity give money to a football club?
a loan is a type of investment..
fpp may also have changed how they wanted to do it..
as far as i know its a convertible loan from fpp..indicating a longer term plan..

But you are trying to paint this rosey little picture that the loan is “made by a rich man that us poor people don’t understand” and that it’s “tax deductible” meaning we’ll in some way be better off. That’s bullshit. We’ll still be worse of as we have to make the interest payments. Just like we had to make interest payments to SBC or whoever it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
what damage has he doine to the academy> it reains category one status and continues to produce footballkers for the first team..
there would be no extra money in the champo for tv if we go up.
nut i agree with the generak sentiment he has been an incpompetent owner and needs to not be involved in running the club..
So should the owner have kept academy, just look at the money he’s made out of academy on sales of players Asoro, Maja, Greenwood, kid just gone to Man Utd etc etc many others, so it’s certainly hasn’t cost him net wise anything as you like to say, I think he’s probably in front imo, and hold on who said at start of this season it would be absolute failure if we didn’t get out of this lg this season as it looks like again your man, we have the ability to blow anybody out of the water money wise in the lg money wise with only Pompey anywhere near our budget so hows he not a failure on football decisions, even you admitted he’s clueless at football who ever you are

Or buy so well those players get us up the leagues, cup runs etc which will increase revenue.
So should the owner have kept academy, just look at the money he’s made out of academy on sales of players Asoro, Maja, Greenwood, kid just gone to Man Utd etc etc many others, so it’s certainly hasn’t cost him net wise anything as you like to say, I think he’s probably in front imo, and hold on who said at start of this season it would be absolute failure if we didn’t get out of this lg this season as it looks like again your man, we have the ability to blow anybody out of the water money wise in the lg money wise with only Pompey anywhere near our budget so hows he not a failure on football decisions, even you admitted he’s clueless at football who ever you are
Probably true, but he still would have got most of that money and not maintained the status.

Last edited:

It's a loan to Madrox isn't it? Weren't you at pains to tell us the loan isn't to Sunderland when it is first taken out?

I don't see how a loan to Madrox means they can't go elsewhere in football. Does Barclays bank only loan money to one football team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back