Save Doxfords West Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why wouldnt it look like that? The original engineering bricks are under the pebble dash (why that was put on i have no idea mind). It's more symbolic than aesthetic though for me. Despite the rhetoric there is precious little to remind anyone of how mighty an industry we had on the river....this is literally our last chance to salvage a tiny piece of it and help preserve that memory.
It's not the last standing thing though. Pallion could be turned into a shrine if enough mugs wanted it.whilst we're on , let's reopen a few coal shafts and let our kids wander around them so they know what they are missing.

I don't really mind people not giving a shiney shite about the gates, but I do object to people taking the piss out of those who do.
The gates should be saved no doubt, the council are already committed to this along with the arch.The whole building though? My issue is with Armpit, he masks his petty hatred for the council with anything and everything.

It's not the last standing thing though. Pallion could be turned into a shrine if enough mugs wanted it.whilst we're on , let's reopen a few coal shafts and let our kids wander around them so they know what they are missing.
Pallion? The estate Pallion? Pallion what exactly...you're really not gonna say the sheds under the Alex bridge are you? I mean you do know they aren't original buildings don't you.....

Pallion? The estate Pallion? Pallion what exactly...you're really not gonna say the sheds under the Alex bridge are you? I mean you do know they aren't original buildings don't you.....
Doesn’t matter what they look like, it’s what they represent

The gates should be saved no doubt, the council are already committed to this along with the arch.The whole building though? My issue is with Armpit, he masks his petty hatred for the council with anything and everything.
So why the gates and arches....what's your rationale for only these and not the building. Is it because this is what SC have proposed and you cant bring yourself to disagree with them. I mean the resident board bell end wants the whole thing flattened so presumably he thinks the council have got it wrong on this?

So why the gates and arches....what's your rationale for only these and not the building. Is it because this is what SC have proposed and you cant bring yourself to disagree with them. I mean the resident board bell end wants the whole thing flattened so presumably he thinks the council have got it wrong on this?
The gates and arch could be used on any number of future developments.

Exactly. Could be incorporated in to an existing building or a new build. Or be a stand alone monument to the workers.

And crucially would cost a hell of a lot less.
Yep.A little bit of history added to a new build works well when done correctly, less is more so to speak. Certain people just want to have a pop at everything Sunderland does or doesn't do at every mortal thing. Very tedious tbh.

Examples on a postcard please?

Look no further than your argument with boris over the promontory.
He's blown you out so you ignore his questions and revert to nit pick over grammar and semantics.

That it technically may not be a promontory in the true sense is neither here nor there. The word has been used by siglion and appeared in official docs.

Youve then contradicted yourself by doing this as you previously ^^^^ denied carrying out such behaviour.

But carry on, i find you greatly entertaining having meltdowns over such trivial matters. It says something when even the mods are taking the piss out of you:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back