Running thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had first day off for ages on Saturday and they really good progressive long run, start p&d marathon training today see how far get through it before race cancelled especilly if GNR the first of many that start to go over the next few weeks.

Got pain running through the heel of my foot and down my left ankle, annoying as it's stopping me getting out on the bike / pavement but dunno what it is.

Struggle to get further than 1km havnt played competitive footy in few years due to work, working towards a 10k any tips?

Got pain running through the heel of my foot and down my left ankle, annoying as it's stopping me getting out on the bike / pavement but dunno what it is.
I've got a pain in the inside on my ankle, running up the inside of my shin. Was gonna do 10 miles yesterday but had to stop just over 7. Annoying

Looked quick from my perspective - you got it done though.

First LT run for me today in the new training block another new best 10k and 5k best estimated time 45:55 and 22:02 respectively , which isnt bad at my supposed half marathon pace.
Good stuff....looks like you are improving each week
First interval session for a good few months last night and I felt it 🤪

Last edited:
Since the lockdown I’ve been training with the aim of running a sub-20 minute 5k. My fastest time previously was about 21 minutes.

For the past 3 months I have been following a plan ... hill sprints, 5x1k, 6x800m, 10x400m, Kenyan hill runs, fartlek, tempo etc. I have reached all of the mini milestones so I attempted a ‘fast’ 3k on Monday.

I beat my PB ...

By 12 (TWELVE) f@cking seconds!!!!! :lol:

Since the lockdown I’ve been training with the aim of running a sub-20 minute 5k. My fastest time previously was about 21 minutes.

For the past 3 months I have been following a plan ... hill sprints, 5x1k, 6x800m, 10x400m, Kenyan hill runs, fartlek, tempo etc. I have reached all of the mini milestones so I attempted a ‘fast’ 3k on Monday.

I beat my PB ...

What time was your 3k?

I beat my PB ...

still a new PB 😎

What time was your 3k?
Mile 1 was 06:40, slower than planned.
Mile 2 was 13:30.
Mile 3 was just under 20:00.

I think that the route is 3.2 miles.
still a new PB 😎
Ta, I was close to jacking it in!

I found an article about not improving running times, and there are some suggestions that I can take on board.

Sleep, stress, not doing a weekly long run, more mileage, effects of weather. I am much better when it isn’t as humid.

Last edited:

I found an article about not improving running times, and there are some suggestions that I can take on board.

Sleep, stress, not doing a weekly long run, more mileage, effects of weather. I am much better when it isn’t as humid.

Good Times marra.

Good Times marra.
Thank you, the training plan includes 5x 1k at 04:00 pace with a 90 second jogged recovery, the 6x 800m is at 03:12 pace and I was reaching those milestones.

I’ll do another block of the 4 week schedule.

Good work that mate well done.

I have put 5k training to the side - I do want sub-20 but i enjoy trail running so much more. I have been going to Penshaw monument and the surround grounds and forest, it's perfect for trail run & elevation training. I am going to use it the rest of summer for Coniston marathon training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back