Scottish people

Worked in Bathgate a while back but wasn’t staying there, was staying near bridge of Allan. Nice area, nature of the job meant lots of travelling between jobs so got to see loads of lovely places..

Once got sent to mallaig from spean bridge, lovely summers day ( rare I know) and it was class.. long drive to do one job but while you’re marching you’re not fighting.

never had any bother really, only thing I can remember was during euro 96 when gazza scored against Scotland.. was in a pub in Dunfermline where the clientele weren’t quite as appreciative as I was.

all the places out the way the people seemed happy to see you in my experience.
I deliver and or pick up cars and vans for a hire company, which was recently taken over by Avis. I could be anywhere in Scotland or North of Nottingham. Had some great Highland runs. Amazon subbies take a lot of our vans, including the one next to nissan. A few times I've taken the other drivers on a tour of our bridges over the wear.

We have an office in Belfast. I speak to a guy about once a week who sounds like an angry nasty man. Always seemed to be shouting and occasionally had shades of Ian Paisley about him.

I met him just before lockdown when I was over there, and you know what, he was as nice as anything. In fact his whole family couldnt have been more hospitable. i had completely the wrong idea. Based purely on his accent. Its hard to judge over the phone sometimes

Maybe I'm out of order here and I'm the last person to generalise...

Working for the SLC, we have offices in Glasgow and I'm having to speak to them several times a day.

Why are they so bloody miserable 😅 is this a thing? I speak to the English people, and the Welsh, they're nice as pie.

But the Scottish sound like they have lost the will to live.

They obviously don't take prisoners at that level.
Shit bait

Maybe I'm out of order here and I'm the last person to generalise...

Working for the SLC, we have offices in Glasgow and I'm having to speak to them several times a day.

Why are they so bloody miserable 😅 is this a thing? I speak to the English people, and the Welsh, they're nice as pie.

But the Scottish sound like they have lost the will to live.

They obviously don't take prisoners at that level.
Nationalism has done them in!

Don't mind the Scots at all, had a few run ins playing football up there but the majority are sound and I have a great number of friends who are Scottish. I do like the accent as well apart from the rough Glaswegian type, I don't even hear the wife's Aberdonian accent now when we speak until she says mines or bet instead of beat or hut instead of hit. Mind her mother is different and pretty doric.

Back