Save Doxfords West Gateway

What I've gleaned from this thread is the following. If this building was in any other city in the UK it would already have been preserved. SC have history of demolishing culturally significant buildings that could in part or wholly be renovated and thus add some history to our city, the Town Hall and the Vaux site for example.
As is the norm with the SMB, or any form of social media, there's always trolls who feel the need to put down someone else's good intentions- like me ma used to say, "if you've got nowt nice to say, then fuck off"
I am not convinced you are right. I work in Liverpool, a city that has preserved a lot of its heritage and can be considered a role model in this area. However most of the examples of preservation, that I can think of, work commercially. One example I can think of where people were campaigning for its preservation was the Irish centre. It lay empty and decaying for years put fortunately the University has taken over the beautiful building. Before that preservation made no commercial sense. Councils are under intense financial pressure and their main aim is growing the number of premises paying council tax or business rates.

Back