Scottish people

babyimreadytoblow

Central Defender
Maybe I'm out of order here and I'm the last person to generalise...

Working for the SLC, we have offices in Glasgow and I'm having to speak to them several times a day.

Why are they so bloody miserable 😅 is this a thing? I speak to the English people, and the Welsh, they're nice as pie.

But the Scottish sound like they have lost the will to live.

They obviously don't take prisoners at that level.

Last edited:

I just think it’s their accent sounds a bit more abrupt.

Every is shit scared of my mam but she’s canny really.

Working for the SLC, we have offices in Glasgow and I'm having to speak to them several times a day.

Why are they so bloody miserable 😅 is this a thing? I speak to the English people, and the Welsh, they're nice as pie.

I've been dealing with the SLC a lot recently and agree. Got through to an English person the other day and it was a completely different experience.

Having worked up there for a few years, Glasgow, Stirling, Perth….i found them all ok once i got used to the accent….but i found the people in the Leeds / Bradford area to be a lot more dour….a few exceptions admittedly

Having to deal with the SLC was a nightmare. They kept taking my payments for 8 months after I'd fully paid, and I had to jump through all kinds of hoops to get my money back.

Back