Save Doxfords West Gateway

It is the last original building left standing. Dear me what is it with some people. We're trying to preserve the last remnant of a huge piece of our City's history man. If people can't support this then what hope have we got...
Answering honestly , which by all accounts is difficult for you ya lying kernt, did you know of this wonderful gatehouse before the echo story. In another story, did you realise the state of Doxford Hall, which overlooks the wonderful park complete with walled gardens.lovely for a stroll in the summer ..it fell into a mess after the lazurous trust bailed out years back.Orginally owned by the Doxford family. Get the fucker bought Armpit and turn it into a museum.

If this thread is a representation of how the people of Sunderland feel about their history, it is a very sad day.
The same people are the ones who have a go at others for not supporting Sunderland enough. Honestly mate, just ignore em, they clearly
Errr you're the bonehead who wasn't aware we had a monument to shipbuilding on Keel Square, The Keel Line, a maritime heritage centre and a big fuckoff promontory called 'The Launch' built in tribute to shipbuilding

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/save-doxfords-west-gateway.1406783/page-2#post-26685634
I see you still dont understand what a promontory is. :D:D:D:D

Oh, and when did you say you were last at the Maritime Heritage Centre??? Because the guys in there are fully behind this campaign and are still looking for bigger and more centrally located premises.

The same people are the ones who have a go at others for not supporting Sunderland enough. Honestly mate, just ignore em, they clearly

I see you still dont understand what a promontory is. :D:D:D:D

Oh, and when did you say you were last at the Maritime Heritage Centre??? Because the guys in there are fully behind this campaign and are still looking for bigger and more centrally located premises.

Link to where you and I have discussed a promontory please?

Answering honestly , which by all accounts is difficult for you ya lying kernt, did you know of this wonderful gatehouse before the echo story. In another story, did you realise the state of Doxford Hall, which overlooks the wonderful park complete with walled gardens.lovely for a stroll in the summer ..it fell into a mess after the lazurous trust bailed out years back.Orginally owned by the Doxford family. Get the fucker bought Armpit and turn it into a museum.
Yes, ive parked next to it hundreds of times when at the climbing wall adjacent.

Errr you're the bonehead who wasn't aware we had a monument to shipbuilding on Keel Square, The Keel Line, a maritime heritage centre and a big fuckoff promontory called 'The Launch' built in tribute to shipbuilding

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/save-doxfords-west-gateway.1406783/page-2#post-26685634
I worked in the yards from the age of 16 and walked through those gates on hundreds of occasions. The things you mention are mere nods to the shipbuilding heritage of Sunderland. There isn't anything of substance to acknowledge Sunderland place in the world of shipbuilding and what made the town great. You actually putting a page up from the destruction of the gatehouse is a f***ing disgrace. You should hang your head in shame.... C*NT

Link to where you and I have discussed a promontory please?
Quite easy for you to navigate your way around the board, you'll manage. But lets eb honest, you haven't a clue what the word means do you else you wouldnt have used it. Captain cut and paste....thats all you are.

You can post an many links as you want but the sculpture by definition IS NOT A PROMONTORY.

A promontory is raised land mass surrounded by water.

Here they are in their glory days...

Logon or register to see this image
Personally i think that would look fabulous as a gateway to The Launch sculpture. A monument linking last to present. Almost like a visitors centre, where hopefully all the new tourists/workers coming into the Vaux area can learn more about Wearside industry etc...

Last edited:
If this thread is a representation of how the people of Sunderland feel about their history, it is a very sad day.
There are plenty who couldn't give a shiney shite and plenty who do and do loads for the city. One lad who does has made some very sensible suggestions to the OP and you saw the reply.

I think there are plenty who feel a lot about history but just ain't seeing what some are in this building - me included. The report the group are banging on about pretty much says the arches and the gates are all that's worth saving and that is all I can see myself. The historical significance is that workers passed through those gates to the yards. Why do we need to save the ugly part where people worked in the office?

I worked in the yards from the age of 16 and walked through those gates on hundreds of occasions. The things you mention are mere nods to the shipbuilding heritage of Sunderland. There isn't anything of substance to acknowledge Sunderland place in the world of shipbuilding and what made the town great. You actually putting a page up from the destruction of the gatehouse is a f***ing disgrace. You should hang your head in shame.... C*NT
Just a huge Keel Line, a monument, a heritage centre, a 30 metre high installation called 'The Launch' on the riverside and statues and artwork all along both sides of the river. You know fuck all about it mate. Do you even live in Sunderland? Thick as fuck man

You can post an many links as you want but the sculpture by definition IS NOT A PROMONTORY.

A promontory is raised land mass surrounded by water.

Personally i think that would look fabulous as a gateway to The Launch sculpture. A monument linking last to present. Almost like a visitors centre, where hopefully all the new tourists/workers coming into the Vaux area can learn more about Wearside industry etc...
It wouldn't...it's a pebbleddashed burned out monstrosity that was originally designed as Art Deco and then had extensions tagged on to it. It's a horrible horrible building

Quite easy for you to navigate your way around the board, you'll manage. But lets eb honest, you haven't a clue what the word means do you else you wouldnt have used it. Captain cut and paste....thats all you are.
Seriously post the link where we had that conversation. You're making it up man :lol:

Do you think for a moment a reconstruction would look like that though? I'm far from against them being saved as it happens, or at least part of. If they've got to go though for development, so be it. I want our kids to live in a flourishing city.
The bricks will be fucked completely after being neglected and covered with pebbledash

An angry man with a well-focussed attack can be quite unsettling indeed.
An angry man with an appalling grasp of grammar however, is just f***ing hilarious. :lol::lol::lol::D

Says the most angriest person on here :lol::lol:

The fact you ignore issues raised and nit pick on grammar speaks volumes in that you're incapable of rational debate.

I (along with most others i suspect) do the vast majority of posting on a phone. A fairly small touchscreen. That things arent grammatically correct or spelt right on a football message board really is not important.

You're just a bairn with an attitude problem who cant handle the taste of his own medicine.

Ps i did notice a couple of spelling mistakes on your posts over the last couple of days. People in glass houses and that :lol:

Do you think for a moment a reconstruction would look like that though? I'm far from against them being saved as it happens, or at least part of. If they've got to go though for development, so be it. I want our kids to live in a flourishing city.
Why wouldnt it look like that? The original engineering bricks are under the pebble dash (why that was put on i have no idea mind). It's more symbolic than aesthetic though for me. Despite the rhetoric there is precious little to remind anyone of how mighty an industry we had on the river....this is literally our last chance to salvage a tiny piece of it and help preserve that memory.

There are plenty who couldn't give a shiney shite and plenty who do and do loads for the city. One lad who does has made some very sensible suggestions to the OP and you saw the reply.

I think there are plenty who feel a lot about history but just ain't seeing what some are in this building - me included. The report the group are banging on about pretty much says the arches and the gates are all that's worth saving and that is all I can see myself. The historical significance is that workers passed through those gates to the yards. Why do we need to save the ugly part where people worked in the office?
I don't really mind people not giving a shiney shite about the gates, but I do object to people taking the piss out of those who do.

Back