SD on Talksport Podcast this Thursday

thats legally what happended,..the term in accountig is enterprise value..

they dont need exterl investmet in this division..they fundedit hugely themselves..

But they do, what happened in January, where were the significant funds? we got done by a scottish team in a buying competition. We ended up with Lafferty. They only need significant funds because we dont have a scouting team which can compete with other teams in this division, its what they created, they are f***ing useless with the important stuff, the stuff on the grass

thery never said they wouldnt..they said maybe bot,.but they have put millios of it bacxk...and when they sell..trhe next owers will ask about the 25 million....ellis wax better opff to the tune of £40m from the deal..these guys are, or will be, £25m worse off when they sell because ellis got the £25m than if the £25m hadnt existed..

Whatever way you want to spin it if they had genuinely paid £40m (later £37m) for the club the PP could have been used for significantly better purposes.
Funnily enough "lie" isn't listed.

I give up.
So are you asserting that he's lying because the price on paper was eventually £37m or because they used the £25m parachute payment up front to pay SBC?

If it's the first then they didn't know that at the time. If it's the second fair enough, they've been so unclear the amount if times they tried to clear it up. Regardless, the best way for SD to make good on his profit is to get us up, because the PP are gone now.

At the risk of being called a fuckwit or part of the problem, care to share a few more of the lies?

The second part obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever way you want to spin it if they had genuinely paid £40m (later £37m) for the club the PP could have been used for significantly better purposes.

I give up.

The second part obviously.
the pp couldnt legally be used for any other purpose..it was security o a debt to SBC corporation..they would have foreclosed on the loan if they didnt get the £25m...ellis had no choice..SD had no choice..SBC owned the £25m..the club got a dewbt off its books and saved £7m in interest..but it wast something these owners had a choice about..

the £10m that was used to buy the club is a different matter hiowever..

the pp couldnt legally be used for any other purpose..it was security o a debt to SBC corporation..they would have foreclosed on the loan if they didnt get the £25m...ellis had no choice..SD had no choice..SBC owned the £25m..the club got a dewbt off its books and saved £7m in interest..but it wast something these owners had a choice about..

the £10m that was used to buy the club is a different matter hiowever..

So then why not just say you’ve paid what you’ve paid? Why not be honest about the ACTUAL purchase price of the club from the outset? Particularly when you’re soon after flogging 20% of it off to someone for £3m. Someone whose done the square root of fuck all I hasten to add.

So then why not just say you’ve paid what you’ve paid? Why not be honest about the ACTUAL purchase price of the club from the outset? Particularly when you’re soon after flogging 20% of it off to someone for £3m. Someone whose done the square root of fuck all I hasten to add.
BECAUSE IN ACCOUNTING terms...the statutory amount paid is the enetrpise value..ie £40m..they "gave ellis £40m" because he benfitted to the tune of £40m.."
but i agree with the sentimnet if your argument..they ciommunicated it terribly and then had loads of chances to explain it clearly and clear up the mess and did not do it. as i say..the £10m of para moey that was used to buy the club..thats the one to worry about..and wjhil im sure they have pout that baxk in now. and a lot more than that.they definitely lied about that..
But they do, what happened in January, where were the significant funds? we got done by a scottish team in a buying competition. We ended up with Lafferty. They only need significant funds because we dont have a scouting team which can compete with other teams in this division, its what they created, they are f***ing useless with the important stuff, the stuff on the grass
who dsaid lafferty cost less than boyce?
who said lafferty is a worde deal than boyce..?
we spent money net in january..

Last edited:
i think there is a bluebrit..in the very geeral sense..but crucially..its not just that the execution of the blue print has been incompetet, it has, but its also that the structure needed to make the blueprint effective hast been there either..
more cash with this structure would just be like pouring water into a bucket that has a hole in it..

how do you know what advice coton and hill are giving him? what we do know is that donald doest listen to them..which is the bigger problem..
As I said in the post you quoted it is just how it appears to be, you could also look at our recruitment and it's fairly clear to see we have just looked at players who anyone with Google would be able to find.

but it wast something these owners had a choice about..
of course they did

option one - use 25m pp to pay debt
option two - put 40m of their own money in to buy the club and pay the debt (which was a clear requirement of Ellis in the purchase), use the pp to land softly in the lower division (which is what its ther for)

there's the choice

As I said in the post you quoted it is just how it appears to be, you could also look at our recruitment and it's fairly clear to see we have just looked at players who anyone with Google would be able to find.
well all players are on google..exceopot perhaps kaziah sterling..i dont think ay fucker has heard of him..

or oztuyrk..two very obscure footballers..one that workled..one that didnt..
of course they did

option two - put 40m of their own money in to buy the club and pay the debt (which was a clear requirement of Ellis in the purchase), use the pp to land softly in the lower division (which is what its ther for)

there's the choice
THE DEBT HAD TO BE PAID BEFORE THEY TOOK OVER..thats what happened...the para money paid the debt...
of course they did

there's the choice
they didt use the para money to oay the debt..wllis did..because the debt was due when eillis was in charge..not when they wree..

Last edited:
BECAUSE IN ACCOUNTING terms...the statutory amount paid is the enetrpise value..ie £40m..they "gave ellis £40m" because he benfitted to the tune of £40m.."
but i agree with the sentimnet if your argument..they ciommunicated it terribly and then had loads of chances to explain it clearly and clear up the mess and did not do it. as i say..the £10m of para moey that was used to buy the club..thats the one to worry about..and wjhil im sure they have pout that baxk in now. and a lot more than that.they definitely lied about that..

Why can't you type?

the key points from this that people are missing are:

1) He talked about maybe the americans getting more involved if we go up, he didnt mention juan getting more involved, which was somethig he said was a possibility o earlier pods. Its hardly a surpise to any of us juan isnt eager to get invlved, but significant there is a tacit acknowledgement.
2) He accepts they have been lucky with afew things that have gone right for them financially

1) He talked about maybe the americans getting more involved if we go up, he didnt mention juan getting more involved, which was somethig he said was a possibility o earlier pods. Its hardly a surpise to any of us juan isnt eager to get invlved, but significant there is a tacit acknowledgement.
2) He accepts they have been lucky with afew things that have gone right for them financially
3) The impact of the virus on football is likely to be stark..those clubs with stable finances will do better, and he regards safc as one of those.

Last edited:

3) The impact of the virus on football is likely to be stark..those clubs with stable finances will do better, and he regards safc as one of those.
Why do you think Juan isn’t eager to be involved? When he was first on the scene and attending a few games he seemed well into it.

I say Lafferty is a worse deal than Boyce, WE bought a lad who will struggle to last 70 minutes and let our number one target get away

Why do you think Juan isn’t eager to be involved? When he was first on the scene and attending a few games he seemed well into it.
ive no idea..but people that rich often spread a little cash around a range of investments/interests and see which one works.takes their fancy..safc has had his £3m and maybe more..but that looks like the extent of it..
I say Lafferty is a worse deal than Boyce, WE bought a lad who will struggle to last 70 minutes and let our number one target get away
our number one target went to a shit club that pay nothing in wages ()averae salary at hearts is £132,000) and has 2 in 7..lafferty has 2 for u..and hasnt played reualrly..

Last edited:
Lafferty has scored 2 in 11, 9 of those as subs.
Boyce has scored 2 in 7

Hearts gave Boyce a 3 1/2 year deal, we would have been stupid to have done the same

I think the problem here is, we ended up with someone who fits with Parkinsons style of play, Boyce is a far more flexible player in the roles he can play. We wanted to buy him then didnt get him. It was pennies, it wasnt like tripling the bid for Grigg, Lafferty wont be here next season (whenever that is!) and we start the whole crap f***ing process again, which seems to be who is the cheapest! Substantial funds dont forget.

I suppose we may pick some bargains up if some teams go bust, but I have no faith our scouting team have a f***ing clue what they are doing
ive no idea..but people that rich often spread a little cash around a range of investments/interests and see which one works.takes their fancy..safc has had his £3m and maybe more..but that looks like the extent of it..

our number one target went to a shit club that pay nothing in wages ()averae salary at hearts is £132,000) and has 2 in 7..lafferty has 2 for u..and hasnt played reualrly..

If he went to a shit club who pay no wages, how couldnt we get him then smart arse?

Back