SD on Talksport Podcast this Thursday

Fans fault.

Ha'way then, enlighten me on how SD would still have been considered a failure by you and all of us if we'd won that playoff final.
Where are our saleable assets? Where is our scouting network? What type of players do we want at Safc? What style of play should a Sunderland team use? How are we improving our ability to bring through young players? How are we modernising the club to use data and advanced analytics to improve both performance and recruitment?

We are a badly run club from a football perspective - plain and simple. Promotion would have been a good thing but we’d still be built on sand by people who simply don’t have a clue what good looks like - despite Charlie’s protestations to the contrary. And until the Sunderland fanbase starts asking these types of questions - rather than worrying about a single game or breaking a transfer record - we will bear a small amount of responsibility for our position. Because once we do wise up, rank amateurs like Donald and his mates will have nowhere to hide.

Tell me about Bob Murrays popularity 3 years after leading the club to back to back highest place finishes since the war, with a european golden boot and a brand new cost effective stadium thrown in for good measure.

People have short memories, and you can't pick your owner. I think we should take a longer view and not judge SD on the fact that we lost a playoff final rather than won it.
Play off final ? We have played about 80 games in this pisspot league and have struggled to get in the top 2 places and don’t get me started on strikers, they have told too many lies no statement or Netflix show will change my view they are a pair of chancers who should never have been in the position of owning our club.

Where are our saleable assets? Where is our scouting network? What type of players do we want at Safc? What style of play should a Sunderland team use? How are we improving our ability to bring through young players? How are we modernising the club to use data and advanced analytics to improve both performance and recruitment?

We are a badly run club from a football perspective - plain and simple. Promotion would have been a good thing but we’d still be built on sand by people who simply don’t have a clue what good looks like - despite Charlie’s protestations to the contrary. And until the Sunderland fanbase starts asking these types of questions - rather than worrying about a single game or breaking a transfer record - we will bear a small amount of responsibility for our position. Because once we do wise up, rank amateurs like Donald and his mates will have nowhere to hide.

I don't disagree with much of that, we definitely need to be smarter in our player recruitment. But don't forget what they walked into not even 2 years ago, they've been focussing on cutting costs to where the club can actually have a future. Clearly they had a plan that FPP would further invest once they got us promoted and we'd be an expanding business from then on.

How many clubs have ownership you'd be happy with, where they recruit based heavily analytics, while also cutting their cloth?
Play off final ? We have played about 80 games in this pisspot league and have struggled to get in the top 2 places and don’t get me started on strikers, they have told too many lies no statement or Netflix show will change my view they are a pair of chancers who should never have been in the position of owning our club.

Which lies?

If the next owner comes in and talks about sustainable long term growth and then we lose the play off final will you want him out? Of course you will.

Seemingly it's not enough to change your manager every year, it has to be the owner as well.

Last edited:
Which is why my point is the next owner should keep the fans at arms length, as they will turn the second results go against you. And why give them more ammo?

Just out of curiosity, which specific lies are you referring to?

OK I’ll humour you.

Two minutes and 25 seconds into his first ever interview he said:

“We’ve given £40m”

This was released on the clubs own YouTube channel here:

You can tell he’s lying there. Stuttering and erm erm erming.

Some of these happy clappy fuck wits must have been a) living under a rock or b) think they are better fans by refusing to accept anything negative about the club. I’m going 99% b. If you don’t see what’s right in front of you because you perceive it to be making you less of a fan then you are part of the problem.
That’s the theme with many of the clappys I see on here. They’ll defend literally anything about the club. Even the indefensible.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I’ll humour you.

“We’ve given £40m”

Some of these happy clappy fuck wits must have been a) living under a rock or b) think they are better fans by refusing to accept anything negative about the club. I’m going 99% b. If you don’t see what’s right in front of you because you perceive it to be making you less of a fan then you are part of the problem.
they did give 40 million...15m for shares 25m of debt repayment..

OK I’ll humour you.

“We’ve given £40m”

So are you asserting that he's lying because the price on paper was eventually £37m or because they used the £25m parachute payment up front to pay SBC?

If it's the first then they didn't know that at the time. If it's the second fair enough, they've been so unclear the amount if times they tried to clear it up. Regardless, the best way for SD to make good on his profit is to get us up, because the PP are gone now.

At the risk of being called a fuckwit or part of the problem, care to share a few more of the lies?

Last edited:
I don't disagree with much of that, we definitely need to be smarter in our player recruitment. But don't forget what they walked into not even 2 years ago, they've been focussing on cutting costs to where the club can actually have a future. Clearly they had a plan that FPP would further invest once they got us promoted and we'd be an expanding business from then on.

How many clubs have ownership you'd be happy with, where they recruit based heavily analytics, while also cutting their cloth?

Which lies?

If the next owner comes in and talks about sustainable long term growth and then we lose the play off final will you want him out? Of course you will.

Seemingly it's not enough to change your manager every year, it has to be the owner as well.

You can twist and moan as much as you like, Donald and Charlie have been found out, they thought, hack back the costs, get promotion an easy £20 million profit, well they royally fucked that. They said they wouldnt need investment in this division, well not if you have a decent recruitment and scouting team. We dont, its no where f***ing near. As an example look at the Maja situation, some of Donalds supporters are even saying it was obvious he was leaving. So obvious that we didnt have a list of targets, we didnt scout anybody or find anyone that could fit into the Jack Ross playing style (whatever the fuck that was!) instead we witnessed Donald making himself look idiotic and paying probably 4 times more than he should have. 100 points :) :) :) I would love to know why FPP walked away, but their investment doesnt match their asking price does it?

Which lies?

Brentford are the team that we should aspire to be. However it’s not even about us being that right now - although with a clean sheet of paper they should have been building with this sort of thing in mind from day one. The issue is that they show no signs whatsoever that they even recognise where they should get to. Witness Donald’s podcast performance today for the latest evidence of that. So there’s little hope Of is getting there at any point under Donald’s ownership. So with that abject lack of football intelligence, the vast majority of that FPP money would only be wasted in any case.

Not this shite again.
thats legally what happended,..the term in accountig is enterprise value..
You can twist and moan as much as you like, Donald and Charlie have been found out, they thought, hack back the costs, get promotion an easy £20 million profit, well they royally fucked that. They said they wouldnt need investment in this division, well not if you have a decent recruitment and scouting team. We dont, its no where f***ing near. As an example look at the Maja situation, some of Donalds supporters are even saying it was obvious he was leaving. So obvious that we didnt have a list of targets, we didnt scout anybody or find anyone that could fit into the Jack Ross playing style (whatever the fuck that was!) instead we witnessed Donald making himself look idiotic and paying probably 4 times more than he should have. 100 points :) :) :) I would love to know why FPP walked away, but their investment doesnt match their asking price does it?
they dont need exterl investmet in this division..they fundedit hugely themselves..

So are you asserting that he's lying because the price on paper was eventually £37m or because they used the £25m parachute payment up front to pay SBC?

If it's the first then they didn't know that at the time. If it's the second fair enough, they've been so unclear the amount if times they tried to clear it up. Regardless, the best way for SD to make good on his profit is to get us up, because the PP are gone now.

At the risk of being called a fuckwit or part of the problem, care to share a few more of the lies?

Well they were then quoted as saying they’d pay back the £25m. They then said they wouldn’t. I’m not humouring you any more though. Just gan through his podcasts and Charlie’s interviews to see all the contradiction. There’s a good lad.

Well they were then quoted as saying they’d pay back the £25m. They then said they wouldn’t. I’m not humouring you any more though. Just gan through his podcasts and Charlie’s interviews to see all the contradiction. There’s a good lad.
thery never said they wouldnt..they said maybe bot,.but they have put millios of it bacxk...and when they sell..trhe next owers will ask about the 25 million....ellis wax better opff to the tune of £40m from the deal..these guys are, or will be, £25m worse off when they sell because ellis got the £25m than if the £25m hadnt existed..

they never said they woupdnt..they is a plural..and even indiidually none of them said they wouldnt..

Back