Save Doxfords West Gateway

Why would I take advice off someone who clearly doesn't give a flying fuck about a campaign I am fully supportive of.

If you and your naval-gasping, moronic buddies had the wherewithal, you'd see you're making complete tools of yourself with the kind of
hypocrisy that would make a politician blush.

It really is quite something to see unfold I have to see.

Self awareness not your strongest point is it? @RestlessNatives tried to help and you were abusive. Regardless if he gives a toss about your campaign or not he took the time to write out a detailed reply that would have assisted you, but like the child you are you threw it back in his face.

Why would I take advice off someone who clearly doesn't give a flying fuck about a campaign I am fully supportive of.

If you and your naval-gasping, moronic buddies had the wherewithal, you'd see you're making complete tools of yourself with the kind of
hypocrisy that would make a politician blush.

It really is quite something to see unfold I have to see.

Now let's be grown up and try to save this pivotal part of our history.

Logon or register to see this image
The advice was sound and could be related to any cause of conservation and you just dismissed it ,rather childishly at that.

Really the future progress of Sunderland is more important than some historical buildings that would be difficult to make any return on.
Is this building in the way of the SSTC?

Really the future progress of Sunderland is more important than some historical buildings that would be difficult to make any return on.
Is this building in the way of the SSTC?

The planned SSTC3 route starts at its west end from the approach to the New Wear Crossing, taking traffic from there around the Pallion Shipyard site and under the end span of the Queen Alexandra Bridge.
It follows the line of the existing Deptford Terrace alongside the Ropery before heading across Simpson Street to junctions with Beach Street and Trimdon Street West.
Eastwards from there the new dual-carriageway would overlay the existing Trimdon Street to modified roundabouts at Hylton Road and St Mary’s Boulevard.
Subject to all the necessary permissions being received, construction works could begin in 2018.

Last updated Thu 23 Feb 2017

Yes...the one covered in pebbledash and burnt out
Ah I see, that makes sense now.

Just a suggestion but beamish have a good track record of saving historical buildings.....
Not ideal to everyone but could be a good compromise??
Building gets moved, rebuilt.......the road gets built?? Compromise

Ah I see, that makes sense now.

Just a suggestion but beamish have a good track record of saving historical buildings.....
Not ideal to everyone but could be a good compromise??
Building gets moved, rebuilt.......the road gets built?? Compromise
It would be ideal for Beamish as a backup option. They did a similar thing with the a masonic lodge from Sunderland. Rebuilt it brick by brick.

What I've gleaned from this thread is the following. If this building was in any other city in the UK it would already have been preserved. SC have history of demolishing culturally significant buildings that could in part or wholly be renovated and thus add some history to our city, the Town Hall and the Vaux site for example.
As is the norm with the SMB, or any form of social media, there's always trolls who feel the need to put down someone else's good intentions- like me ma used to say, "if you've got nowt nice to say, then fuck off"
Have you read the posts that this arsehole constantly churns out? The boy is unstable man.He asks a question, gets the answer he doesn't want to hear so refuses to take it onboard.So you can fuck off .

Have you read the posts that this arsehole constantly churns out? The boy is unstable man.He asks a question, gets the answer he doesn't want to hear so refuses to take it onboard.So you can fuck off .
Irony and illiteracy in equal measure....you certainly are a piece of work bonny lad. :D:D:D:D

Back