Scottish people

Maybe I'm out of order here and I'm the last person to generalise...

Working for the SLC, we have offices in Glasgow and I'm having to speak to them several times a day.

Why are they so bloody miserable 😅 is this a thing? I speak to the English people, and the Welsh, they're nice as pie.

But the Scottish sound like they have lost the will to live.

They obviously don't take prisoners at that level.
I speak to councils every day mate (planning applications) and I always find the Scottish ones firstly answer the phone and secondly try to help, unlike the English one who never answer and can be obstinate

If you can look past varying but ever present levels of distain they have for us they’re canny people. We probs get a bit more leeway on account of us being northern and having completely different accents to people 60 miles south of us and we use a fair few similar slang words. worked with loads of Scots and 90% express anti English sentiments and I’d say 50% of those were not joking. But aye canny bunch.

Maybe I'm out of order here and I'm the last person to generalise...

Working for the SLC, we have offices in Glasgow and I'm having to speak to them several times a day.

Why are they so bloody miserable 😅 is this a thing? I speak to the English people, and the Welsh, they're nice as pie.

But the Scottish sound like they have lost the will to live.

They obviously don't take prisoners at that level.
The only two happy Scottish people are .. Billy Connolly and Kevin Bridges two very funny blokes !

Did one of them ancestry DNA tests recently.
Born and brought up in Sunderland.
48% Irish
52% Scottish
Followed England to loads of away games but haven’t got an English bone in my body.

Scots are either the best customers you'll ever have or your worst. At their best they are the kindest, most humorous, least greedy, welcoming and appreciative people around but if they blow, they are a nightmare. Like Bill Duke in Predator they will take down a forest on the off chance of bringing down their foe
The English are seldom as gracious as the Scots and are no where near as scary when they gan radge.

Scots are either the best customers you'll ever have or your worst. At their best they are the kindest, most humorous, least greedy, welcoming and appreciative people around but if they blow, they are a nightmare. Like Bill Duke in Predator they will take down a forest on the off chance of bringing down their foe
The English are seldom as gracious as the Scots and are no where near as scary when they gan radge.

I prefer Scots to Southerners

Back